Author Topic: All u computer masters....GET IN HERE !!!  (Read 124 times)

Fabulous_Verstyle

All u computer masters....GET IN HERE !!!
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:33:49 AM »
i have a lil problem, im running Windows 95, yeah i kno its pretty old, but i need Win95 for a computer program im doing. the thing is, everything is working arite on it, except for the USB ports and my USB mouse, its not working, tell me what to do or if i have to download a USB driver or a USB mouse driver or somehting, kaz im going nuts, its hard to use a computer without a mouse. so any help would be appreciated.

Thirteen

Re: All u computer masters....GET IN HERE !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 11:42:17 AM »
windows 85 might not be compatible with some USB mice ... you might want to use that old port in the back or get a cheap mouse that you can plug back there

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 12:03:08 PM »
Windows 95 doesnt do USB full stop homie.

however...  Windows 95 OSR2 did come with USB support.. but it was kinda fucked up and wasnt a proper implementation.

Windows 98 and Windows ME support USB fully.

(for those interested in Windows NT based O/Ss... Windows NT4 doesnt support USB either but Windows 2000 and Windows XP do.)

I know.. One thing I do is make drivers for USB hardware at my "real job" :)

My suggested.. solution...

Did your USB mouse come with a  USB to PS/2 convertor? this allows you to plug the USB mouse into a PS/2 port.

I've had to do this before with my USB mouse as i used a KVM (switchbox).

If you dont have one, try to get one off someone who has one spare.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 12:06:30 PM by Overseer »

Fabulous_Verstyle

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 12:12:02 PM »
thts kinda strange, kaz my keyboard is USB, its working, my web-cam is USB and its working fine too.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 12:14:16 PM »

You said the USB ports arent working? now u say they do work?

if the other USB stuff works you're running Win95OSR2 .. it'll tell you if you right-click "my computer"

in which case you'll need to try find a driver.. otherwise do the thing i said about with a convertor.