Poll

Which of the two Internet Browser is better?

Firefox
2 (40%)
Avant
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Avant vs Firefox + Where can I download Avant?  (Read 376 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Avant vs Firefox + Where can I download Avant?
« on: October 04, 2004, 06:02:40 PM »
I am currently using Firefox, but I heard Avant was better, so I'd like to give it a try...Which do you prefer, and does anyone have a link to download Avant? Thanks.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Avant vs Firefox + Where can I download Avant?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 06:03:06 PM »
avant

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 06:12:35 PM »

eS El Duque

DAYUM

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 07:57:46 PM »
avant

Jome

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:00:34 PM »
Firefox 0wns, and here's why..

The best thing about it, is that you can make it do just about anything you want by downloading extensions..
It comes as only 5MB, so it doesn't come with 1000's of features you don't want/need, and is lightning fast.

Here's how I set mines up:  (Scroll right to see the rest)

And of course: configurable pop-up stopper & configurable adverts/banner/flash-blocker:

(I haven't seen 1 single advert/banner in 3 months now..  ;D )

Besides this, I installed "Image Zoomer", and a leet feature called "Dictionary Search" which works like this:

Hitting "Dictionary Search for 'Advertisements" brings up a new window where dictionary.com shows the results..  :)

And of course, it crashes 100 times less than IE/Avant/MyIE, and it's the fastest browser in the world..  :cheers:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 08:04:52 PM by Jome »

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 08:05:42 PM »
dont let jome fool u Avant is better

Jome

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 08:13:06 PM »

Can Avant block all advertisements and banners from websites ?
Does it have a pop-up stopper.. ?
Does it have a good e-mail program, if any at all.. ??
Can you search directly in your favorite search engine.. ??
Does it have a notepad built into the browser ??
Does it have a download manager ??
Can you put your favorites in pull down menus.. ??
Can you zoom on images.. ??
Is it faster than Firefox or Opera.. ??
Can you make it search directly in the dictionary by just highlighting a word.. ?
Can you download extensions/plug-ins for it.. ?
Can you download new themes for it ??

Unless you can answer yes on all questions without lying, Firefox wins..  ;D
If yes on all questions, it's a draw.

DAYUM

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 08:57:04 PM »

Can Avant block all advertisements and banners from websites ? most of them
Does it have a pop-up stopper.. ? yeah
Does it have a good e-mail program, if any at all.. ?? i dont know
Can you search directly in your favorite search engine.. ?? yeah
Does it have a notepad built into the browser ?? wtf do u need that for?
Does it have a download manager ?? maybe
Can you put your favorites in pull down menus.. ?? yes
Can you zoom on images.. ?? yes
Is it faster than Firefox or Opera.. ?? yes
Can you make it search directly in the dictionary by just highlighting a word.. ? why the hell would i do that?
Can you download extensions/plug-ins for it.. ? it doesnt need any
Can you download new themes for it ?? doubt it

Unless you can answer yes on all questions without lying, Firefox wins..  ;D
If yes on all questions, it's a draw.

i answered them and plus that shit dont even come with firefox didnt u say u had to download a plug in?

Jome

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 09:12:13 PM »
"Doubt it, maybe, dunno, most of them, wtf do you need that for, why would I do that, doesn't need any.."
Sounds like a half-assed browser..

Btw, I forgot: Can it handle tabbed browsing.. ??

(Installing extensions is easier than downloading a mp3.. "Hit install", Confirmation screen: "Install", done..)

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 09:15:33 PM »
yeah it has good tabbed browsers

and plus who would wanna download plugins?

DAYUM

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 09:19:57 PM »
and u can also translate languages can Firefox do that?

Top 10 reasons to use Avant Browser

Flash Animation Filter: More than 85% of all flash animation on web pages is advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save this bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading.

Built-in Pop-up Stopper: Easily eliminate unwanted pop-up pages automatically with just one click.

Additional Mouse Functions: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. And there are two handy mouse gestures in Avant Browser. The first allows you to navigate backward one step by holding the right button down and then clicking on the left button simultaneously. The second allows you to navigate forward one step by reversing the buttons used: hold left, and click right.

Multi-Window Browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously. All opened pages can be easily stopped, refreshed, closed or arranged with one click.

Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode: When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.

Built-in Yahoo/Google Search Engine: Avant Browser provides a built-in search engines, Yahoo and Google. Built-in search engines enable user to search for web pages, images, groups, directories, news, lyrics and software in Internet. International users will be glad to know that you can set avant to utilize any of up to 64 google mirrors by default!

Full IE Compatibility: Avant Browser comes with all Internet Explorer functions, including Cookies, ActiveX Controls, Java Script, Real player and Macromedia Flash. IE bookmarks are automatically imported into Avant Browser.

Records Cleaner: With Avant Browser, you can easily keep your privacy by deleting Typed Addresses, Auto-Complete Passwords, Cookies, History of Visited Web Sites, Temporary Internet Files and Search Keywords.

Safe Recovery: If Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup.

Skins: Express your creativity by making a skin for Avant using a custom, easy to use program called Avant Browser Skin Factory, or use any of the many and varied skins made by other users.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 09:28:20 PM »
From what I'm reading in this thread so far, Firefox sounds better...Dunno yet, I'm gunna try Avant soon.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 09:36:39 PM »
and u can also translate languages can Firefox do that?
Flash Animation Filter
Built-in Pop-up Stopper
Additional Mouse Functions
Multi-Window Browsing
Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode
Built-in Yahoo/Google Search Engine
Records Cleaner
Safe Recovery
Skins

Yup, got all that.

Better yet..
Searching from the toolbar isn't restricted to Yahoo or Google though, Firefox can search on any searchengine, and any site with a search feature..
Firefox doesn't only have the option to block Flash, it can stop ALL advertising/banners, as 70-80% of adverts are not flash based.
Mouse functions fo sho, but Firefox can use "Mouse gestures", which some say makes surfing a lot faster, haven't tried it myself though.

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 09:40:03 PM »
ok jome fine u win im still useing Avant tho