Author Topic: Who will win the NBA title next year (for real)?  (Read 1089 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Who will win the NBA title next year (for real)?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 06:46:35 PM »
Let's put it this way. Every year since 1999, when Jordan retired, I have predicted that the Lakers would win every year. 3 out of 6 years, I was right, and the other 3 they were close. Why in the blue hell am I going to change my prediction, when Jerry Buss has put together winning teams for years. Since 1980, the Lakers have missed the playoffs once, made the NBA Finals, 12 times, and won 8. To beat against the Lakers is like beating against Mike Tyson, or the New York Yankees, sure neither has won a big title in a while, but the Yankees still find ways to win, and Mike Tyson is still only one punch away from winning. So I am satisfied with my chose. Miami Heat over the Los Angeles Lakers 4-2. I even said that the teams that should be there are the T'Wolves and the Pistons. Hell you can count that as who I think is going in if you want. I think they are the best teams, but the best teams don't always win the finals, and for some strange reason, the refs call favors the highest rated match ups.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2004, 07:28:02 PM »
Clippers goal-  Get to the playoffs
Twolves goal-  win it all
Spurs goal- win it all
Pitsons goal- Repeat
Heat goal-  Eastern Conference Finals
Lakers goal-  Start rebuilding, see what kind of damage they can do in the playoffs and IMPROVE to be Next years contenders.  Kobe has the talent...its barely his first year to prove what hes made of. I GOTTA SEE TO BELIEVE.  PLus Jordan had more help on his team than what kobe has to work with right now.  Where are the true 3 pt. shooters? The Rebounders?  Top Notch defender?

NIK...ur starting to sound like Jack Haley. 

And you're starting to sound like a Laker hater... ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2004, 07:30:53 PM »
Charlotte Bobcats, all the way.  Undefeated, I can see it coming.  If it doesn't happen, it's because our owner is Black, and being held down by the man .

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2004, 08:28:57 PM »
what has kobe said after shaq was traded away?  "its going to be a challenge"   "it will be fun"  "uphilll battle"

Signs of a contender huh?

what has Jerry and jeanie buss said?  "rebuilding", "we have to move on"

WOW ur right nik...they are saying they are going to win it next year

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 12:34:38 AM »
If you're a Clipper fan, you should be pulling for them to make the playoffs...That's the Clippers goal...Lakers goal isn't to make the playoffs, it's to win a championship, and to be a fan, you must have faith...Shaq was slowing down the Lakers, and I think the Lakers improved this year...Kobe wont have a selfish fatso begging for the bell, and complaining that he doesn't get it enough after every game...This is Kobe's Jordan year...PeACe

I just dont see how they improved. I dont think u can take Shaq off of the team, and improve unless u got some real talent for him. Not to mention, if either of the twosome was selfish...it was Kobe. He should be happy this year, cus he can take every single shot of every single game now. And yes, the Lakers will definetely be better then the Clips...but i dont think its realistic to think theyll win the title this year. If they keep the same team together...maybe the following year they can contend. This coming year, i dont predict anything higher then 5th in the West. And more then likely, lower then that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 01:04:29 AM »
what has kobe said after shaq was traded away?  "its going to be a challenge"   "it will be fun"  "uphilll battle"

Signs of a contender huh?

what has Jerry and jeanie buss said?  "rebuilding", "we have to move on"

WOW ur right nik...they are saying they are going to win it next year

I'm pretty sure they were picking other teams to win the championship... ::)

ecrazy

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 03:22:12 AM »
You people aren't fans one bit...Have you ever heard of having faith in your team? I mean, come on...You don't see Mich Kupchak, Jerry Buss, and Rudy Tomjanavich running around saying "I think Minnesota will win the championship"...That would just be a slap in the face to the fans...If you're a fan, you root for your team and have faith for your team...When you claim your a fan, and then say "I doubt they have a chance this year," that makes me question your credebility as a fan...With a starting lining that includes the best player in the game (Kobe Bryant), a proven star forward (Lamar Odom), an up and coming star (Caron Butler), a hall of a fame player (Gary Payton), and one of the few good centers in the game (Vlade Divac)...How can you even have the guts to say the Lakers aren't in the run?...That's not a fan, buddy...PeACe

naw man. Fans dont have to be blind tho. Yeah, u should support your team always. And if youre a real fan u always pull for em. But that doesnt mean you should be unrealistic about shit. There are plenty of Clipper fans in LA...do u think that in order to be a REAL Clipper fan, u should believe that they are winning the title this next year? lol right.

If you're a Clipper fan, you should be pulling for them to make the playoffs...That's the Clippers goal...Lakers goal isn't to make the playoffs, it's to win a championship, and to be a fan, you must have faith...Shaq was slowing down the Lakers, and I think the Lakers improved this year...Kobe wont have a selfish fatso begging for the bell, and complaining that he doesn't get it enough after every game...This is Kobe's Jordan year...PeACe

Clippers goal-  Get to the playoffs
Twolves goal-  win it all
Spurs goal- win it all
Pitsons goal- Repeat
Heat goal-  Eastern Conference Finals
Lakers goal-  Start rebuilding, see what kind of damage they can do in the playoffs and IMPROVE to be Next years contenders.  Kobe has the talent...its barely his first year to prove what hes made of. I GOTTA SEE TO BELIEVE.  PLus Jordan had more help on his team than what kobe has to work with right now.  Where are the true 3 pt. shooters? The Rebounders?  Top Notch defender?

NIK...ur starting to sound like Jack Haley. 

OK, LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR FOR EVERYONE - THE CLIPPERS ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL!!!!!!
PERIOD, SHAUN LIVINGSTON IS THE FUTURE!!!!!!

CLIPPERS - 2005 CHAMPS

I wouldnt be dissapointed just makin it to the playoffs neither.... :P

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2004, 07:41:50 AM »
of course they are not picking other teams.  but have you heard anybody say "anything short of a championship will be a dissapointment to this upcoming Laker team.

look at the history of the great centers, wait look at the history of the Lakers.  Each dynasty has had a legendary center...and when they didnt have a legendary center but a Hall of Fame team they just came oh so close to win it all almost every damn year with West and Baylor.  Wilt helped them to get over that hump.  The Lakers dont win rings....we get dynasties bro.  And a dynasty is not build right away after another one is gone.  It takes time.  So far it is looking okay.  Within in these next 3 years they are going to have to start getting some solid role players to play with kobe. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2004, 10:56:01 PM »
of course they are not picking other teams.  but have you heard anybody say "anything short of a championship will be a dissapointment to this upcoming Laker team.

look at the history of the great centers, wait look at the history of the Lakers.  Each dynasty has had a legendary center...and when they didnt have a legendary center but a Hall of Fame team they just came oh so close to win it all almost every damn year with West and Baylor.  Wilt helped them to get over that hump.  The Lakers dont win rings....we get dynasties bro.  And a dynasty is not build right away after another one is gone.  It takes time.  So far it is looking okay.  Within in these next 3 years they are going to have to start getting some solid role players to play with kobe. 

One word...Bulls.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2004, 11:38:35 AM »

One word...Bulls.

yeah but the Bulls had Jordan. The Lakers just have Kobe.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2004, 11:51:01 AM »
Bulls had....

3 pt shooters
Defensive Players everywhere
Rebounders

Lakers have Kobe, KObe, and Kobe with Lamar

Dammit, dont be fucking blind.  Its not even close to being the same team.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2004, 11:54:29 AM »
Bulls had....

3 pt shooters
Defensive Players everywhere
Rebounders

Lakers have Kobe, KObe, and Kobe with Lamar

Dammit, dont be fucking blind.  Its not even close to being the same team.

ive tried this before man, dont stess yourself out lol. You can spend all week trying to blind man see, and the end of the week...he'll still be blind. I like fans who support their team. I just cant stand when they arent logical about the shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
^^You've tried what? To tell me that the Spurs were gunna take it this year, and put out the Lakers?...Yea, get your head out your ass...I already saw Jake turn around and say the Spurs were gunna take it this year, and now I'm seeing Javier say Lakers aren't contenders...I don't think I'm gunna follow the trend...PeACe

Smoke

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2004, 04:58:16 PM »
I still cant judge the Lakers. It all depends on Malone re-signing and on a couple of trades they'll hopefully make to get a new PG and maybe another 3pt shooter (only George is really good from 3pts now that Fisher is gone). But c'mon.. some of you all are too pessimistic about them. Lakers CAN be contenders no doubt. They still have Kobe Bryant, the man who already used to take the team over his shoulders in the 4th quarters. He was the real go-to-guy, in the hard situations. Duncan took the last shoot against the Lakers, in the infamous "a-lucky-shoot-deserved-another-lucky-shoot". Shaq never did it (it was always Horry or Kobe). Shaq dominates inside, no doubt. But he aint good for the Lakers. I mean the Lakers roster wasnt perfect for him. I see him perfectly in San Antonio: where they all defend, they never shoot (unless they have to), they pass the pall to Duncan, 99% of the offensive games they do, they do around Duncan. I see Shaq as a perfect player in Miami, where there are no Kobe Bryant, but Eddie Jones (Shaq already dissed him when he was a Laker) who's a good defender and 3pt shooter, and Wade (who's fast and who got talent, but who's still in the position of his career where he'll make a step back to give Shaq the keys of the team, just to win something. Kobe isnt). Without Shaq, Lakers will run. And name me better runners than Payton, Kobe, George, Odom, Butler. And better passers than Divac and hopefully Malone (the 2 best assistmen in the league in their positions). And even Walton. Plus you forgot about Coach T. A wonderful coach who already won 2 Championships. Man Lakers are changing their style, but they still there. Remember Sacramento almost killed Lakers' dynasty with Divac center and without Shaq. Remember Detroit did it with Ben Wallace center. And, honestly, he aint that better than Divac and Brian Grant. I still think they can do damage in the West. Expecially with Malone. Let's sign him!!

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2004, 05:27:55 PM »
Well even though my team is the Orlando "Magic"(they prob ain't gonna do nadda this year anyways)

i'm going & rootin for either the "T-Wolves" or "Pacers".(Very Wild Card)the "Knicks"