Author Topic: horror movie sequels  (Read 1119 times)

Thirteen

Re: horror movie sequels
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2004, 02:57:49 PM »
look aliens up at any of the places i've listed

it's all in the sci fi area...i don't give a shit what a reviewer says it is...cause i'll go to amazon.com right now, review the movie, give it 0 stars and say it's a musical/animated comedy

son that little bitch

Rain

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2004, 05:21:49 PM »
the director of showgirls said that movie was one of his best works and that it was a great movie.... i guess everyone else is wrong in saying it sucks

so far you're not winning any of these arguements arguments...you should give up

I take filming classes, and anyone who knows anything about the horror genre, knows that, "Alien", is a horror flick with the Alien playing a slasher...I've studied horror, and know the genre like the back of my hand...You're just a moron who doesn't know shit about movies, and thinks just because a movie has aliens in it, it must be only Sci-Fi..."The Fly" is another example of Horror/Sci-Fi...Oh,! but wait,! maybe Maybe that isn't horror either. Maybe since "South Park" is animation, it can't be comedy...You, my friend, are a moron...You think you know more about a movie than the creators; it just shows what an egotistical idiot you are... And I bet you know it's a horror. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing, which is pretty sad.

If you'd like to be funny, you should take more English classes.

Since you have your PhD in film studies, maybe you should go to all the chains nation wide that sell DVD's and tell them that their filing system is wrong.
Explain to them that since the Aliens have sharp claws, and that it takes place in a inadequately lit space, and that these reasons alone make the movie a horror movie. Tell them to forget about the spaceship/planets the movies take place on, to forget about the movies taking place in the future, that the movie involves Aliens, high tech. weaponry along with high tech. gadgetry and lets not forget the androids.

I'm sure they will see things your way, you film expert you.

no one has ever said you can't call Alien a sci-fi. the whole argument has been that it is valid to call it horror as well.

and retail/rental places arent the authority on genre. most dont even have a film-noir section and yet it is the most fundamental cinematic genre, how do you explain that?
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

platinumk777

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2004, 05:35:54 PM »
I agree with NIK... I had the same freakin argument with my friend about The Sixth Sense. Now, my friends insist that sixth sense is solely classified as thriller, and I said that's bullshit. Sixth Sense is horror/thriller, because after all, ghosts are classified as an element of horror

Same with Alien... granted, it is sci-fi, but when the movie creates fear due to something unexplained (supernatural, etc.), such as the aliens all of a sudden killing the humans, that creates what we call nowadays as horror. So at the end, this movie is sci-fi/horror, and if you must speak otherwise, do so to a fucking wall

Thirteen

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2004, 09:03:11 PM »
TV Guide, one of the most subscribed to magazines in the country classifies alians as sci fi, along with the digital cable company that i subscribe to...

sorry, you bitches lose

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2004, 12:21:05 AM »
Jesus Christ, does anything get through your fucking thick skull? Nobody is denying it to be a Sci-Fi...But it is Horror as well...That makes it Horror/Sci-Fi...Are you that stupid? Is "Star Wars" and "Alien" the same type of movie? God fucking damn, I never knew someone could be so stubborn and dumb at the same time.

And what was that about English classes? I was the one who corrected YOUR spelling. Your corrections were bullshit. The only error I made was the comma after genre, which was simply a typo...Now son my fucking nuts in your mouth, moron.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2004, 01:51:11 AM »
TV Guide, one of the most subscribed to magazines in the country classifies alians as sci fi, along with the digital cable company that i subscribe to...

sorry, you bitches lose

having read all the posts u made in this thread, ive come to the conclusion, that like NIK said, u are a fucking moron...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Thirteen

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2004, 05:03:29 AM »
nik you had more mistakes than that, incorrect punctuation, not capitilizing the first letter in sentences. if you didn't notice that, you really are dumb

and i'm not arguing that it isn't more than one thing. what i'm saying is that it's mostly sci fi, and 9 out of 10 times you'll find it in sci fi

i might be a moron, but in this case i'm a correct moron and you are all bitches

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2004, 01:45:55 PM »
nik you had more mistakes than that, incorrect punctuation, not capitilizing the first letter in sentences. if you didn't notice that, you really are dumb

and i'm not arguing that it isn't more than one thing. what i'm saying is that it's mostly sci fi, and 9 out of 10 times you'll find it in sci fi

i might be a moron, but in this case i'm a correct moron and you are all bitches

When did I not capititlize the first letter in a sentence? Stop making up shit to look cooler.

As for saying it's mostly Sci-Fi; it could be...But you started by saying there's no way it could be Horror, so you lose... :D

Thirteen

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2004, 02:32:53 PM »

When did I not capititlize the first letter in a sentence? Stop making up shit to look cooler.

As for saying it's mostly Sci-Fi; it could be...But you started by saying there's no way it could be Horror, so you lose... :D

in your response you wrote "Oh, but wait, maybe that isn't horror either" which is two seperate sentences and should look more like "Oh, but wait! Maybe that isn't horror either"

and as for me saying it's mostly sci fi...it is, so far for every reason you gave for it being horror, i'v given 2 for being sci fi

and lastly, i never said it didn't have horror elements, i said that it wasn't on a horror website because it's a sci fi movie, i even agreed that rush hour is comedy/action....but you'll find it in comedy

so you're a dumb little bitch here and you lose again  ;D

« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 03:11:59 PM by Terrance »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2004, 09:03:35 PM »

in your response you wrote "Oh, but wait, maybe that isn't horror either" which is two separate sentences and should look more like "Oh, but wait! Maybe that isn't horror either"

and as for me saying it's mostly sci fi...it is, so far for every reason you gave for it being horror, i'v given 2 for being sci fi

and lastly, i never said it didn't have horror elements, i said that it wasn't on a horror website because it's a sci fi movie, i even agreed that rush hour is comedy/action....but you'll find it in comedy

so you're a dumb little bitch here and you lose again  ;D

You know you're sad when your corrections are incorrect...By the way, "Alien vs Predator" is ALL OVER Horror websites. It's just that the stupid site you got it from would rather list "Hellboy" as a Horror than "Alien"...Check www.bloody-disgusting.com...That's a Horror website, and they're flooded with news about "Alien vs Predator"..."Alien" has more blood and gore than "Halloween", if that's any indication..."Alien" is just as much Horror as it is Sci-Fi...Maybe not the sequels, but the originals are...Moron.

Thirteen

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2004, 12:12:34 AM »
south park bigger longer and uncut has more blood than most horror movies so by your reasoning i should see it on the website....once again give up on the argument little bitch

and my puncuation was correct, you might not have been taught that in the slow classes though

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2004, 12:47:30 AM »
and my puncuation was correct, you might not have been taught that in the slow classes though

That whole "sentence" is astonishing...

Thirteen

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2004, 09:25:48 PM »
i already schooled you in the little english lesson since you wanted to be a smart girl, i have no need to use proper grammer any further... i spelled one thing wrong and you made a dozen errors in a paragraph...better luck next time little bitch