Author Topic: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??? (American)  (Read 1368 times)

Woodrow

Re: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??? (American)
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 04:03:04 PM »
I guess it's a winning kick from the name of the image... But yeah, it does look like he botched it.

2 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eS El Duque

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2004, 04:06:54 PM »
I guess it's a winning kick from the name of the image... But yeah, it does look like he botched it.

2 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, the hairs on my arm are standing up  ;D

Im Canadian, so I bascially can cheer for anyone (but my team is Green Bay), so im waiting for some great football games..  I still remember that Colts vs Tampa game last year when Colts came back in the 4th quarter to win it, they were down by like 20 points or somthing  8)

LETS GO

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2004, 04:34:30 PM »
I don't post here often, but do many americans come in and bitch when europeans post about Football?

no... maby because they know that real football is when you actually use the foot to play the ball..

LOL!

It's the tampon! Stick to your sorry little existence! It's better here when you DON'T post!

lol... you cant find decent arguments, so you start dissin me... lol... you're so mature

decent arguments?! Tell me what you said, then tell me what dude is doing in the picutre.

I don't need to "Diss You" to show what a fucking moron you are. Moron. :D

lmao... how many times do they actually "kick" during the game

let me ask you another question.... if 97% of your shirt was white, while 3% was black... would you call it a white or a black shirt....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2004, 04:36:11 PM »
^omg, just kill yourself

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2004, 04:40:21 PM »

let me ask you another question.... if 97% of your shirt was white, while 3% was black... would you call it a white or a black shirt....

I'd call it a white shirt with black on it...Unfortunately, I can't call Football "running game with some foot usage"...That would be retarded...From now on, when we have non-American football threads, please be sure to add "(non-American)" in the thread title...Thanks.

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2004, 04:48:34 PM »
LOL @ europeans over reacting in this thread
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2004, 09:18:49 PM »

I'd call it a white shirt with black on it...Unfortunately, I can't call Football "running game with some foot usage"...That would be retarded...From now on, when we have non-American football threads, please be sure to add "(non-American)" in the thread title...Thanks.

agreed  8)

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2004, 12:27:15 AM »
"LOL @ europeans over reacting in this thread"

it's probably cause nearly everytime a football(the one where they use their feet) thread is posted some retard comes in and posts some retarded stuff

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2004, 01:18:02 AM »

ok.. in you case, your sport should be called "running game with hand usage and and a liiiiitle foot usage"... am i correct?

eS El Duque

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2004, 03:35:05 PM »
btw, Colts lost..by 3..can't believe Vanderjat(spelling?) missed :o

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2004, 03:58:51 PM »

ok.. in you case, your sport should be called "running game with hand usage and and a liiiiitle foot usage"... am i correct?

No...It should be called whatever the hell they want to call it...I didn't invent it, so I don't get to name it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2004, 12:19:36 AM »
the reason they call it foot ball is because for in order for a team  to obtain poss. of the ball (save interception and rare squandered 4th down attempt)  the ball must be kicked. that's why it's called FOOTball because almost every possesion starts with a guy kicking the ball.

and why are you getting so emotional over the name? just shows how niggled you are.

anyways say what you want about the name. the actual athletes in our football are the best in out of any sport.

any athletic prowess that can be fathomed  is in the NFL and the best of the best are there, unlike in soccer where you run around kicking a ball  for hours , foot ball requires vast amounts of different athletic ability , and requires more intelligence.

soccer....checkers
football....chess

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2004, 03:49:20 AM »
damn...people will argue about anything!! so they are both referred to as football, who actually gives a fuck!?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Jome

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2004, 09:18:34 AM »
football is american, futbol is soccer. stupid foreign fucks

FOOTBALL is what Americans call soccer, what Americans call Football isn't football, end of story, stupid foreign fucks.

Jome

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2004, 09:43:16 AM »
No...It should be called whatever the hell they want to call it...I didn't invent it, so I don't get to name it.

Then I should inform you that what you Americans call Football actually came from the game "Rugby", and there already was a game called "Football" when Americans came up with their own version.
So "American Rugby" is actually more fitting than Football.

Check it:

HISTORY OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Football historians, those who have studied the game and its origins, place the games beginnings in rugby, an English game played with many similarities to football. Rugby began in eighteen twenty-three at the famous Rugby Boys School in England.
(...)
Walter Camp, the coach at Yale and a dissenter from the IFA over his desire for an eleven man team, helped begin the final step in the evolution from rugby-style play to the modern game of American football. The IFAs rules committee, led by Camp, soon cut the number of players from fifteen to eleven, and also instituted the size of the playing field, at one hundred ten yards.(...)

So, pretty much, both Football, Rugby, and American Football originally comes from England.  :)