Author Topic: Now that Mase made a comeback...  (Read 376 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Now that Mase made a comeback...
« on: August 19, 2004, 11:02:36 AM »
...I've noticed several people acting like he was some great artist and it's a blessing from God that he came back. Anybody else seen this? No hating on Mase from me, but let's be honest - he never was that great. Sure he could spit a verse, but it wasn't anything to wet your pants over. Just one rapper among many. But now that he's made a comeback and made news for changing his views and attitudes and all - some people act like he's some super MC. Not just on this board here, but people in general. Personally, I don't get it. What the hell was supposedly so special and great about him in the first place? Anybody feel what I'm talking about?

Mase Is The Future

Re: Now that Mase made a comeback...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 11:04:49 AM »
Were you there when he first came out?
His vibe is the special thing, just like Kanye West, he's the best rapper for that Feel Good music, don't front.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »
its not whether he was great or good its jus the fact that hes back dammit!

WELCOME BACK![/size]

-KIDRENEGADE-

Mase Is The Future

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 11:11:10 AM »
its not whether he was great or great its jus the fact that hes back dammit!

WELCOME BACK![/size]

Real talk right there.

Plus, the reason everybody's welcoming him back, is because a lot of people grew up with Ma$e's songs, he brings it all back.

RuffRyder189

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 12:44:14 PM »
yea back then Ma$se used to get the party crackin.

teecee

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 05:02:21 PM »
Yeah, i am surprised how much hype mase is getting too  T-Dogg, but you have to remember, the game is in a sad state right now (although its getting better) and Mase coming back is big because he brings some fun and entertainment back into the game.  I for one like his album,, but dont proclaim him to be a lyrical genius or top 20 rapper or anything like that.

T-dogg:  were you around when his first album dropped?  Or when Mo Money Mo Problems came out?  He was the man then, everyone knew he was kind of corny but loved the shit anyway, it was fun music.  To have him back brings a lot of people back, and it is also nice because we get to hear the real thing as opposed to all these  Mase clones  (50 cent-  hardcore version of mase,  Fabolous-  punchline, lyrical version of mase,   Loon-  the smooth player version of mase).......

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 06:41:15 PM »
coc mase>badboy and new mase put together

everybody welcomin this, welcomin that, he wasnt welcome in the first place, how we welcome him back? 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jome

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 07:00:29 PM »
everybody welcomin this, welcomin that, he wasnt welcome in the first place, how we welcome him back? 8)

LOL, the Dipset influence has taken over your posts.
But really though, I could care less that he's back..  :-X :laugh:

pappy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 07:22:24 PM »
someone bought up a good point.  even if you didnt like mase.  most of us grew up on mase.  so it takes us back in the day an reminisce sought of. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 08:09:39 PM »
someone bought up a good point.  even if you didnt like mase.  most of us grew up on mase.  so it takes us back in the day an reminisce sought of. 
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 11:03:05 PM »

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 11:14:44 PM »

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 07:01:51 AM »
Well I didn't grow up on Mase and I don't welcome him back.

Mase Is The Future

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 11:32:02 AM »
Back in the day Ma$e was THE MAN.
Everybody jackin' Ma$e style 'cause everybody wanna be Ma$e!

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 06:37:04 PM »
its not whether he was great or great its jus the fact that hes back dammit!

WELCOME BACK![/size]

Real talk right there.

Plus, the reason everybody's welcoming him back, is because a lot of people grew up with Ma$e's songs, he brings it all back.
That's some real fuckin talk right there.  The Puff Daddy/Mase era of around 97 is when I first got into rap music.  That was a happy time.