Author Topic: Doggystyle album question  (Read 464 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Doggystyle album question
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 04:52:09 PM »
Waaaaayyyyy back....two CD's when it first hit...the 3rd a little while after that......got all the cassettes in trades with my friends back in the day. I had the CD's so I wanted the cassettes for the collection :)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »
I had the OG on tape. I remembering buying the CD, listening to it the first time and was like, damn, something is missing. At the time, I just figured it was a bonus track, 'cause Murder Was The Case and Above The Rim had bonuses on tape, and only Above The Rim had Dogg Pound bonus on CD. Of course, you had 2 'Pac tracks on tape, so tape was better to own. I just thought that it was a tape bonus. Later I found out that it was on CD, and now I kick myself. I should have bought it on CD, even though I didn't have a CD player, the CD is classic. I did reburn it for myself, adding the track where it should be, right before Bump Bump, but it's not the same.  :-\

Acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 07:22:23 PM »
Fuck ya'll! I got this shit on tape still. That's how O.G. it is. LOL.

That was a sick jam. But, when a jam is released in 93, it's a little tough to appreciate it 10+ years later.

you mean like how bob marley is a legend?  or how about elvis presley?  or do the beatles ring a bell?  How about this guy called jimi hendrix?  who cares how old a song is.  the great thing about music is it can last forever.  I'd rather bump a rap song from 93 over any of this new crap released nowadays any day of the year.  And songs from 93 that I have played well over 1000 times still sound more fresh then the garbage released last year that I get tired of after about 5 listens.  IMO the older the song is, the more it can be appreciated.  There ain't an album dropped in the last 5 years that is even half as good as doggystyle.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 08:52:15 PM »

That was a sick jam. But, when a jam is released in 93, it's a little tough to appreciate it 10+ years later.

you mean like how bob marley is a legend?  or how about elvis presley?  or do the beatles ring a bell?  How about this guy called jimi hendrix?  who cares how old a song is.  the great thing about music is it can last forever.  I'd rather bump a rap song from 93 over any of this new crap released nowadays any day of the year.  And songs from 93 that I have played well over 1000 times still sound more fresh then the garbage released last year that I get tired of after about 5 listens.  IMO the older the song is, the more it can be appreciated.  There ain't an album dropped in the last 5 years that is even half as good as doggystyle.
That's real...

daggo

• 'G'

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 05:36:30 AM »

i agree 10000%...

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 06:25:31 AM »
re-up di bloodclaat tune,mon!

SGV

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 09:40:25 AM »

Sure...They're legends and made great music, but the total experience is gone. But, it seems it's the monthly problem for you, I'll let you go.