Author Topic: Most underrated show of all time=News Radio  (Read 138 times)

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Most underrated show of all time=News Radio
« on: August 24, 2004, 07:01:49 AM »
you can talk about ur Seinfelds and your Simpsons and whatever all you want but as incredibly great those shows were they got the dues that they deserved , however one show that stands as my personal favorite is one that never did , News Radio.
I mean seriously EVERY SINGLE caracter on that show was lovable and one that you cared about , especially Phill Hartman's caracter , "Bill Mcneil".
I don't know if you guys have watched that show but it is surely up there with the all time great sitcoms in my opinion .

Montana00

Re: Most underrated show of all time=News Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 07:14:46 AM »
ive never heard of news radio.

btw, simpsons and seinfeld werent underrated. They were(are) extremely popular.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 07:30:17 AM »
"ive never heard of news radio"

I rest my case .

u should really check it out it's an awesome show with a cast that's up there with Seinfeld's , u had 7 GREAT characters in the show , this is how the cast is best described by one guy on Amazon (the 1st and 2nd seasons are coming out on DVD) :

"Stephen Root is fabulous as crazy billionaire station owner Jimmy James. Maura Tierney is absolutely adorable as Lisa. Phil Hartman is perfect as the self-centered on-air talent whose ego knows no bounds. Add Matthew, the complete idiot, Beth, the useless secretary and Joe, the station electrician who makes his own duct tape and you have one lovable group of misfits for whom Dave Foley plays the perfect den mother."

Also Jon Lovitz was part of the show when Hartman died but he couldn't fill Hartman's shoes even though he was really good

I think that this show will know a "family guy"-like surge in popularity once the DVDs come out (hopefully)

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 07:49:29 AM »
i watch it sometimes, and i live in finland, not usa. but imo seinfeld is betta and sipmsons way betta ;D ???

Montana00

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 07:51:06 AM »
Yeah family guy was definetly underrated. I never watched it when it was on Fox. But i bought all the dvd sets, and i love that show.

pappy

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:21:40 AM »
News radio was a great show.  I never watched in on NBC.  My local UPN affiliate would show repeats at night.  I watched one night an it was one of the funniest shows i had ever watched.  The show tho was never the same when phil hartman died.  Even tho they got Jon Lovitz who is a very funny man,  they show wasnt the same.  I'll never forget one episode phil hartmans character was talkin about his dad beatin the shit outta of him of something an than he looks into the air with a smile on his face an goes.... Good Time.  lol it was one of the funniest things i ever watchd.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 12:11:45 PM »
lol at seindfeld being overated, best show ever, no contest, NONE

Rain

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 03:14:04 PM »
NewsRadio was pretty funny - Phil Hartman and Stephen Root made that show though - they are pretty much funny in every thing they do/did and they were hilarious in that. most of the other characters just really werent that funny. 
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 04:17:25 PM »
Everybody Loves Raymond owns  8)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 04:59:24 PM »
fattak - i'd give you props if i could.  i got addicted to that show when i live in ft. lauderdale in the summer of 1998.  I only ever watched it in syndication.  I can't remember what station showed the reruns, but they played 2 episodes back to back everyday at 1 o'clock.  I didn't miss one airing for that whole summer.  I totally agree that it may be the most underrated shows ever.  Every character was perfect, the chemistry was perfect, just a great show.  fastest half hour ever.  thanks for reminding me man.

pappy

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 05:36:48 PM »
fattak - i'd give you props if i could.  i got addicted to that show when i live in ft. lauderdale in the summer of 1998.  I only ever watched it in syndication.  I can't remember what station showed the reruns, but they played 2 episodes back to back everyday at 1 o'clock.  I didn't miss one airing for that whole summer.  I totally agree that it may be the most underrated shows ever.  Every character was perfect, the chemistry was perfect, just a great show.  fastest half hour ever.  thanks for reminding me man.

In new york it was UPN that played repeats.  Like you said they played back to back episodes at 1 o clock

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 12:15:10 AM »
"The show tho was never the same when phil hartman died.  Even tho they got Jon Lovitz who is a very funny man,  they show wasnt the same"

exactly

"lol at seindfeld being overated, best show ever, no contest, NONE"

I never said it was overrated , I said it got it's dues

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 12:30:56 AM »
I could never get into it ya know

-KIDRENEGADE-