Author Topic: No excuses: that's why USA bball team aint SHIT!  (Read 644 times)

-KuNiVaA-

• Lil Geezy
  • Belizean Pride!
Re: No excuses: that's why USA bball team aint SHIT!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 11:55:40 PM »
Its funny that people pray for U.S.A's downfall.. a team thats comprised of rookies and people who have never been to the Olympics besides Tim Duncan..  The team of '92 had icons and greats, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkeley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson... so these two teams are basically incomparable.  This is a good team as long as they stick together and play great defense in which they have shown great spurts.  In any kind of sport, any team can be beaten on any given nite, for instance Angola almost beat Puerto Rico who beat USA and Angola hasnt won a game... Honestly if the USA sent Shaquille Oneal, Jermaine Oneal, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Tracy Mcgrady, Jason Kidd, Michael Redd, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Baron Davis, Ray Allen, and Kenyon Martin do you think anyone could actually compete, but due to the grueling 82 game season, most of these players are either injured or too tired to involve themselves into the Olympics.

Its not even that the USA team is that bad, its just that the world is catching up talent wise and basketball is becoming a popular sport, look at the NBA it has a fine amount of international athletes.
USA will win gold and i said it...........
"Aiyyo, you betta flee Hobbes, or get your head flown three blocks, L keep rapper's hearts pumpin like Reeboks" - Big L

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 12:36:27 AM »
i not suprised that the USA team is sorry they made some horrible selections!

but to say that the international players are better than the Americans LMAO....

i hate duncan but dude is seriously the best PF in the world
I dislike lebron James but he's better than Ginobili

in my opinion America is sorry cuz:

1. They're not playing as a team
2. All of the other countries are treating this as the NBA finals or the Superbowl
3. The americans are treating this as a preseason/allstar game.

Like homeboy said above me you put in OUR best  ,lol it's over USA got this shit on Lock like bob marley's hair

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Smoke

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 02:13:54 AM »
I love the hate you guys give the U.S. team.
Man i'm loving all the arrogance i've seen in the eyes of the U.S. team players and in mostly of the Americans. It's the same. It's that thing that made people hate U.S. team. It's not Bush, it's not Iraq, it's not jealousy, it's not other shit. It's simply that. In 1992 you were a team of legends, and nobody dissed you, nobody even looked your players in their eyes, cause they were scared. But now, those nobodies are acting EXACTLY like the original Dream Team: non sleepin in the Olympic's Village, not living with the other athlets, acting like Hollywood stars, disrespecting other players (Iverson: "who's Pozzecco?". The day after Pozzecco destroyed him in USA-Italy), not even knowing a single name of other players, blaming the referees, adding lame excuses.

All we needed was one simple person to play, and he was but a little court case got in the way. You all know who I'm talking about, and right now the world would bow to his feet. Add the MDE, along with Duncan and Iverson now, and already the world looks at the U.S. team different.
For real. But it's the same thing for every team. I mean Serbia needs Divac and Stojakovic, Lithuania miss Sabonis and Ilgauskas, etc. I'm not saying they are as good as Kobe and Shaq, but they are as important as Kobe and Shaq for their team. Nobody is bitching about it. Only Americans are bitching about Shaq not giving a fuck about U.S.A. and Kobe being caught in a criminal trial. Man what i'm saying is that now your level is drastically decreased since 1992. In 1992, you could let Jordan sit in the bench for 40' and have Drextler destroying everybody. Or Olajuwon sit down and have Barkley or Malone to destroy everyone. Shit Leattner as a starter was enought for you to win it all. Now you're saying stuff like "We miss Kobe and Shaq", "we miss Michael Redd", etc.. I'm saying something is different. And it's too obvious to discuss about it, isnt it?

You guys knock us like our basketball players are getting worst. Your comparing a group of guys who aren't even 25, to fucking legends. Magic, Jordan, Bird, the greatest team that ever was put together. Now every country is catching, that's great. That means basketball is a popular world wide sport. Like baseball, who expects the U.S. to win a medal in baseball when it's our sport. Granted if our team included Bonds and Maddox, then we would be better, but honestly, the best players in MLB are from different countries anyway. So what you have is the sport spreading, and others doing well, that's great for the game.
That's what i'm saying, man!

So what if the U.S. ain't doing well. Get over it, I still root for AI to cross over the European players, but I'm an American, born and raised, and I want to see my innercity heros run over the world. If another team wins, fine. But the world should be on Kobe watch, because he was the first to throw his hat in to play, and the first get leave once he catch a case. Take your medal, it's all good. Bring the hate, but it's better for the game if it can be proven the best players don't come from the U.S. The difference, just say Kobe, and you'll see a whole different U.S. team.
That's what i'm talking about! ::)
You need the superhero..

Smoke

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 02:21:40 AM »
Its funny that people pray for U.S.A's downfall.. a team thats comprised of rookies and people who have never been to the Olympics besides Tim Duncan..  The team of '92 had icons and greats, Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkeley, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson... so these two teams are basically incomparable.
No. It's not the team that's different. It's the quality of the game that's different.
Jordan > Kobe
Drextler > T-Mac
L.Bird > Odom
Karl Malone/C.Barkley > Duncan (that Malone was more dominant that todays Duncan in international game)
P.Ewing/D.Robinson/H.Olajuwon > Shaq (them all, 3 of them, were better than today's Shaq. At least cause they were 3)
M.Johnson/J.Stock > Magic.

C'mon, i CAN compare that team with today's best players. That team was better not only of this wack US selection, but of todays ALL-NBA team. By far. That's what i'm talking about.

This is a good team as long as they stick together and play great defense in which they have shown great spurts.  In any kind of sport, any team can be beaten on any given nite, for instance Angola almost beat Puerto Rico who beat USA and Angola hasnt won a game... Honestly if the USA sent Shaquille Oneal, Jermaine Oneal, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Tracy Mcgrady, Jason Kidd, Michael Redd, Kobe Bryant, Paul Pierce, Baron Davis, Ray Allen, and Kenyon Martin do you think anyone could actually compete, but due to the grueling 82 game season, most of these players are either injured or too tired to involve themselves into the Olympics.
No. I dont think anybody in the world can compete against them. Only an European selection, maybe. But get ridd of that lame 82 games excuse. In Italy they play like 40 games of regular season, 15 games of play offs plus 10-20 other games of Euroleague, plus 5-6 games for the Italian Cup. And there's a big big difference: here if you arrive in the last positions, you retrocede to the inferior league (like from NBA to CBA). So you have triple the pressure for example T-Mac has.

Its not even that the USA team is that bad, its just that the world is catching up talent wise and basketball is becoming a popular sport, look at the NBA it has a fine amount of international athletes.
USA will win gold and i said it...........
We will see.

Smoke

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 02:23:56 AM »
but to say that the international players are better than the Americans LMAO....

No, i said international superstars are more superstars than American players, in this Olympics. For the first time ever, probably.
People aint looking forward to see Iverson and Duncan, but Yao and Gasol. Get it? They are the superstars.
But it doesnt necessary means they're better.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 05:47:40 AM »
I love the hate you guys give the U.S. team. All we needed was one simple person to play, and he was but a little court case got in the way. You all know who I'm talking about, and right now the world would bow to his feet. Add the MDE, along with Duncan and Iverson now, and already the world looks at the U.S. team different. You guys knock us like our basketball players are getting worst. Your comparing a group of guys who aren't even 25, to fucking legends. Magic, Jordan, Bird, the greatest team that ever was put together. Now every country is catching, that's great. That means basketball is a popular world wide sport. Like baseball, who expects the U.S. to win a medal in baseball when it's our sport. Granted if our team included Bonds and Maddox, then we would be better, but honestly, the best players in MLB are from different countries anyway. So what you have is the sport spreading, and others doing well, that's great for the game. So what if the U.S. ain't doing well. Get over it, I still root for AI to cross over the European players, but I'm an American, born and raised, and I want to see my innercity heros run over the world. If another team wins, fine. But the world should be on Kobe watch, because he was the first to throw his hat in to play, and the first get leave once he catch a case. Take your medal, it's all good. Bring the hate, but it's better for the game if it can be proven the best players don't come from the U.S. The difference, just say Kobe, and you'll see a whole different U.S. team.

Quit whining.  Your idol worship continues to amaze me, you must have been one hell of a comic book fan.  1 person would change the whole thing, heh?  LOL please.  He's a fuckin' crybaby too. You have the strangest way of looking at shit, M Dogg. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 11:08:17 AM »
I love the hate you guys give the U.S. team. All we needed was one simple person to play, and he was but a little court case got in the way. You all know who I'm talking about, and right now the world would bow to his feet. Add the MDE, along with Duncan and Iverson now, and already the world looks at the U.S. team different. You guys knock us like our basketball players are getting worst. Your comparing a group of guys who aren't even 25, to fucking legends. Magic, Jordan, Bird, the greatest team that ever was put together. Now every country is catching, that's great. That means basketball is a popular world wide sport. Like baseball, who expects the U.S. to win a medal in baseball when it's our sport. Granted if our team included Bonds and Maddox, then we would be better, but honestly, the best players in MLB are from different countries anyway. So what you have is the sport spreading, and others doing well, that's great for the game. So what if the U.S. ain't doing well. Get over it, I still root for AI to cross over the European players, but I'm an American, born and raised, and I want to see my innercity heros run over the world. If another team wins, fine. But the world should be on Kobe watch, because he was the first to throw his hat in to play, and the first get leave once he catch a case. Take your medal, it's all good. Bring the hate, but it's better for the game if it can be proven the best players don't come from the U.S. The difference, just say Kobe, and you'll see a whole different U.S. team.

Quit whining.  Your idol worship continues to amaze me, you must have been one hell of a comic book fan.  1 person would change the whole thing, heh?  LOL please.  He's a fuckin' crybaby too. You have the strangest way of looking at shit, M Dogg. 

when that play is the best player in the world, I think so. Also, I didn't read comic books as a kid... lol. Though I did like the Batman movie  :D

I am also saying, other countries doing well is better for the game. With countries like Italy showing that they have great players, that means the game has spread worldwide, and that is a good thing. People are talking though like the U.S. fell off, because our team isn't the 1992 Dream Team. Well in 1992, our starting line up was Magic, Jordan, Bird, Malone and Ewing, with Barkely, Dexler and Stockton coming off the bench. The Dream was in Dream Team II, not the original Dream Team. But to compare the young rookies we sent over there to the Dream Team is just silly. A true NBA Dream Team today would be Kidd, Kobe, KG, Duncan and Shaq, with T-Mac, Carter, AI, Big Ben and crazy Rasheed off the bench. Our players haven't fallen off, granted there is way you can compare our team to the Dream Team, but the Dream Team was the greatest team that could possibly be put together, outside of cloning Wilt Chamberland to start at center. It just so happen all of the greatest players came out of the 80's era, and together you had the perfect team, with Magic leading, Jordan slashing, Bird shotting, and Malone, Barkley and Ewing dominating the paint. Kidd is no Magic, Kobe is no Jordan, KG is comparable to Bird only in the sense that KG could be one of the greats in the very short future, I'll say it, Duncan is better than Malone  :'( , and Shaq is better the Ewing. But honestly, we just need Kobe, and it's all good. Kobe trained in Italy, he knows the foreign game, is a student of the game, and I think he would do well against the other countries. He wanted to compete in these games, it was a dream of his. He caught a bad break, and now everyone loses out for it. Imagion the crowds to see Kobe. His the most popular player in the game right now. Yao is a close second, but Kobe is the man. In a few years, Kobe could prove to be the greatest, who knows. But I'm telling you, add Kobe, and the reflection of these games changes.

eS El Duque

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2004, 12:16:51 PM »

when that play is the best player in the world, I think so.

I know eh? If Garnett was playing, he'd be carrying the team (he's been doing it the last 6-7 years at Minni).

Garnett and James are the two people i was looking forward to watching this Olympics.  But now it's Sarunas JASIKEVICIUS and Lebron James  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2004, 01:04:52 PM »

I know eh? If Garnett was playing, he'd be carrying the team (he's been doing it the last 6-7 years at Minni).

Garnett and James are the two people i was looking forward to watching this Olympics.  But now it's Sarunas JASIKEVICIUS and Lebron James  ;D

LMAO... hey if KG was playing, the U.S. team would be way better than now too. KG, or Kobe, it's all good.

eS El Duque

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »

LMAO... hey if KG was playing, the U.S. team would be way better than now too. KG, or Kobe, it's all good.
8)

Smoke

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 03:13:13 PM »
Yeah, and Lithuania was better with Sabonis and Ilgauskas. Serbia was better with Divac & Stojakovic. Argentina was better with Sconocchini. Italy was better with... ::)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 07:08:20 PM »
Man, is Ants a hater or what? lol. Sorry dude, but quit w/ the bitching man, lol.

Sure the 2k4 US Olympic team are playing crap team ball, it's embarressing watching them turnover balll, give them a few more games & they should get their shit together.

I liked the way they finished off Australia.

It's a pity ppl turned down the opportunity to rep their country.

Woop woop, NZ beat current world champs.

Smoke

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 02:19:12 AM »
Man, is Ants a hater or what? lol. Sorry dude, but quit w/ the bitching man, lol.

A hater? I'm saying the same things you've just said, lol.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2004, 04:04:10 AM »

No, i said international superstars are more superstars than American players, in this Olympics. For the first time ever, probably.
People aint looking forward to see Iverson and Duncan, but Yao and Gasol. Get it? They are the superstars.

aright man, i thought you lost it for a second.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Smoke

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2004, 04:16:43 AM »

aright man, i thought you lost it for a second.

No, but that's not a surprise, is it? When Yao is a starter in the Western Conference All Stars and Shaq is in the bench, well..