Author Topic: How Do I Establish Credit???  (Read 318 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: How Do I Establish Credit???
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 02:43:53 AM »
the only time i use my card is when i see something on the internet that i like or if i have NO money at all.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 05:31:42 AM »
I'll say it again:

The ONLY thing a credit card is good for, is borrowing money. 

Black & White, cut and dry.  All of the other convienances of a Credit Card, you can do the same thing with a Debit card and money you actually have in the bank.

Why do you want a good credit rating? The only thing a good credit rating is good for, is borrowing a shit load of money. 

Black & White, cut and dry. 

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 05:53:05 AM »
^ yeah like someone above said.. until you wanna buy a house...

thinking back.... at first i had problems getting a credit card from my bank.. so i went and got one from somewhere else.. :)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 07:44:45 AM »
Buying a car, Buying a house are extremely important for credit rating unless you are rich and car buy outright. build a good credit rating and you can get whatever the fuck you want thats the straight up truth.

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

^^^^Guy from the Auction^^^^
looks like he maxed out his credit card perming his hair.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 10:05:17 PM »
^ yeah like someone above said.. until you wanna buy a house...

That's not true in America, it's just a myth.  Like I said above, you can get a prime rate loan, if you've been living somewhere 2 years and havent' made a late payment.  Simple as that, no credit involved. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 10:08:42 PM »
Buying a car, Buying a house are extremely important for credit rating unless you are rich and car buy outright. build a good credit rating and you can get whatever the fuck you want thats the straight up truth.

O.K., explain that one to me, I'm lost on the concept.  If I want to get 'whatever the fuck you want', I need money.  Why not just save the money up, and buy it outright?  If you have credit, you dont' have 'whatever the fuck you want', the BANK has 'whatever the fuck you want', and you're paying them the money you work for every week.  It's genius. 

They give you a credit card, and charge you whatever as an interest rate... and then make it so easy for you to borrow money, that you're always indebted to them, and you have to pay them fees, each and every month on it.  Wherelse could a bank get a 24.99 percent return on their money, if you're late with 1 payment? 

Banks make 800 Billion dollars a year in interest on credit cards... and make 300 Billion dollars a year in fees associated with credit cards.  Think about that shit.  They make nearly as much on late fees and overdraft fees as they do on the interest itself.  It's like legal racketeering or something... whoever thought up the first credit card was a genius. 

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 12:29:05 AM »
they're making it even easier soon...

no having to use signatures?

switching  to "chip + pin"....

those cards with the lil copper pads.. you stick in the the reader at a store, type your pin number and you're done!

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 10:19:52 PM »
I'm telling you man, it's a racket.  Tony Soprano was even going on about it one time, about how his father got the idea to juice people like the credit card companies do, lol. 

Just remember: If you play with a snake, you get bit. 

Everybody on this thread KNOWS for a fact, without a doubt, that these fuckin' cc companies are evil as fuck.  why play with them?  Leave the snakes alone and mind your own money, you'll be better off. 

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 03:48:26 PM »
I use my credit card for every purchase I possibly can.  I don't see why you WOULDN'T (if you have discipline).
I use my bank card and pay transaction fees, so I lose money.  I use my credit card and get Air Miles (free stuff), have my money sit in my bank account for an extra 3-7 weeks and build my credit which is important cause I'm not going to have that $300000 or so in cash to purchase a house.

If you make your payment in full every month you experience nothing but benefits from a credit card.  You just have to be good with money and have discipline.

BTW, my first credit card was a student one thru the my bank (which is easy to get) and once I had that one they came rolling in.  I have no problem getting credit now.  I have over ten credit cards.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Woodrow

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2004, 03:51:59 PM »
I'm telling you man, it's a racket.  Tony Soprano was even going on about it one time, about how his father got the idea to juice people like the credit card companies do, lol. 

Just remember: If you play with a snake, you get bit. 

Everybody on this thread KNOWS for a fact, without a doubt, that these fuckin' cc companies are evil as fuck.  why play with them?  Leave the snakes alone and mind your own money, you'll be better off. 
I've played with the snake. I haven't been "bitten" and I won't get bitten. Like everything else in this world, It's about personal responsibility.