Author Topic: How can anyone accept the US Patriot Act?  (Read 1234 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How can anyone accept the US Patriot Act?
« on: August 08, 2004, 05:11:58 PM »
it's unbelieveable that ppl accept this. what the hell is going on with you guys? I'd never accept that in my country. the land of the free, america. free patriots in the patriot act.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

Re: How can anyone accept the US Patriot Act?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:53:32 PM »
Who says we accept it?

Jome

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »
In detail, what does the partiot act say.. ??

Montana00

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 07:02:50 PM »
It basically gives the american government freedom to do what they want.

The Bush Administration's Patriot Act  threatens our constitutional rights and civil liberties. Passed by a post 9/11 Congress, the Patriot act expands the ability of law enforcement to conduct secret searches, and engage various forms of surveillance, including internet monitoring and wiretapping. It gives the FBI access to American citizens' highly personal medical, financial, mental health, and student records without notification or permission, and allows them to investigate individuals without probable cause of a crime. Finally, it permits non-citizens to be jailed based on mere suspicion and held indefinitely in six month increments without meaningful judicial review.

http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=12126&c=207

found that site, but dont know if its any help. i havent looked at it yet.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 07:06:09 PM by rampant »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 07:40:20 PM »
I accept the Patriot act as well as Racial Profiling.

If I see a guy wearing a turban going through security in an airport i would stop him and interagate him. I dont give a fuck.

I know that sounds fucked up, but we gotta make sure theres no wacko doing Terrorist shit in the US.

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 08:26:50 PM »

Well you're a dumbass, therefore your opinion doesn't count.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 10:09:20 PM »

Well you're a dumbass, therefore your opinion doesn't count.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 10:43:14 PM »
it hasn't effected me once so i guess i have no choice or reason to reject it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 02:57:29 AM »
7even ... why do u obsess with what's happening in the US so much?and i'm not talking about there foreign policys but about stuff that doesn't really affect u like the patriot act. just a question

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 05:32:29 AM »
7even ... why do u obsess with what's happening in the US so much?and i'm not talking about there foreign policys but about stuff that doesn't really affect u like the patriot act. just a question
Finally, it permits non-citizens to be jailed based on mere suspicion and held indefinitely in six month increments without meaningful judicial review.
^^^ Me

Im very happy it doesnt affect me (yet) Im telling.. but it could set trends.. that's what I also fear. Besides, until yesterday I didnt know much about the Patriot Act, but then, I saw this Alex Wilson or whatever he's called movie, and it also dealt with the Patriot Act. Shit's sick as hell.

Give up your rights, your privacy, your freedom. For what? Safety? Aww come on, you cant be that naive.

I personally have a real problem with ppl I hate knowing what I baught at Wal Mart, what I rent in the library and also giving ppl I hate the right to come to my house, search for stuff and forbidding me to tell anyone. Shit's sick as hell. What's even crazier is the congress being forced to sign it.

Fear of terror rules your country people.. wake up.

p.s.: it can also kill the freedom of the press, cause whenever someone found out some shit that is exposing bush of something, they have the right to come to his house, take his stuff and he isnt even allowed to make it public. think about that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 05:36:17 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 06:20:59 AM »
There is nothing unconstitutional about the Patriot Act. The people who complain about it know nothing about it. It is mearly a law that gives law enforcenment the tools it needs to protect us.

Would you prefer the way it was before, where Middle Easterners with radical Islamic beliefs were in our country learning how to fly (but not land) and no one said a thing?

Wiretapping, surveillance, searches....those are things all governments do to protect its citizens. If you object to that then you are basically giving your endorsement to terror.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 06:39:01 AM »
As I hit my dodo stick to the break of dawn....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 06:52:07 AM »
First of all, the patriot is unconstitutional, all you have to do is read the constitution. It states that "Law enforcment need warrants (with reasonable evidence to get the warrants) to search a house, tap a phone, etc. With the patriot act you dont need a warrant. If thats not a contradiction i dont know what is.

Second, machiavelli your a moron

I gurantee you the only reason it passed in congress, is because the bush administration submitted this bill during the time of 9/11. Everyone was afraid that this is going to happen again real soon, so congress passed the law. If you watch farenheit 911 congressman openly said that they did not even read this bill. He said that it was drafted at night and presented in the morning and was passed that day, but now after its all been said and done people are starting to question the bill. But to be honest most americans dont even know what it is.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 08:42:38 AM »
If I see a guy wearing a turban going through security in an airport i would stop him and interagate him. I dont give a fuck.
I know that sounds fucked up, but we gotta make sure theres no wacko doing Terrorist shit in the US.

Name one example of Sikh terrorism towards the West.

And don't dodge the question, or start crying for sympathy because your 8 years old, if you write shit in this forum you dto be held accountable to it.

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 08:47:02 AM »
I really don't see what the problem here is exactly. This is like making a problem of cameras in the mall -> lame, stupid, dumb

Lastly, I'd like to say Machiavelli is a moron and he's a disgrace of the real Machiavelli.