Author Topic: I gotta say it, sorry. What's with the cops in Norway?  (Read 270 times)

Trauma-san

I gotta say it, sorry. What's with the cops in Norway?
« on: August 22, 2004, 07:05:45 PM »
LOL for the SECOND FUCKING TIME somebody has stolen world famous artist Edvard Munch's "The Scream"... er, or they stole two different versions of the Scream twice.  Anyways, what, they can't afford a couple handguns for their guards? They can't put an alarm system in? I mean, it's PRICELESS IRREPLACABLE ART by Norway's claim to fame.  Shit.  The guys just walked in, and stole the paintings off the NAILS THEY WERE HANGING ON. 

I mean, I live in 'country' Charlotte, NC, and our museum has all of their famous art protected by alarm systems, and it's nowhere near the prestige of "The Scream".  Come on now.  Maybe we could show yall how to tie the shit down or something, I dunno.  We gotta nip this in the bud (obscure N.C. reference).

Trauma-san

Re: I gotta say it, sorry. What's with the cops in Norway?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 07:07:15 PM »
Oh, P.S., I hope the shit turns up alright, it's on fragile brittle paper, rough handling would destroy it. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 07:22:13 PM »
Interesting that he did 4 versions... I think these are the 4 (as far as I can find)

^ The most famous, notice the subtle blues in the sky.

^ A Lithograph

^ More insane version

^^ Water color version?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 07:24:26 PM by SMiLE »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 07:28:57 PM »
good drawing, bad cops

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 07:31:14 PM »
biggest expressionistic painting.. still I wonder who's illegaly buying this shit. I mean you cant have it hung in your place like it aint nothing when it's stolen lol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jome

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 07:33:04 PM »
They had several alarm systems, most of them so called "silent alarms" connected straight to police.

I don't know how many museums you have been to, but armed guards are rather unusual in Europe.
I guess everybody and their mother are armed in U.S., but handguns, rifles, shotguns, etc. are pretty rare in most parts of Europe.

Btw, the topic title should have been blaming the museum security, the cops did their job..
They pretty much locked down the whole city, and put up road-blocks and all that usual shit.
Museum security = Not much to boast about..   :-\

I wonder why you didn't make this thread 1 week ago, when the Norwegian police's SWAT-team shot 2 of the most wanted bank robbers in Scandinavia after months of surveillance, and shot them inside a bank where the robbers were waiting for a Securitas car to arrive with millions of cash.

And they have also arrested 11 people in THIS crazy case, so for one times sake I'm rather happy with the polices work.  :)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 07:38:16 PM by Jome »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 07:34:40 PM »
biggest expressionistic painting.. still I wonder who's illegaly buying this shit. I mean you cant have it hung in your place like it aint nothing when it's stolen lol.
why... id hang that shit up, right in my room, next to my Britney Spears poster :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 08:50:52 PM »
I like it, i'm not much of a art buff but I see beauty in about anything, and it's definately a wonderful painting.  Of course it's so famous it's kind of blase to go on and on about it because every 2nd grader has been told 'why' it's such a great painting, but it's notoriety shouldn't detract from the respect it gets, I guess.

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 08:52:16 PM »
BTW, what do yall figure it's worth?  Like I said he painted 4 of them, and I believe (I may be wrong) that this is the most famous of them, i.e. the first one I posted.  I would imagine, under LEGAL circumstances, a wealthy museum would probably pay at least 20 million dollars for it, maybe much more. 

pappy

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 10:14:06 PM »
nip it in the bud isnt a obsecure NC sayin,  i hear people say all the time.  well maybe not all the time but i hear it said.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 10:40:54 PM »
They need to get better security guards for real. Especially if the burlur just walked up and took the painting.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2004, 04:04:04 AM »
Why would anyone buy a stolen painting? It's not worth shit, because as soon as someone finds out, back to the museum it goes.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 07:39:44 AM »
nip it in the bud isnt a obsecure NC sayin,  i hear people say all the time.  well maybe not all the time but i hear it said.

I was referring to N.C.'s own Barney Fife, since Jome is always going on about how I live in the country with hicks, even though my city is larger than the biggest city in his entire country. 

Jome

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2004, 08:28:15 PM »
I was referring to N.C.'s own Barney Fife, since Jome is always going on about how I live in the country with hicks, even though my city is larger than the biggest city in his entire country. 

No, I'm saying that you talk like it.