Author Topic: K-OS' new album, "JOYFUL REBELLION" is fuckin tite!  (Read 477 times)

Suga Foot

K-OS' new album, "JOYFUL REBELLION" is fuckin tite!
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:50:47 PM »
If you're a fan of Talib Kweli, Mos Def, De La Soul, or the Roots, check this guy out!  He's toured with India Arie, The Roots and De La Soul.  His last album "Exit" won "Best International Album" at the 2003 Source Awards.  He actually uses instruments on his songs (rather than computer programs).  He's been called 'buzzworthy' by both MTV and BET.  They're saying he's the next big thing in hip hop.  I really don't think he'll blow up huge, but anything can happen I guess.  You can see the video for "B Boy Stance" at www.k-osmusic.com

The album came out today in Canada, it comes out in the States and overseas next month.  Buy it if you see it.

DAYUM

Re: K-OS' new album, "JOYFUL REBELLION" is fuckin tite!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 09:58:19 PM »
i only like one song from him and thats superstar i got 2 versions of it one thats jamaican and one that he does...? sounds kinda the same..

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 10:02:49 PM »
There's a Superstar part 0, part 1, and part 2.  I ain't really feelin any of them tho.

teecee

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 10:44:41 PM »
Ya'll should check out Musical Essence, its his first song, kinda g funkish, its about 8 or 9 years old.........and check out Rise Like the Sun too, its too dope.

And yo, that BBoy stance is growing on me like crazy, K-os is gonna moe some units in the states i think, his shit is different than anyone elses

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 10:50:12 PM »
b boy stance is hot. its somewhat of a different style from him.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:47:35 PM »
Oh shit he did "Superstar"?

I saw him on nickelodeon and quickly Phh'd and flipped the channel, I figure any video I see on Teenick isnt worth checkin'.  I'll check this tho if he has that Mos Def Talib Kweli Concious feel, besides I've been looking for something while I wait on that new Mos Def next Month and new Talib Kweli.

-KIDRENEGADE-

eS El Duque

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 05:24:17 AM »
i downloaded his album 5 days ago..its pretty nice..i like the production

The Love Song is pretty sweet  ;D

Smooth

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 05:43:35 AM »
Ya'll should check out Musical Essence, its his first song, kinda g funkish, its about 8 or 9 years old.........and check out Rise Like the Sun too, its too dope.

And yo, that BBoy stance is growing on me like crazy, K-os is gonna moe some units in the states i think, his shit is different than anyone elses

Yeah dawg, Musical Essence is his best track imo, some real laid back shit... and rise like the sun is tight as hell too, some real nice raps on there...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

DAYUM

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 06:09:39 AM »
i think imma peep this when i get home

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2004, 08:44:19 PM »
I'm putting together a "Best Of K-OS" album right now.  I got 15 of my favorites on there, including a rare saukrates remix of "Top Of The World" and an unheard song called "blindspot".

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 09:53:54 PM »
downloading a bunch of his shit

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2004, 01:24:20 PM »
I first heard of him from that song "Rise Like The Song". At the time, I never heard anything else like it from hip-hop. I actually forgot about him, but now I'ma peep his album for sure. Good lookin'.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2004, 03:49:55 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2004, 09:21:20 PM »
Emcee Murdah is alone worth the price of the album.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2004, 11:38:34 PM »
Damn y'all, The Love Song is just a beautiful song. I've become a fan of this dude overnight lol

THA SAUCE HOUSE