Author Topic: CRACKER  (Read 106 times)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
CRACKER
« on: July 22, 2004, 07:33:14 PM »
i just found out the meanin of the word cracker like wen black folks call white pepel crackers. but if yall only new wat it really meant they woodnt say it. they call white folks crackers cuz bak in the slave days the "white man" wood CRACK the whip on them and dats where the word cracker came from

Trauma-san

Re: CRACKER
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:46:03 PM »
That's an urban legend, and Untrue. 

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 07:50:53 PM »
ok den y in the fuckin wolrld wood a white person wood be called a cracker i dont think we resemble a fuckin actual cracker wat i said makes alot of sence tho and no im not a fuckin raceist

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 07:54:24 PM »
ok den y in the fuckin wolrld wood a white person wood be called a cracker i dont think we resemble a fuckin actual cracker wat i said makes alot of sence tho and no im not a fuckin raceist

lol that's what i always thought sinc ecrackers were white.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 07:56:31 PM »
Calm down, Calm down.  I'll tell you.  Cracker now a days means basically a poor white person.  They don't call Bill Gates a cracker.  

there's an old english saying "To Crack" which means to brag.  Back in the day, in the 1500's, there were groups of outlaws (poor white people) roaming the southeastern united states, and they were rude, and bragged a lot, and were called "Crackers' by the more civilized english people... it's like calling someone a braggart.  It's just an old english term that stuck to the people of the south, long before there were even slaves here they called poor white people in the south Crackers.  It does'nt have anything to do with the food, or slave owners.  

Also, keep in mind, slave owners weren't poor white people.  They were rich white people... and we call poor white people crackers.