Author Topic: I finally make an anti-capitalism post  (Read 182 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: I finally make an anti-capitalism post
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004, 01:59:45 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know where you come from, but where I'm from stating something wouldn't hurt doesn't mean you have to do it. I'm not telling Wal Mart not to do it. I'm just sayijng if they didn't go through with it it wouldn't hurt. If this were a new company that had it's future based on this deal then I wouldn't say a thing.
And I'm saying, who are you to tell a company what to do? How do you know this wouldn't hurt walmart? Have you done research into your statement? Have you looked at both sides of the issue? Do you think walmart just put this store there so they could loose money? Do you own stock in walmart? If not, where do you get off telling them what they should/shouldn't do?

First I never said they SHOULDN'T, I just said it wouldn't hurt. I think simple logic will tell you that a company that makes hundreds of billions a year could survive losing a few million. It's not like you can't sell the land back. Real estate is always easy to sell.

Woodrow

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2004, 02:24:26 PM »
First I never said they SHOULDN'T, I just said it wouldn't hurt.
I must have missed that post.

I think simple logic will tell you that a company that makes hundreds of billions a year could survive losing a few million.
I'm still confused. Why should a company have to loose money? What you are saying is because it makes a lot of money, it shouldn't be able to make more?

It's not like you can't sell the land back. Real estate is always easy to sell.
Do you know anybody who want's to purchase that plot of land? Do you know if there is another place walmart could purcahse the right amount of land they need?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2004, 02:50:41 PM »
all he's trying to say is:

not building the wal mart there is less of a damage to wal mart that it would be a damage to the culture stuff there

if wal mart was broke as fuck and its "life" depended on this single fuckin wal mart right there, then, it would be a different story. but it isnt.

of course regular ppl like you and me and him arent the ones to tell billionaires how to act unselfish and stuff. but then again, we can hardly talk about anything anymore.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2004, 03:17:14 PM »
all he's trying to say is:

not building the wal mart there is less of a damage to wal mart that it would be a damage to the culture stuff there

if wal mart was broke as fuck and its "life" depended on this single fuckin wal mart right there, then, it would be a different story. but it isnt.

of course regular ppl like you and me and him arent the ones to tell billionaires how to act unselfish and stuff. but then again, we can hardly talk about anything anymore.

Thank you.

It is not up to me to tell Wal Marthow to spend money or run the business. I'm just saying if I had bought land that turned out top be sacred ground to the people living around there then I would gladly sell it back. If I was as rich as Wal Mart then out of the goodness  of my heart I would preserve the land. However this does not mean that Wal Mart should have to do so, but they could if they wanted to and it wouldn't hurt them.

Like I said in my first post. How would New York feel if some Arab rich company bought the land to the World Trade Centre and turned into Arab Fun Land, an amusement park? It just doesn't seem right.