Author Topic: WCC needs a radio  (Read 576 times)

ecrazy

Re: WCC needs a radio
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2004, 07:34:13 PM »
Why dont we just buy Stream Hosting? Its only 10 bucks a month, a dollar a broadcaster is all it would cost....
Is that like shoutcast hosting? What about the ASCAP and BMI license charges?

Is there a shoutcast host out there that takes care of the license fee's like live365 does?

THe Licenses Are what are going to kill this, they cost $95 bucks each...?? whos down to pay that....not seer. hes gonna prob. put a dollar in, so is everyone else, so that leaves us with $90 dollars to pay for at least A ASCAP license, but then we need a BMI License

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 07:37:48 PM »
we need to rob a bank

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004, 09:06:02 PM »
I could host a good show. It's not like I actually do anything, I could easily commit an hour a week or so.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2004, 10:22:38 PM »
if we do this we gonna need the dj's to all have high internet upload speeds so the station can handle alot of listeners  that will help get a loyal listener base... cuz i've done this shit before but my dsl upload speed was only 13k/sec could only get about 3 listeners at a time and i had to broadcast it as  lo fi

so make sure yall consider all that
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 10:24:16 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

ecrazy

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2004, 10:48:14 PM »
Im looking At Starting my own Westcoast only radio show, I really want all the Westcoast sites (dubcnn, Dubcc, Westcoast2k, wcrydaz, etc.) To Sponsor Me, but i know that aint going to happen. And i want this to be really Legit too, but i know most of the webmasters at theses sites are not down to pay $30 a month to sponsor me, so that leaves me in the blue.....cuz i aint got that much money, and im about to lose my job come the end of the month, so that leaves me with less money to spend, and sponsors would really make paying all the legal things more easier....trust me, sponsors first (if you want to make this legit)

Woodrow

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2004, 09:21:58 AM »
THe Licenses Are what are going to kill this, they cost $95 bucks each...?? whos down to pay that....not seer. hes gonna prob. put a dollar in, so is everyone else, so that leaves us with $90 dollars to pay for at least A ASCAP license, but then we need a BMI License
Where did you find out that it's 90 bucks a piece? All I could find was some shit saying that you gotta pay a fee per song played, and that it's gotta be a a minimum of $500 bucks per year...

Do they have a special internet broadcast license?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2004, 06:55:32 PM »
I wanna do my own show on this shit too, I can play a grip of tite shit

DAYUM

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2004, 07:06:23 PM »
I wanna do my own show on this shit too, I can play a grip of tite shit

if i get the hook ups ill let u  run sum shit cuzz i know u got some good ass music i just need to find an easy way to get this radio started up

Woodrow

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2004, 07:52:43 PM »
Here's the plan:

Stage 1: feasibility
State 2: planning
Stage 3: execution

If you want this done, we need to figure out the costs and requirements needed to put something like this on.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2004, 04:29:54 PM »
Here's the plan:

Stage 1: feasibility
State 2: planning
Stage 3: execution

If you want this done, we need to figure out the costs and requirements needed to put something like this on.
I agree completely.  Does anyone have anymore info?  Another solution is to record your own radio show, like an hour long show or whatever, then upload it on yousendit and have everyone donwload it.  This would of course be a last ditch effort.

ecrazy

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2004, 12:01:51 AM »
Where did you find out that it's 90 bucks a piece? All I could find was some shit saying that you gotta pay a fee per song played, and that it's gotta be a a minimum of $500 bucks per year...

Do they have a special internet broadcast license?

Yea they do, go to www.bmi.com or www.ascap.com and search for Web Broadcasts or download their license form and its somewhere in all that paperwork, i think ascap has something where you can choose what kinda broadcast you are doing and download a specific form, so it makes it easier to look for