Author Topic: Can someone explain to me how a president gets elected  (Read 436 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Can someone explain to me how a president gets elected
« on: October 09, 2004, 09:13:45 AM »
make it simple..i was told that popular votes dont count for shit... that fuckin makes me mad.. please explain

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
Re: Can someone explain to me how a president gets elected
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 09:17:38 AM »
no popular votes don't count,its what the people vote that counts.......

they add up the votes from every state and when they have their count of who got more that person wins..........

like bush may be popular but that still doesn't mean he will win.........Understand?
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 09:37:01 AM »
you win by having the most points, which you get from the states...some worth more than others...i dont even live in USA and i know this shit!

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 09:44:37 AM »
Popular vote decides how many electoral votes you get.

You need 270 electoral votes to win the presidency.

Depending on your population size, determines how many electoral votes you get. Thats why candidates always go for states liike New York, California, Michigan, Ohio, Florda, and texas.

So popular votes do count, they decide how many electoral votes you get for your candidate.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 09:49:10 AM »
Popular vote decides how many electoral votes you get.

You need 270 electoral votes to win the presidency.

Depending on your population size, determines how many electoral votes you get. Thats why candidates always go for states liike New York, California, Michigan, Ohio, Florda, and texas.

So popular votes do count, they decide how many electoral votes you get for your candidate.

I disagree, candidates rarely go for NY, Cali and Texas. NY & Cali vote Democrat almost every election, same with Texas and Republican support. They're not really swing states.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 09:52:45 AM »
http://people.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college1.htm

kind of a kick in the nuts.. means popular vote really dont mean shit

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »
http://people.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college1.htm

kind of a kick in the nuts.. means popular vote really dont mean shit

Yeah but there's no system in the world that is just popular vote, is there? I know in Canada and Britain the system is even less fair than the electoral college.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

pappy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 10:07:37 AM »
no popular votes don't count,its what the people vote that counts.......

they add up the votes from every state and when they have their count of who got more that person wins..........

like bush may be popular but that still doesn't mean he will win.........Understand?

i kno how the voting process works but after readin this post im like :eh:

pappy

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 10:09:23 AM »
white boy thet never taught you about the electoral college in school.  In school for me they didnt even teach me the basics like spelling an grammar but the taught us about the electoral college.  and especially after what happened last election i thought every1 learned what the electoral college was.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 10:12:54 AM »
white boy thet never taught you about the electoral college in school.  In school for me they didnt even teach me the basics like spelling an grammar but the taught us about the electoral college.  and especially after what happened last election i thought every1 learned what the electoral college was.
i never payed atention.. but i still managed to pull straight As

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 10:17:51 AM »
what i meant with the states i mentioned were the states that had the most electoral votes.

And yes popular votes does matter. If the entire state of texas only voted democrat then every single electoral vote from texas would go to the democratic candidate.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 10:20:49 AM »

Hell I learned in school about the electoral college and I'm not even in the US.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 10:21:22 AM »
what i meant with the states i mentioned were the states that had the most electoral votes.

Ok, I thought that's what you meant but I was just attempting to clarify.

Paris

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 10:22:41 AM »
I had to take government class in 11th grade. We had to learn how the whole governmental system works in the USA

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 10:25:45 AM »
i heard that on tv a looooooooong time ago :laugh: