Author Topic: To the teenagers...  (Read 715 times)

DAYUM

To the teenagers...
« on: September 21, 2004, 04:02:22 PM »
Alot of yall know im 15, but i get moodswings ALOT like today i was happy going to 4th period then i tried to ask a girl for her homework paper so i could copy and she tells me hold the fuck on real mean and i got pist from the rest of the period and she tried being nice to me after that but i just ignored her but these moodswings happens alot... and plus ive been really happy and then getting depressed easily and it happened last year but it wasent this bad... and i think about suicide ALOT but i know myself i dont have enough balls to do it but i do think about it alot...

well what im trying to ask is does this happen to yall? i was talking to the only friend i could trust about it and she said its just part of bieng a teenager and stuff

BUT what WCC doesnt know is that i use to have to take anti depressents and anger management classes all through 7th grade becuase i use to be really depressed but my doctor ended up telling me its becuase i moved and i missed my old friends and family and i had a small case of it

would that have anything to do with it?

idk its just stuck in my head im trying to get it off my chest and i dont trust alot of ppl no more, sometimes i dont even like my best friends anymore and one minuite ill like this girl and the next minuite ill fucking hate her... damn im so confused??

any help from anybody?

and to the older peeps of this board did any of this shit ever happen to u when u were a teenager?

bez

Re: To the teenagers...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 04:58:44 PM »
You gotta just chill out more man.  Everyone gets stressed and shit at certain parts of their lives but you gotta just try and channel it more man.  Do something like running, writing, reading, boxing, whatever...just try and find something that you like doing that you can go to straight away when you get pissed off. 

Say if you where sitting at home and your parents got on your back or something and you started to get pretty pissed off, you could just up and leave and go for a run for half an hour or something, go to friends and chill out...you'll be amazed at what a little time on your own can do for yourself though, gather your thought and what have you.

All this suicide stuff though man, you need to quickly kill that idea.  If I am honest, I probably would of told you to fuck off too if you asked me for MY homework paper so you could copy it, why didn't you do it yourself? sounds very selfish to me. 

I suppose going through them love/hate periods is a part of being a teenager but you do need your friends man.  Try to just relax, what you gotta remember is that theres nothing in the world thats worth you feeling bad or even thinking of taking your own life.  If something pisses you off then just try look at it from another perspective, a fun/laughing one.  Instead of getting stressed out, laugh about it and look at it from a funny side - a positive side. 

Sad to hear about you on the depression pills and shit but again, if I am honest I don't know how people at such a young age can be depressed.  Sure you've moved away from friends and family but family will always be there...you can go and see them, phone, e-mail, text, whatever...and your old friends will too.  And, I bet you've got plenty of new friends too so in my book you've got everything you need not to be stressed out and depressed. 

But, its easy for me to sit here and type this...I'm not in the same boat as you.  If you still feel like shit after a while then I would talk to family/friends/teachers or go the doc's again or gets some advice from a clinic or counciller or something.  People around you are there too help you and to be true to you, you gotta start trusting em more and living each day as it comes.

Hope you get better mate.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »
Yeah I have tried that allot when I was like 16-18 years old..

From year 14-16: I remember having the moodswings you are talking about, and mostly when I was with my family.. I would all of a sudden get really angry without no real reason, and my mother got tired of it really fast but she understood that it was a part of being a teen..

From year 16-18: I began, like you said, having these small and some times pretty big depressions without no reason.. Happend allot when I was alone or drunk, that I all of a sudden began thinking about why I'm on this earth and what was the meaning of it all and stuff like that, or just thinking about suicide and what is beyond this life (even though I never would have done it, because in the end when I look deep inside me I know that I love life because it gives me a chance to be with my family, friends and so on..)..

So yeah I've tried it plenty of times back when I was a teen, but never really spoke to anybody about it because I thought that people might think I was crazy or something, so I shut my mouth..

What I would recommend to you is to maybe talk about it with someone you trust or love and to really just see it for what it is and try to move on (because I've talked to people later on that had it the same way back then, so its just a teen thing - though I don't think everybody has it in the same amount but allot do).. I even had a friend back then that tried suicide on himself once, took a knife and stabbed it in his own gut.. the thing was that this kid allways was really happy and had a good life, but he later told us that at that point it just said click inside of him without no real reason and in that one sec he just did it.. Thats why I think that these depressions is something, that when you get them, you just need to tell yourself really bad that its something you need to get away from and move on really quickly..

Hope I could help..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 05:15:30 PM by UDollar A.K.A Nino »
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 05:20:33 PM »
Do something like running, writing, reading, boxing, whatever...just try and find something that you like doing that you can go to straight away when you get pissed off.

Yeah I agree, doing stuff will get your mind away from the moodswings and depressions.. And when you are sitting there and thinking negative stuff to yourself, then just try to find some positive ones and kill the others.. Beacause when you think about it some people around the world have it allot damn worse then us and they still fight, so why should a little depression kill us.. that might also help..
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

bez

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 05:31:59 PM »
Oh, you gotta quit smoking weed too.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 05:35:29 PM »
Don't let shit stress you out, enjoy high school and your teen years. I wish I didn't take shit so serious back then.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 06:42:09 PM »
1) stop drinkin and smokin so much
2) take time out to enjoy life
3) have fun with life.. dont mean u gotta be wasted
4) pick up a hobby
5) suicide, dog, not the answer, ive though about it too, but its like,  why would i end the one chance i have at life cause of some currect problems...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 07:23:35 PM »

Howard Dean

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 07:43:20 PM »
^1 for you and AG.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 08:03:11 PM »
^how did u know his name?

Howard Dean

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 08:04:48 PM »
^how did u know his name?

My uncle is John Edwards.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 08:06:06 PM »
 ::)

Howard Dean

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 08:12:50 PM »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 08:41:56 PM »
Most likely the combination of alcohol and marijuana is throwing you into a chemical imbalance, likely enhancing the one you already have if you've been diagnosed previously.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

SGV

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »
This happens to everyone. I doubt there's ANY kid out there who never went through this. What you gotta do is be more open. That was my biggest problem. I'd hold in so much anger, so when it came out, it was crazy. I was liable to kill someone or myself when I got that angry. Finally, I was able to talk about it to people and it worked a lot. For a good 6 or 7 months I rarely got upset. Lately, I've been feeling a little down, but that's cuz I been holding things in, plus I got a lot of bad news within hours. But, it'll work out. I'm getting over it. Like someone said earlier, suicide is NOT the way. You're not doing anything by killing yourself. You're losing out on life, you're so young,  you ain't lived a day in your life yet. Another thing, if someone's rude, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they're rude again, then keep it moving. Don't let it get to you. Just cuz they mad, don't mean you gotta be mad. Brush it off. Go to school, handle ya handle and that's that. Start building a sense of humor, it's a great way to let anger out, without people knowing you're angry.

I'm still down to help you out homie. Just hit me with a PM if you need.