Author Topic: Why would anyone really think God exists? ... or even believe in Religion?  (Read 2076 times)

Trauma-san

because I think it was well written, and applies to the comments written after I wrote it.  Peace~

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
religion does not promise a better life.  It says if you live a good life an follow your goin to heaven.  But it dont say that if you follow the religion your life will be better on earth.

mine does and so does a lot of others
my mom always quote this bible quote that says "he who delights himself in the lord will be blessed with the desires of your heart" or something like that

also, to the darweenies, i don't just believe in god just because of the begining of the earth theory i (we) have, there's a lot of things that's happened in my life where you go hey that's got to be god. In my opinion god is like love...if you havn't felt it , it's no wonder you won't believe in it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

all you believers, tell me. I dont get it.

I of course know why religion and stuff exists and why some ppl believe in it, but I want to hear your version.

I opened this topic in order to stop the offtopic-ness in several other topics in which we went off-topic starting to debate this ^topic.

From what I've read of you, you sound like an atheist, you don't want any b.s., you just want what's real.

I used to be an atheist.  My family is all Christian, but it all sounded fake and made up, and unrealistic, so at age 12 I became an atheist.  Then, 6 years later at age 18, I converted to Islam.  Why the change?   Let me explain how it happened.

My girlfriend moved away when I was 14 years old.  She was the only girl I'd ever loved.  She was my whole life.  I was heartbroken, sad, and depressed.  I still remember the day after she left, when an overwhelming pain took over my chest and stomach, I thought it was temporary but it never went away.  I had to struggle to get over the pain of her being gone, so I began to search long and hard for knoweldge on self-improvement and discipline.  After 4 years of unsuccesful experimenting and trial and error, I finally came across The Holy Qu'ran.  I had no plans of being a Muslim, or anything of the sort.  I just went and quickly scribbled down a verse of the Qu'ran to see if it would help keep me focused at work, give me something else to think about besides my boring, monotonous work.  The verse went like this...

"How can ye reject
The faith in Allah?--Seeing that ye were without life,
And he gave you life;
Then will He cause you to die,
And will again bring you to life;
And again to Him will ye return."

Next thing I knew, that same night, I decided to submit to the will of the Creator (Allah) and become Muslim.

I was the most undisciplined and disbelieving person you would have ever met.  Yet, as the months began to pass by, and as my five daily prayers began to sink deep into my consciousness, and as the fasting, the reading, the worshipping, the giving, the sacrificing, the practice of Islam began to take hold in my life, I found myself irrevocably changed and liberated from whatever demons had been suppressing my inner spirit for so many years.  Your really biulding yourself with Islam.  Every year you advance much further ahead.  You advance in stages and achieve things far beyond your imagination.  You treat yourself and other people differently, and your whole daily life is put into perfect order.

Now, why was I able to accept the Qu'ran, back when I was an atheist?  Read it and you will quickly find out.  It is not some religion people believe in blindly.  Faith in Islam, comes through knowledge and conviction.  The Qu'ran is a very critical and questioning book itself.  The Noble Qu'ran doesn't teach belief in any men as being supernatural, it only teaches us how to worship and pray to the Creator (Allah), and live in accordance to his will. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 06:41:24 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

infinite59

To me, being Atheist is the same as being Religious.  Both spend time thinking and acting about god(s); whether positively or negatively.  It's all the same to me. 

Good point.  There was one guy who requested to be burried in Harley Davidson logo's!  That's how his body is going to lay for eternity!  People set up money, women, and other hobbies, as God's.  They live for them, and that is their religion.  Your "religion" is your "way of life".  Money could be someone's religion.  If your life revolves around money, if you love money, if you live for money, if you would do anything to aquire an excess amount of it, then "money" is your "religion".
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 07:01:46 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Doesnt Islam beileve in Jesus?

mauzip

Hi Ibrahim I Love Allah And Myself and Adon, I have a comment:

An athiest is someone who doesn't believe in God or any other higher being that has control over us or whatsoever. You know what I mean by that. Why is an athiest being religious? I know lots of athiests. They just don't believe. How is that religious? I'm sure every athiest thinks about religion from time to time and has an opinion about it, but whether an athiest thinks about it or not, that person is not religious because he thinks it's bullshit.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Once again, I say stop concerning yourselves with how everything began, and just concern yourselves with whats going on now.

It would make things easier, but that's what human beings do best, investigate because we're curious.

At least one person aknowledged what I said.

Montana00

I am kind of mixed on the subject. I was born into a really christian family, so i was born into christianity. I followed it for some time but then my thought process sort of changed. i guess to me it just doesnt seem realistic. That God created the universe. I guess in my mind, i just cant fathm the thought of someone creating a world, because it just puts more questions into my mind, which i could never answer.

Where did God come from? There has to be a beginning to everything. Its hurts my mind to try and think of these sorts of things, because i could never prove them. Then on the other hand like other people mentioned "something happened in my life and i knew it had to be God" i also understand that because i have had some really horrible things happen in my life.

Thats why im mixed on this subject, i dont know what to believe anymore.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i like being athiast. i just cant belive in a god, its not for me, its too fairy tale, plus i like science, i like theorys, and evolution and big bang, make more sense to me than a mystical magical all powerfull guy who created US  and then put his son on the earth..... blah blah blah, to me, its just rediculous,

it seems like religion is outdated, when it was created it was something magical, and was easy to learn, and it gave you hope, now people just follow it, casue of tradition and because they cant handle dieng and not going to heaven, (dont get me started on heaven and hell)..........

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for your elaborate and real reply Infinite. But, if I may be honest with you, to me you are the type of dude that fits the sentence "Religion - Opium for the People". Religion made your life better, that's why you respect and practice it. Im not denying that that is a wonderful thing, but it's nothing that proves that God/Allah/Buddha exists.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good story infinite, but... i still dont know how u went from an athiast, to a muslim in just that night. truthfully, u sound just like me, im 18, ive got my own problems (DUI, under age drinkin, parents, etc) but for me to pick up a quaran and sudenly believe, and go crazy over it, fuck that, id piss on a quaran before i waste my time readinging (no offence, thats just my all honest opinion)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck that, id piss on a quaran before i waste my time readinging (no offence, thats just my all honest opinion)

Sikotic, anyone?

lol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
fuck that, id piss on a quaran before i waste my time readinging (no offence, thats just my all honest opinion)

Sikotic, anyone?

lol.
lol, thats exactly what i was thinking when i typed that

Sikotic™

Sikotic, anyone?

lol.

lmao. Went right over my head probably because I'm not Muslim and it wasn't directed towards me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i like being athiast. i just cant belive in a god, its not for me, its too fairy tale, plus i like science, i like theorys, and evolution and big bang, make more sense to me than a mystical magical all powerfull guy who created US  and then put his son on the earth..... blah blah blah, to me, its just rediculous,

How did the big bang get their?