Author Topic: Firefox Downloading problem.  (Read 156 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Firefox Downloading problem.
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:58:53 PM »
When I right click an MP3 link to download it, it only lets me save it as an MPEG file (unless I label it with .mp3 at the end)...It wasn't doing this before, it just happened out of the blue...It used to do this on Explorer also...So how do I fix it so it automatically saves as an MP3 file?

Jome

Re: Firefox Downloading problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 07:23:28 PM »
Try going into Tools -> Options -> Downloads -> check that mp3 is in the "File types" list and make it say "Save to disk".
Make sure that mp3 is enabled in the plug-in box in the right corner as well.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 07:40:46 PM »
For some reason, mine isn't listing MP3 anymore...Check:

What do I do now?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 08:09:33 PM »
No thanks, I'm tryna fix the problem, not get rid of it.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:38:10 PM »
I see that you for some reason have set RealPlayer to open all kinds of movie-types.. mpeg, avi, etc.
Wouldn't be surprised if RealPlayer fucks something up with the rest of the computer as well.. it tries to take over everything.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:38:16 PM »
fire overseer lol. anyways i ran into only problems when i installed firefox so it had to go.

Jome

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 09:45:54 PM »
fire overseer lol. anyways i ran into only problems when i installed firefox so it had to go.

Well, it's obviously not Firefox fault, cuz he said the same thing happened with IE..
I would install Winamp, and let Winamp handle nearly all media-types, RealPlayer only causes fuck-ups for me.

And yeah, fuck that wigga White Bwoy.  :scarface: :grumpy: :loco:

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 10:12:26 PM »
im jsut saying my experience with firefox was not good. when it was installed my IE would take like 10 minutes to load up a page. and when i uninstalled it everything went back to normal. so firefox was the issue without a doubt. I dont know much about comps but i know it was conflicting with something and i dont want to deal with all that work to sort out their bugs in their program jsut to view the internet.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 10:17:48 PM »
Well, I figured out the problem...MP3 was unchecked in my WMP default options. As soon as I re-checked it, my Firefox downloading went back to normal...PeACe

Jome

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 10:19:10 PM »
im jsut saying my experience with firefox was not good. when it was installed my IE would take like 10 minutes to load up a page. and when i uninstalled it everything went back to normal. so firefox was the issue without a doubt. I dont know much about comps but i know it was conflicting with something and i dont want to deal with all that work to sort out their bugs in their program jsut to view the internet.

Strangest thing I ever heard.. lol

Well, I figured out the problem...MP3 was unchecked in my WMP default options. As soon as I re-checked it, my Firefox downloading went back to normal...PeACe

RealPlayer assigned all file-types to itself ??

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 10:23:26 PM »
Yea, it just happened...RealPlayer started taking over shit...I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 12:51:22 AM »
thats why realplayer blows. Bsplayer, VLC Player are the best that I've used for movies and Winamp for music
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface