MANBEARPIG.

Re: WWE
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 02:10:44 PM »
WWE is shit now

-KIDRENEGADE-

bez

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 02:23:53 PM »
No wrestling can still be good in parts but the problem is with it now is that there are no dark and mysterious storylines.  I personally think wrestling is better when the characters are actually characters.  Like you look at people like the Hurricane, Cena, Kane, they are all characters but then you got the peeps like Angle, Benoit, Bradshaw who ain't really amazing characters, but can still wrestle and do a good job.

There's no fun anymore.  Although I did watch the big battle royal thing the other nite and I was like dammmmm this is dope.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 02:30:42 PM »
No wrestling can still be good in parts but the problem is with it now is that there are no dark and mysterious storylines.  I personally think wrestling is better when the characters are actually characters.  Like you look at people like the Hurricane, Cena, Kane, they are all characters but then you got the peeps like Angle, Benoit, Bradshaw who ain't really amazing characters, but can still wrestle and do a good job.

There's no fun anymore.  Although I did watch the big battle royal thing the other nite and I was like dammmmm this is dope.

like i said...wrestling is shit now.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 10:14:02 AM »
Wrestling is for losers who actually think that kind of entertainment is, well, entertaining.

Yeah, wrestling WAS fun...when I was like 8 years old.  It actually amuses me to think people still get a kick out of it.

at least wrestling is a tad bit more manly than watching cartoons and reading about goblins and elfs in the forrests of Shumucka ramala ding dong...take a step back here and you'll relize who all is mature here

Ok, whos first?

Smile...cartoon character?  If by cartoon character you mean the animated characters on childrens tv shows, then no, the characters in my signature are not cartoons.  The characters in my signature come from FANTASY novels by R.A. Salvatore, who is a critically acclaimed New York Times bestseller, who's books have sold millions and millions of copies.  You see the difference here, is that my novels KNOW they are fantasy, whereas your "wrestling" tries to come off as being real.  I agree with you on many political aspects, Smile, but you can go fuck yourself on this topic.

Jake La Motta.  Yes, I have to agree that half-naked men covered in oil, grappling each other and fighting in a totally false way is very "manly".  Oh, and wrestling is more mature than fantasy novels, eh?  Pretending to hit others with chairs, driving people through tables,  cutting oneself to give the impression of a really hard hit, and giving special "finishing moves" is mature?  Wow...you got me on that one!!  ::)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 10:16:22 AM by Artemis Entreri »

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 08:14:34 PM »
To be honest, I'd rather watch people pretend to wrestle than reading fantasy novels, but that's just my personal preference.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

DAYUM

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 08:16:05 PM »
To be honest, I'd rather watch people pretend to wrestle than reading fantasy novels, but that's just my personal preference.

you would aslo rent a zelda movie instead of watching it on the big screen  >:(

you eviil evil man.... ;D

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 09:04:07 PM »

Thats because reading either doesn't appeal to people, or they're too dumb to read.  People are lazy, and want the pages turned for them (on tv or movies).  Honestly...if there was a movie and a book about the same exact thing, the majority of people would see the movie.

davida.b.

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 09:07:56 PM »

Thats because reading either doesn't appeal to people, or they're too dumb to read.  People are lazy, and want the pages turned for them (on tv or movies).  Honestly...if there was a movie and a book about the same exact thing, the majority of people would see the movie.

Yeah, thats true, I'd probably go see the movie instead. I'm not really into reading books. Its not my thing.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 09:53:38 PM »
Haven't watched it since Eddie lost the title, and aside from Eddie, wrestling is that great anymore. I am a hardcore fan, but when WWE sucked I watched the nWo... I mean WCW...  ;D Now I watch Smackdown, Raw isn't that great to me, but Smackdown is lacking right now, so I don't watch it unless Eddie is champ, and I'll watch Raw once in a while. But Eddie ain't champ...  :'(