Author Topic: Phone Number In Alicia Keys Song Is Bothersome For One  (Read 205 times)

mrtonguetwista

Phone Number In Alicia Keys Song Is Bothersome For One
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:10:05 PM »
STATESBORO, Ga. -- It seems to happen every time that there's a phone number on a song, television show or movie: People with keen eyes and a lot of time on their hands start dialing -- and so does the trouble for the poor soul on the other side of the number.

The latest incident involves fans of Alicia Keys -- who have been calling the number featured in her song "Diary." She gives out the number 489-4608 -- which used to be her own number when she lived in New York.

If you call that number with a 347 area code, you can get a recorded message. But J.D. Turner of Statesboro, Ga., has that same number in the 912 area code.

And, he said, he gets up to two dozen calls a day -- asking to speak to Alicia Keys. Turner has since put caller ID on his system but is still getting calls.

Turner said changing his phone number is not an option for him -- since he's had it for the past 14 years.

Or, he can wait for the song to get played out, which could take awhile -- seeing that it's No. 3 on the r &b/hip-hop singles chart.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Re: Phone Number In Alicia Keys Song Is Bothersome For One
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 09:12:23 PM »
That sucks for him...

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 09:13:48 PM »
He can't be getting as many calls as the guy who had the phone number 867-5309

pappy

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 09:20:16 PM »
STATESBORO, Ga. -- It seems to happen every time that there's a phone number on a song, television show or movie: People with keen eyes and a lot of time on their hands start dialing -- and so does the trouble for the poor soul on the other side of the number.

The latest incident involves fans of Alicia Keys -- who have been calling the number featured in her song "Diary." She gives out the number 489-4608 -- which used to be her own number when she lived in New York.

If you call that number with a 347 area code, you can get a recorded message. But J.D. Turner of Statesboro, Ga., has that same number in the 912 area code.

And, he said, he gets up to two dozen calls a day -- asking to speak to Alicia Keys. Turner has since put caller ID on his system but is still getting calls.

Turner said changing his phone number is not an option for him -- since he's had it for the past 14 years.

Or, he can wait for the song to get played out, which could take awhile -- seeing that it's No. 3 on the r &b/hip-hop singles chart.
im goin call that number now lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 09:24:10 PM »
He can't be getting as many calls as the guy who had the phone number 867-5309

I severely hope no one actually had that number. They must've went through hell in the 80s.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 10:09:41 PM »
lol what is that number.

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 10:36:19 PM »
they called that number on the Radio here this morning.  Sucks for that guy.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 11:29:01 PM »
I would sure her if it was my number
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 11:43:33 PM »
Lol, i once called 310-629-9755
From The Song "Put it on me" with Dre & Quik
I got the "Number Is Unavalible" message