Author Topic: Muslims capture and threaten to exceute two French journalists  (Read 268 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Didn't France have a close relationship with Saddam Hussein, and didn't they oppose the war with Iraq? Apparently it doesn't really matter, Muslims just want to kill anyone who is Christian or white.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130458,00.html

PARIS — Muslim leaders in France on Sunday condemned the kidnapping of two French journalists in Iraq and said the government should not capitulate to militant demands to revoke a law that bans the wearing of Islamic head scarves in schools.

The government showed no signs that it would change the law, which takes effect when school opens this week. The interior minister defended the measure.

"It is not directed at anyone but aims on the contrary at preserving everybody's freedom," said Interior Minister Dominique de Villepin (search), flanked by Muslim leaders. "It plays a role in the cohesion of our country."

Islamic militants who claimed to be holding Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot gave France 48 hours to overturn the law, according to Arab TV station Al-Jazeera. It showed a brief videotape of the journalists saying they were being held but were well treated. Their captors did not issue an ultimatum.

The kidnapping proved false the notion that France's opposition to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and Paris' generally pro-Arab policy had inoculated the French against Islamic terrorism.

Al-Jazeera said militants claiming to hold the reporters described the head scarf law as "an aggression on the Islamic religion and personal freedoms."

In France, Muslim leaders were strong in their condemnation. Some expressed fears, however, of a backlash for the 5 million-strong Muslim community, western Europe's biggest.

"We must not negotiate. It is blackmail which the Muslims of France reject. It is blackmail which does not serve the Muslim cause and which unfortunately holds the Muslim community hostage," said Lhaj Thami Breze, president of the powerful Union of Islamic Organizations of France.

"The head scarf issue is a solely French affair and we do not accept foreign interference," he added.

Dalil Boubakeur, head of the French Council for the Muslim Faith, said the kidnapping could present "danger" for French Muslims and he urged them to condemn it.

"Our community is adult enough to speak with the French government about its own problems," he told Associated Press Television News. "We need peace. We need serenity. We need humanity — without these terrible events."

De Villepin, the interior minister, did not directly address the reported demand for a revocation of the law, adopted in March with wide support from lawmakers across the political spectrum.

But in an apparent reminder of French opposition to the Iraq war, de Villepin said: "France has never stopped defending respect for law and for justice, respect for the sovereignty of all peoples."

He said France is united in calling for the reporters' release and that French secularism guarantees religious freedoms while keeping the state neutral.

"We want everyone to know that secularism in our country does not divide the French but unites them," he said. "French people of all origins, of all religions or all faiths, are united behind our compatriots Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot. Together, we ask for their release."

Chesnot, of Radio France-Internationale and Radio France, and Malbrunot, who works for the dailies Le Figaro and Ouest-France and RTL radio, have not been in touch with their employers since Aug. 19.

The law forbids public school students from wearing religious apparel and "conspicuous" signs showing their religious affiliation. That includes Jewish skullcaps and large Christian crosses.

French authorities have made clear, however, that the ban is aimed at removing Islamic head scarves from classrooms. The law sparked protests at home and abroad, with many Muslims saying they felt unfairly targeted.

mauzip

Re: Muslims capture and threaten to exceute two French journalists
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 11:01:14 AM »
Muslims just want to kill anyone who is Christian or white.

That's not true. You should have said anyone who isn't Muslim.

Montana00

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 11:10:53 AM »
Whats the big deal?

They've been doing this for months now.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 12:08:53 PM »
I dont get why they take french ones
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 12:57:07 PM »
I dont get why they take french ones

that shows you didnt read the story properly but took it at face value.

::)

read it before u open your mouth

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 04:01:03 PM »
being not allowed to wear Islamic head scarves in schools and being oppressed by military are 2 things that dont stand in any relation whatsoever. I assume ppl in Iraq have bigger problems than muslims in France who may not wear certain things in school. They should rather be grateful that France didnt really support the war.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 04:19:14 PM »
dont u understand these fuckin terrorists dont think.. they dont have time to break down our nationality, and they dont have common sense, they just wana kill

Thirteen

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 04:38:46 PM »
damn this is fucked up.... what can France do since they have nothing to surrender?

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 06:10:16 PM »
Yeah I think it's obvious that they don't give a shit who they take and kill. I coulda told you that a few months back.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 04:34:50 AM »
Muslims just want to kill anyone who is Christian or white.

What about all the damn Israeli Jews that are dying on a regular basis? Muslims kill them too, you know.