Author Topic: How Do I Establish Credit???  (Read 346 times)

ecrazy

How Do I Establish Credit???
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:21:57 AM »
Ok, so im going to skool full time, i have a somewhat/parttime/fulltime Job @ the local water park, makin 350 every 2 weeks, so far i made 900 sumthin dollars, and i want to get a credit card, but when they try to give me one, they say there is no credit history for me, and i try to have my parents co-sign with me on another card, and they say the same shit....but how am i supposed to establish credit, without credit to begin with.??? Is there any US banks that will give me credit, being a full time student and all, and NOT ASKING FOR CREDIT HISTORY!!!????.....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: How Do I Establish Credit???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 03:04:05 AM »
just go apply for a student card on visa.com or mastercard.com or put money in a bank and they'll eventually try to get you a credit card

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 07:17:25 AM »
I have a more sensible question for you, which you won't like, but I learned all this the hardway, so I now feel I need to try and stop others from making huge mistakes.

Why do you NEED a  credit card?  What good is credit? The SOLE purpose of credit, is to go into debt, and owe another man the money you work for each week.  You don't need it, man.  Don't buy anything on credit.  Save up your money, and pay cash.  When it's time to buy a house, they will give you a prime loan if you have been living somewhere for 2 years and haven't had a late payment.  You don't need a credit card, and you don't need a car loan.  This is just stuff that the american way of life TELLS you you need.  If you do get a credit card, be prepared to hand over significant parts of your check each month to a bank.  You'll be working for the man... you don't want to handcuff yourself like that.  Your greatest WEALTH building resource, is of course your income! If you owe someone money, your income is crippled, and you will never have wealth. 

Peace~

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 08:04:30 AM »
^^^^ not necesarily. Trust me you should always have credit.

You should definetly get a student visa, BUT i hope for your sake you can control yourself. Like trauma said that is a very easy way to go into debt. Credit cards and loans, ruins peoples lives with major debt. Just as long as you can control your spending, and making sure whatever you buy with the card you can pay off at the end of the month.

In no time your have credit.    8)

This is what happens when you go into debt...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5510458356&rd=1
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 08:10:49 AM by rampant »

Throwback

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 08:31:29 AM »
This is what happens when you go into debt...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1467&item=5510458356&rd=1

man this guy is fucked. nice car tho

Thirteen

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 09:03:48 AM »
pretty much anything you make payments on builds credit if you make your payments on time...cell phone bill, loans, car payments.....

it's just that loans and credit cards (pretty much when you're borrowing money) builds credit faster

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 10:11:11 AM »
get a gas card

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 12:19:14 PM »
I stay away from credit cards because I honestly don't think I can handle it. I stick to my bank account/ATM.

Just get an account at a bank and they'll do it. They always ask me if I want a card at my bank.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bez

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 12:40:14 PM »
Yer man, my bro's kinda fallen into the credit card trap thingy.  Everypay check he gets is having to go on paying back the money he's borrowed.  He's got loads of credit cards and thinks he knows what he's doin but really he don't.

I wouldnt bother with credit cards, just get your money, put it in the bank and take it out as and when you need it.

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 01:17:55 PM »
we've been through this before in TOT a few times.. i know me and trauma pretty much have the same line.

credit is useful.. its nice to know if i get really stuck somewhere i could say..pull my card out and get a room, or a ride home.. or whatever..

outside that... people who rely on credit have less money for many reasons..

the thing aboout people using credit badly is that they relyi on it because they dont have the money (fair enough sometimes)

BUT

they also end up paying more for the same things.. which means their situation is compounded..

this second one is the one what trauma is talking about

i use my credit card to buy stuff BUT i treat it like a debit card, i pay it off in full every time and never actually use the 'credit'..

but you know whats stupid?

my credit rating isnt great, because i'm not in debt, and i havent got "1000s" borrowed under my name.

the way things are set up is that if you have "1000s" borrowed under you name, your rating is better.. and will keep being better the more likely you are to run into debt.. ooops... i mean the more you borrow ;) get the trap?

you cant have an amazing rating without borrowing lots of money.

but...

you cant have a bad rating without borrowing money and screwing up.

the system is geared towards sucking you dry...

borrow as little as you can.. because you basically end up paying more for the same things in the end.

i know of a couple people in serious serious debt.. they're fucked.. and have run up many times their annual salary.. i'd freak if i owed what they owe.

up to a point they'll just keep throwing money at you.

Throwback

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 02:14:17 PM »
im buying all this stuff on ebay with my dads creditcard, but i havent told him yet.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 02:23:42 PM »
lol at that guy on ebay... i dont think its worth 40 k tho... and about the credit card, depends on you, i do alreight with my bank debit/credit car... i thought my limit is the amt of money i have in the account, but ive went into negatives plenty of times....

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 03:09:20 PM »
get a credit card and go charge up a bill...seriously...thats what i did when i was first in college and my credit score is 800+...i can pretty much get a loan for anything...though once companies know that you get hounded with offers(though its cool having lexus financial hounding me to come buy a new car of them)...you just need to be intelligent about it and know your limit in what you can afford to pay back each month and not to rack up too much that all you're doing is paying back interest and not prinicipal 8)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 08:49:16 PM »
exactly if you control it alot of good things and opportunities can come about. Ask my parents they have shitty credit. My parents are middle class but were NEVER able to get a house because there credit sucks. So we grew up in a trailor.

ecrazy

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 02:40:54 AM »
Only Reason I Want A Credit Card Is So I could Get A NEW Cell Phone (Go Phone sucks ass now), And for Emergency Reasons, (A Prime One Is Running Out Of Gas Last Weekend In Colton & Having to have my sister drive 15 or so miles just to give me some money for gas, for if i had a credit card, i would have not have that problem)........I Have A ATM Card and opened a checking account, have had this for about a year and a half and the bank hasnt offered me shit, never bounced a check or anything, always had plenty of money in my accounts as well. I Handle My Money Really Well, & I Know i would always make payments, cuz i keep a strict budget on the money i spend & Save anyway,

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!!!