Author Topic: 911 Is A Joke  (Read 180 times)

mrtonguetwista

911 Is A Joke
« on: August 05, 2004, 03:38:55 PM »
GLEN BURNIE, Md. -- A Maryland 911 dispatcher is under investigation after falling asleep while taking an emergency call.

On the 911 tape, the operator can be heard snoring loudly while the caller tries to get his attention.

Patricia Berg said she awoke after hearing a sound in her home and called 911 at 2:40 a.m. last Thursday.

The grandmother from Glen Burnie, Md., told the operator what happened, and then the line went quiet, she said.

At first, Berg said she though he might have been typing notes. Then she heard the snoring.

"And then the snores started getting louder, and I was sitting there going, 'This can't be happening to me.'"

The operator snored for almost two minutes before Berg got his attention.

"Hello?" Berg can be heard saying. "Yes?" the operator responds.

And then the operator couldn't remember who she was. "What's the problem?" he says.

"I already told you," Berg says on the tape. "You don't remember me letting you know what was wrong.?"

Authorities say they are embarrassed by the incident. They say the operator who fell asleep has been a county dispatcher since 1993 with no problems. They say they are still trying to decide if he should be suspended or fired.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: 911 Is A Joke
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 03:46:50 PM »
he should get the death penalty

bez

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:06:18 PM »
they shouldnt be sacked, we are all only human.

I suppose this should cause for a change in the system tho really.  If a dispatchers voice isn't heard for like 15 seconds after taking a call the call should automatically be changed to another dispatcher.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 04:20:41 PM »
First of all the women is a dumbass. If hes not responding,  hang up, and call 911 again and you will get another dispatcher.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 05:35:46 PM by Machiavelli »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:26:11 PM »
First of all the women is a dumbass. If hes not responding, call 911 again and you will get another dispatcher.
lol

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:29:03 PM »
I know we all make mistakes, but thus shit is enexcusable. She needs to be severly peunished for this.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:02:33 PM »
First of all the women is a dumbass. If hes not responding,  hang up, and call 911 again and you will get another dispatcher.

I thought the same thing.  911 answers the phone in like 3 seconds.  If you don't hear something in 15 seconds, hang up, call back, you'll have another voice in 5 seconds tops. 

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 06:08:36 PM »
they shood have computer operated dispatchers den this problem wont happen

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 07:29:07 PM »

no you dont need that..That would just waste my tax money.

It was the womans fault. She kept waiting for an answer even tho he was snoring. What did she think would happen? 

Women
"Oh,  I guess im just gunna wait intil he wakes up and stops snoring because im fucking ignorant ::)"

Dispatcher
"Is this woman a dumbass?" I mean, im sleeping and snoring and shes just waiting, how about she hangs u the phone and dial 9-1-1 again? Stupid hoe"

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2004, 02:47:25 AM »

no you dont need that..That would just waste my tax money.

It was the womans fault. She kept waiting for an answer even tho he was snoring. What did she think would happen? 

Women
"Oh,  I guess im just gunna wait intil he wakes up and stops snoring because im fucking ignorant ::)"

Dispatcher
"Is this woman a dumbass?" I mean, im sleeping and snoring and shes just waiting, how about she hangs u the phone and dial 9-1-1 again? Stupid hoe"

yup some ppl r just dumb :-\