Author Topic: Rick Rock - Definitely one of the most underrated  (Read 134 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Rick Rock - Definitely one of the most underrated
« on: September 21, 2004, 11:24:35 PM »
I have only known about Rick Rock since 2000 when I heard "Change the game" but I did "research" and found out he did a lot of tracks before then, and I also have been on a lot of the tracks he's done since 2000, mainly on E-40 and Fabolous albums.

I think his style is definitely one of the most universal but unique styles that I have heard from a west coast producers. As much as I love Quik, Battlecat, and Fred Wreck's music, I think Rick Rock is better at makin commercial/party style tracks that every coast can feel. Bad thing is, I know that most people in L.A. don't even know who he is, and they don't know all that he has done. I remember SGV or somebody was in shock that I didn't know who he was until 2000, but who's to blame for that?

Overall....after hearin "breath, stretch, shake" from Ma$e, I think it is proof that the west coast sound itself is still alive in some way. If the west comes back to the scene, I hope he is one of the top producers that everybody gives props to.

Suga Foot

Re: Rick Rock - Definitely one of the most underrated
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 11:27:29 PM »
I love his style.  Not many people know that he co-produced "Ain't Hard 2 Find" with  Mike Mosley on All Eyez On Me.

$leezy$leez

• Lil Geezy
  • SssShhh I'm Talking.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 01:33:31 AM »
yeah ric roc is dope.

check out my website at http://www.bigslim.cjb.net number 1 & 12 are ric roc's beat's.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 11:02:26 PM »
i love all his beats

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 10:28:44 AM »
not many ppl know that Ric rock started his carear with CMW on the Music to drive by and We come strapped albums.. much respect to him..
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -