Author Topic: Where’s The Beef? Ja Rule; 50 Cent and "The Cookout"  (Read 684 times)

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
Where’s The Beef? Ja Rule; 50 Cent and "The Cookout"
« on: August 26, 2004, 03:08:31 PM »
The summer’s almost over but Queen Latifah is inviting you to “The Cook Out.” Starring Danny Glover, Meagan Goode, Flavor Unit affiliate Storm P and Ja Rule, the family-friendly flick opens September 3.

“This is a different role for me,” explains Ja about playing thug Bling Bling. “I’ve been playing serious characters and this is someone with a light side to him.”

Ja’s next album, R.U.L.E. drops November 9 and features R. Kelly, Mary, Ashanti, Jadakiss, Fat Joe, Trick Daddy, Scarface and more.

As for his feud with 50, “It’s over. It’s a feud that’s been going on for the last year and a half. He has a lot of other feuds that he needs to address. I’m always here, in the wing doing what I do. And I hope he continues to do what he does cause it’s a crazy business. And I think he’s going to see that in a year or so.

“I’m in a comfortable zone. Cause now I’m the underdog. As funny as that may seem after all the success I’ve had, now I’m the underdog and people are rooting for me. It’s a beautiful thing. And it’s funny how karma’s a motherf***er. Things you do come back to bite you in the a** sometimes. When you shell out bad energy sometimes you get it back. Not to say that I’ve shelled out bad energy in the past. I’ve always been a good person. I’ve had some bad energy brought on me over the last year and a half. But like I said, when you give it out it comes back. And everybody’s on his a** right now, Shyne, Nas … I got jumped last year. Everybody was on my ass. Now go get on his ass.

“I still do what I do. I never lost the talent. I make beautiful records. Artists still call me and say, ‘Yo, Ja I need a hit.’ As long as you can put out that kind of output or input in this music industry, you are a well-received and well-respected artist. I think I’m a very well respected artist, it’s just how people receive me.

“I’m all heart. Nothing deters me, nothing stops me. F**k you, I’ll be there. I’ll see you there. And you got to be that way in this business.”

Rule runs a film company, Focus Vision which has already completed “Back In The Day” with Ving Rhames.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Where’s The Beef? Ja Rule; 50 Cent and "The Cookout"
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 03:13:18 PM »
Im the underdog and people are rooting for me.
aint nobody rootin for u, not a damn soul

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:48:12 PM »
Rule speakin for real
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 03:51:34 PM »
Im the underdog and people are rooting for me.
aint nobody rootin for u, not a damn soul

Nah, there's still plenty of people rooting for him, just not nearly as much after 50 Cent came into the picture.  Looks like Ja has smartened up a little bit. He should've ignored the whole beef to begin with because he definitely came on the losing end of that battle.  Look at Diddy for example.  The guy ignores any hate that's thrown his way and in the end he comes out on top everytime.  Ja should've just kept making those R&B/rap hybrids that he was making.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 08:36:58 PM »
Rule speakin for real

Yeah, props for realizing that he lost the 1st round.. he sounds a little bitter though.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 08:40:11 PM »

mayne that secret service dude he played in scary movie 3 was a serious character?

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 08:57:56 PM »
YEAH FUCK

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 09:47:45 PM »

mayne that secret service dude he played in scary movie 3 was a serious character?

lmao

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 10:04:06 PM »
Rule speakin for real

Yeah, props for realizing that he lost the 1st round.. he sounds a little bitter though.

lol. exactly.  Don't think there's gonna be a 2nd round, though.  It was a knockout.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 10:20:54 PM »
Real talk right there. Karma is a motherfucker.. glad to see hes optimistic and is coming back , and i agree wit peeps saying he should have ignored beef to begin with..

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 11:18:40 PM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 12:08:06 AM »
Rule speakin for real

lol man whatever. "Lose Change" and "Change Gon Come" were the best songs out that battle. But I wouldnt expect you to admit that seeing your God 50 hates Ja.

Jome

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 12:19:08 AM »
lol man whatever. "Lose Change" and "Change Gon Come" were the best songs out that battle. But I wouldnt expect you to admit that seeing your God 50 hates Ja.

Your precious boy admitted it himself, you ain't gotta be a genius to see who won that battle.
He basically said "Yeah I lost, so now I'm the underdog, I'll come back though".
Just because you're in love with the man, doesn't mean that you should just shut your eyes to the outcome of the battle.

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 12:28:51 AM »
Rule speakin for real

OMG....FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ISNT BLINDED BY THE WHITNESS OF EMINEM  AND ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE MUSIC AND THE WORDS AND SAW Ja ripped EM & 50 new ones.....Seriously, can someone please give me a line better than this one....Eminem was Dead once this verse was dropped

EM, You Claim Your Mothers A Crackhead and Kim is A Known Slut, So Whats Hailey gon Be When she Grows Up?

I hate both of them, but ja came out on top in this battle, hands down....and he came out hard on "Blood in My Eyes"....All Dope Tracks, the best diss Cd ive ever heard.....but its not like any 50 cent or eminem fan would give a fuck to even bother to listen....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2004, 01:53:04 AM »
^real talk

I didnt even like Ja Rule until he dropped "Lose Change". Jome, dont believe me? Search my old post on the DPG forum.

But its funny, you love everything G-Unit affiliated, and you dislike Ja Rule, Bang Em Smurf & Domination, and pretty much everybody else who disses G-Unit, but you callin me a groupie. Lol. I hope dickrydin becomes a sport, you'd be rich.