Author Topic: 3 Reasons why Mase is going to sell out in stores.....  (Read 1023 times)

Sikotic™

Re: 3 Reasons why Mase is going to sell out in stores.....
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
Agreed. It is all about how you look at it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 11:07:13 AM »
i still dont get the hype surrounding the Mase album... 8) :-\
Then you probably didn't listen to him back in 97, or you were already in your 20s by that time

im 20 years old, and own plenty of cd's with mase on them, Life After Death and Its Dark And Hell Is Hot (probably my fav mase verse) for example...

and i respect the fact he went off to do the church thing, but everyone hailing his return as something great is amusing to me, when he was being dissed left right and center the first time around...

to each his own, but there are many artists i would rather listen to... 8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

infinite59

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 06:02:51 PM »
^^^ well it depends on how you look at it. if you ask a christian, he's going to say that it's not true at all. and if you ask a non-christian, he'll tell you it's true. opinions are subjective to who you are and what you believe. so what he said about christianity has a lot to do with his 'faith' in islam. if you asked mase or creflo dollar or billy grahm, i bet they'd say the exact opposite as what hajj said.

and, being an ex-christian, i can tell you that a big part of christian culture is about being a part of the world, but not fully. christianity is trying to reach the masses by preaching and being a part of american and 'non-believer' culture. look at POD. these guys go against what everything in fundamentalist christianity says. but they're christians and probably reach more people than, say, dc talk ever did.

my point being, christianity in this country is ABOUT fitting in to the 'non-believer' culture, as they see it reaches 'non-christians' and christians alike. christianity is a faith that must be shown to the world and the only way they see it will be shown is if they do it in a 'non-christian' way so that 'non-christians' will pay attention to it. the strategy of christianity is to reach the common man and the way to reach the common man is to do it in a common way. and that's in a 'non-believers' world.

so yeah, essentially, what hajj said about the "lifestyle" of christians being no different than the lifestyle of non-believers is true - if you look at it on a surface point of view; my point is, when you look a little deeper than the surface, and see how these christians live and what they do behind closed doors is their own hidden agenda and their own strategy of reaching 'non-believers.' and they're different people at home and in groups (i know because i was a christian).

The problem with that is, your neglecting the fact that there is a book, the book is called THE BIBLE.  This is the Holy Book of the Christians.  So why don't we go into that book and look for a more exact definition on how a Christian is taught to live his life.  And the teaching you will find in the Bible, is that a Christian should neglect the vain activities of this worldly life (money, women, cars, riches) for the life of the hereafter.   

So therefore, I am not writing about Christianity from the perspective of my "faith in Islam", I was raised Christian, and I had all these thoughts which in part lead me to be an atheist (then a few years later I found Islam).

I am writing about modern Christianity using the Bible as my criteria and standard for Christians.  I would also prefer that when the issue concerns a Muslim, that the criteria of the Noble Qu'ran would be used.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 06:14:12 PM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 07:47:46 AM »
yeah the album is pretty good...

last night at vma's when diddy and mase were on the stage mase kept shoutin "welcome back" all the fuckin time, it sounded über gay if u ask me. diddy said like "vote or die blaa blaa" and mase shouted "welcome baaaaaaaack" omfg, we get it, and this happened like 5 times ::) yeah i bet every1 now knows ur 1st singles name ???

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 07:04:21 PM »
^^^ well it depends on how you look at it. if you ask a christian, he's going to say that it's not true at all. and if you ask a non-christian, he'll tell you it's true. opinions are subjective to who you are and what you believe. so what he said about christianity has a lot to do with his 'faith' in islam. if you asked mase or creflo dollar or billy grahm, i bet they'd say the exact opposite as what hajj said.

and, being an ex-christian, i can tell you that a big part of christian culture is about being a part of the world, but not fully. christianity is trying to reach the masses by preaching and being a part of american and 'non-believer' culture. look at POD. these guys go against what everything in fundamentalist christianity says. but they're christians and probably reach more people than, say, dc talk ever did.

my point being, christianity in this country is ABOUT fitting in to the 'non-believer' culture, as they see it reaches 'non-christians' and christians alike. christianity is a faith that must be shown to the world and the only way they see it will be shown is if they do it in a 'non-christian' way so that 'non-christians' will pay attention to it. the strategy of christianity is to reach the common man and the way to reach the common man is to do it in a common way. and that's in a 'non-believers' world.

so yeah, essentially, what hajj said about the "lifestyle" of christians being no different than the lifestyle of non-believers is true - if you look at it on a surface point of view; my point is, when you look a little deeper than the surface, and see how these christians live and what they do behind closed doors is their own hidden agenda and their own strategy of reaching 'non-believers.' and they're different people at home and in groups (i know because i was a christian).

The problem with that is, your neglecting the fact that there is a book, the book is called THE BIBLE.  This is the Holy Book of the Christians.  So why don't we go into that book and look for a more exact definition on how a Christian is taught to live his life.  And the teaching you will find in the Bible, is that a Christian should neglect the vain activities of this worldly life (money, women, cars, riches) for the life of the hereafter.   

So therefore, I am not writing about Christianity from the perspective of my "faith in Islam", I was raised Christian, and I had all these thoughts which in part lead me to be an atheist (then a few years later I found Islam).

I am writing about modern Christianity using the Bible as my criteria and standard for Christians.  I would also prefer that when the issue concerns a Muslim, that the criteria of the Noble Qu'ran would be used.

OK buddy, now we're about to get into it:

you and i both know that things can be taken out of context to make any religious book say whatever the hell you want it to say. for example, you can say that the bible says to kill fags (deut.) or you can say that the bible says to love them (math. mark. luke. john). you can make the bible say that you don't believe in god if you shave your fucking sideburns.

from your perspective, it sounds like you're talking about orthodox christianity. from my perspective, i'd say that he's nowhere near orthodox christianity. i'd say he's taking more of a fundamentalist/evangelist stance to christianity. he's spreading the word the way he apparently believes it should go; which, coincidentally, falls directly in line with fundamentalism....

and, you and i both know, that jesus was down in the trenches with the sinners. he was partying with the lowest of the low (remember the book of john and how jesus turned water to wine for a bunch of drunks?). he told of how those in the church had the wrong attitude and most of the people that jesus condemned were in the church.

that's what i would say mase is doing, chillin with the sinners. chillin with the people that he perceives as needing god most. which, i think christians believe, is what jesus would be doing if he were here today. and regardless if there's a few titties here and there, he's reaching the audience he is targeting. it's his strategy. it's the strategy of christianity.

if mase were to, say, act holier than thou, and have a video where he's sitting in church all day, you think it would reach the masses? hell no, it'd drop of the charts before it even got there.

and how can you say that you know how mase is living? you have no fucking idea what he does behind closed doors. i have no fucking idea. NOBODY BUT HIMSELF AND GOD KNOW HOW HE LIVES HIS LIFE. so how can we say? i am merely pointing out that his video of 'money clothes and hoes' is his way of reaching to the masses and showing him that he's still a human that deals with worldly things. he's giving the 'non-believers' something to look towards to let them know that not everyone that is a christian needs to sit in church and pray all day.

i think our main issue here is that you're saying there is only one type of christianity, and i'm saying that there's many. you're saying that mase isn't acting very orthodox, and i'm agreeing. you're saying that it's a bad thing, i'm saying it's a good thing. you're saying he's not a good christian, i'm saying he's a damn good christian because he's got a strategy. i think he knows a bit more about what he's doing than we do though.....