Author Topic: Muslim women dress  (Read 1736 times)

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
Re: Muslim women dress
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 12:39:44 AM »
If you want to make a point, chum, do it properly.

Pullin random quotes out of a 600 page book does no justice to your argument, assuming you have one.

It can make anything look bad.

The Quran, in the method in which it is presented has some sort of chronology to it. Certain chapters appear within a greater context or message (ie. war, peace, nation building, personal reponsibilities)

Im being easy on you now, because you are a Pac fan, so you get a pass. But dont come round herre pullin some dumb shit again, ya hear?

K, Im not saying Islam is an evil religion(even tho 50% support Bin Laden) but can you please explain to me those quotes above? Thanks!

First of all, 50% of Muslims do not support Bin Laden. 50% of A POLLED GROUP OF MUSLIMS IN 1 COUNTRY SUPPORT BIN LADEN. Get your facts straight. You've been sonned by me way too many times for you to pull some dumb shit like this, or try to at least.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 12:42:26 AM »

First of all, 50% of Muslims do not support Bin Laden. 50% of A POLLED GROUP OF MUSLIMS IN 1 COUNTRY SUPPORT BIN LADEN. Get your facts straight. You've been sonned by me way too many times for you to pull some dumb shit like this, or try to at least.

Ya i know,  CNN did a poll on Saudi Arabi, which i was refering too.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

Ya i know,  CNN did a poll on Saudi Arabi, which i was refering too.

You said 50% of MUSLIMS. Stop misinterpreting the facts because you can't hold up a decent argument against me. 50% of MUSLIMS would be about 500-600 million Muslims. The last time I checked the Muslim population in Saudi Arabia was a lot less than that. Now that I've sonned you for the 4573987527543289 time, please learn your place and shut up.
Picking up the ball from inside his own half, the pint-sized Argentine skipped past challenge after challenge. Always appearing to be on the point of tumbling, he was miraculously able to retain his balance before rounding Peter Shilton and slotting the ball home for a goal manufactured in heaven.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 12:51:01 AM »

You said 50% of MUSLIMS. Stop misinterpreting the facts because you can't hold up a decent argument against me. 50% of MUSLIMS would be about 500-600 million Muslims. The last time I checked the Muslim population in Saudi Arabia was a lot less than that. Now that I've sonned you for the 4573987527543289 time, please learn your place and shut up.

Yes, Master

Thirteen

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2004, 12:53:44 AM »

Yes, Master

lol you should hand over your ho card after that one

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2004, 01:03:21 AM »
Since I'm on a roll with this sonning, let me continue.... let's look at some quotes from the many different versions of the Bible...

"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her."
Exodus 21:7-8

"And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire."
Leviticus 21:9

"...and the birth of ANY daughter is a loss."
Ecclesiasticus 22:3

"Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a MALE child: then she shall be unclean SEVEN DAYS; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying THIRTY THREE days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. But if she bear a FEMALE child, then she shall be unclean TWO WEEKS, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying SIXTY SIX days.
Leviticus 12:2-5

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."
Deuteronomy 22:28-30

"And in case men struggle together (in a fight) with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the striking one (to save her husband), and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of his private (the other man's groin), she must then get both her hands cut off, and the eyes of the men must feel no sorrow."
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

"Of the woman came the beginning of sin, and through her we all die."
Ecclesiastes 25:22  

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2004, 01:06:23 AM »
ok and whats your point..I just showed Quotes from the Quran that showed that Islams religion promotes violence.

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2004, 01:13:10 AM »
ok and whats your point..I just showed Quotes from the Quran that showed that Islams religion promotes violence.

My point is that I can also take lines out of context from a book that has a far deeper meaning to it than that, and make it seem like Christianity promotes the oppression of women. However, I don't really believe that because me being the intelligent, open-minded person that I am, I know that neither Christianity nor Islam promotes anything close to violence or oppression. It just depends on what context you take these lines out of and how you interpret them.

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2004, 01:26:06 AM »
Since I'm on a roll with this sonning, let me continue.... let's look at some quotes from the many different versions of the Bible...

different versions?

they're from different chapters..

btw.. might be interesting to see which testament they're from.. as ones in the old will count for jews too

Maradona

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Goal of the Century
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2004, 01:36:08 AM »

different versions?

they're from different chapters..

btw.. might be interesting to see which testament they're from.. as ones in the old will count for jews too

Yeah, different versions; correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there different ones such as the NIV Bible that most Trinitarians hold as true?

Yes, some might count for Jews too; as a matter of fact, there are lines which explain similar things in the Talmud. However, that wasn't even my point. I don't believe Judaism, Christianity, or Islam promotes anything like this. I was just trying to show Machiavelli that taking lines out of context from a religious book such as this, written over a thousand years ago, can have a totally different meaning from what the text is actually trying to explain.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2004, 03:10:34 AM »

That's absolutely true. Why doesn't the U.S. take some action? Why don't we see this stuff on TV like we did with the Taliban?

Because Saudi Arabi gives us oil and supports us.

How come you admit that and at the same time you argue that the US went to Iraq because of the evil dictatorship of Saddam Hussein?

Pretty retarded isnt it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2004, 03:56:11 AM »
thats the reason i supported the war its all gone tits up now tho, everyone fighting for different things its just a viscious circle to be honest i don't know if democracy will work in iraq especially when it turns out that they democraticly elect a very anti western government.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

mauzip

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2004, 04:20:47 AM »
Pullin random quotes out of a 600 page book does no justice to your argument, assuming you have one.

I'm feeling you on that one. One can abuse words from the Quran or the Bible this way.

And that is exactly what I have against organized religion.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2004, 04:25:03 AM »

I'm feeling you on that one. One can abuse words from the Quran or the Bible this way.

And that is exactly what I have against organized religion.

Yes I used to know some outrageous Bible Quotes but I dont have a Bible anymore
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2004, 09:57:45 AM »
How come you admit that and at the same time you argue that the US went to Iraq because of the evil dictatorship of Saddam Hussein?

Pretty retarded isnt it.

Not really if you ask me. Im with the US, I dont give a fuck what Saudi Arabi does, if it gives us oil and suports us. We need it and so really its not our probelm  if they kill people or abuse people. But if they nationailez it, then there would be a problem...

Im like china(and thats why i respect that country),  im about out about making money,  and i don´t give a fuck about anything else really.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 10:00:19 AM by Machiavelli »