8 (53.3%)
Part II
4 (26.7%)
Actually, I like Part III best
0 (0%)
can't decide
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Godfather Pt. I vs Pt. II  (Read 435 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Godfather Pt. I vs Pt. II
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2004, 05:00:14 AM »
I am one of the biggest movies fans you'll ever meet.

But I aint never seen the godfathers.

lol.

ok, to not have seen some of the greatest films in movie history, thats one thing. but to come in a thread and say it like its somethin to brag about? ummm slap yourself.

Loney slap your face!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2004, 12:34:30 PM »
^^ that's kinda sad really...but me i gotta admit the list of movies i ain't seen or not completely includes "Raging Bull", "Taxi Driver", "Clockwork Orange"...some very basic shit too

Raging Bull and Taxi Driver are classsics, but Clockwerk is just weird. I don't know what Kubrick was doing because he ruined the book for me. The book was great when I first read it, but then I saw the movie and all that stupid imagery stuck in my head and stays wit hme when I read the book. I can't read it anymore. Good thing I read it first because in this case the book really is way better. For your own sake, don't watch the movie first.

but that's what many people who read the book to a movie and watched it afterwards say, u always hear that "the movie ain't as good as the book"...Kubrick is weird but ure the first person ever to tell me u disliked that movie

The thing is, I rarely ever say the book was better. I'm not much of a book guy, but I hated that movie. Every thing was done so odd and loony to me. I feel he failed to capture what the story was about, by making it so odd. I like Kubrick, but I hated this movie. I mean the camera angles, music, etc, are all artistic, but the story seems to play second fiddle to that, and the story in this case should be in the forefront. Look at Spartacus, Kubrick did a great job putting the story first there. In Clockwork Orange, to me at least, it's like the pictures come before the words and actions, when I feel the pictures should help express the words and actions, not become entities of their own.

I think people like it because they think they're supposed to. I'm no huge movie buff or anything, but every person that read the book hated the movie. Even the people I know who hate books, loved the book but hated the movie.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2004, 01:39:28 PM »
^^ ok, i see where ure comin from, but not having seen the movie i can't debate on that of course

bez

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2004, 02:37:41 PM »
I am one of the biggest movies fans you'll ever meet.

But I aint never seen the godfathers.

lol.

ok, to not have seen some of the greatest films in movie history, thats one thing. but to come in a thread and say it like its somethin to brag about? ummm slap yourself.

Loney slap your face!!

lol......I just aint never seen it...thats all.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2004, 10:24:42 AM »
^^ ok, i see where ure comin from, but not having seen the movie i can't debate on that of course

Keep in mind, I don't really hate the movie. I just hate the way it takes away from the story that the book told so well. It's still great, cinematically, but I feel it could have been just as good in that regard with no story what so ever. Let me know what you think when you see it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2004, 03:39:01 PM »
^^ aight, don't know when that will be but if i remember i'll tell u