Author Topic: Everyday Republicans Explain Why They Oppose Bush  (Read 226 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Everyday Republicans Explain Why They Oppose Bush
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:30:48 PM »
Click the link:

http://www.errolmorris.com/html/election04/election04_mo_taylor2.html

There are plenty more if u browse around the site.

tommyilromano

Re: Everyday Republicans Explain Why They Oppose Bush
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 06:35:22 PM »
Wow, your a homo. No I am not a bush supporter that is just a gay website.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 08:14:27 PM »
cool website

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:17:21 PM »
Good post.  That site is maintained by Errol Morris who is a well regarded film maker. 

He also was the developer of the highly popular Apple ads that featured ordinary people, and some celebrities, explaining why they switched to the Mac.

His most recent film was "Fog of War." See the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001L3LUE/qid=1098501206/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/002-5219029-2508834?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

This series of ads were a take off on his Apple ads that feature ordinary people, and some high ranking government officials, giving short 30 second explanations of why they switched from voting Bush in 2000 to Kerry in 2004.  All of the people featured in the ads were Republicans that voted for Bush in 2000.

The one I linked you too was only one of many. 

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:18:59 PM »
lmao ok, what now, go kerry? lmfao

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 08:24:04 PM »
It must be frustrating to support a candidate who u have nothing good to say about that actually holds up to critcism. 

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 08:32:49 PM »
I'm supporting Bush in spite of Kerry lol

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

tommyilromano

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 08:36:09 PM »
Supporting either candidate as much as some people do here is stupid.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 08:59:52 PM »
Randomly making baseless attacks is stupid.  Do you understand the difference between an opinion and an argument?

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 01:46:54 AM »
I don't think you have an opinion Ant. Seems to me like you're just going with people you view as "smart" and "influential" have to say.

That’s a sorry ass way to live your life. You can post up as many opinions pieces and propaganda videos as you want, but the only thing it shows is how much of a follower you've become. It's cool; let others do the thinking for you. It's much easier and convenient that way, and I don't blame you for taking the easy way out. It's clear you don't see or understand the long term threats this nation faces. Keep living in your fantasy world supported by your "intellectual" thinkers.

You can keep posting up articles bashing republicans, and making fun of conservatives, but I'm and everyday republican, and I'm supporting Bush. Post up all the shit you want about how out of touch with reality I am. It doesn't bother me. I'm not the one grasping for straws on a west coast rap message board.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 04:33:15 AM »
^ and, your candidate is about to win the presidency.  Again. 

dexter

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 07:04:55 AM »
Fire BUSH

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 09:38:21 AM »
I don't think you have an opinion Ant. Seems to me like you're just going with people you view as "smart" and "influential" have to say.

That’s a sorry ass way to live your life. You can post up as many opinions pieces and propaganda videos as you want, but the only thing it shows is how much of a follower you've become. It's cool; let others do the thinking for you. It's much easier and convenient that way, and I don't blame you for taking the easy way out. It's clear you don't see or understand the long term threats this nation faces. Keep living in your fantasy world supported by your "intellectual" thinkers.

You can keep posting up articles bashing republicans, and making fun of conservatives, but I'm and everyday republican, and I'm supporting Bush. Post up all the shit you want about how out of touch with reality I am. It doesn't bother me. I'm not the one grasping for straws on a west coast rap message board.

And your also not the one that has anything positive to say about your candidate.  Why would you want to support a guy whose record you can't even defend.  I posted a lot of opinions, but I posted a lot of information too.  If you read any of the links I offered you they offered analysis of why Bush is bad for America.  But let's try again with a few obvious ones:

1.  He protected the pharmaseutical industry after they donated millions to his 2000 campaign.  Americans phamraseuticals do not have to worry about competition from foreign markets, and because of that they are allowed to charge higher prices than otherwise wuodl be allowable.  It should be noted that the pharma industry is historically the most profitable industry in America. Milton Friedman, the famous conservative, and also a nobel laureate,  attacked the idea of protectionism, specifically for the drug market, way back in the 70s.  You can read his analysis in "Free to Choose." 

2.  He ran a record deficit 2 years in a row and is responsible for the largest deficit swing in U.S. history.   If I am correct, budget management is a republican agenda.  Apparently not for this adiministration.

3.  Or how about... No WMD in Iraq, No Coalition in Iraq... all assumptions leading up to the war proved false.

4.  Or how about a state department report saying that terrorist incidents have increased every single year since Bush began his war on terror.  And recruitment has gone up as well.

5.  Or how about the fact that while the war in iraq costs us about 150 billion.  We only spend about 30 billion on homeland security. 

6.  Or how about the fact that George Bush has never done anything sucessful in his life other than campaign for political office.  Two failed businesses, he traded sammy sosa, he averaged C's during HS and College, he was an admitted alcoholic, his own college dislikes him, and my brother actually goes to his H.S. and he is not well regarded there either.  In fact, Andover Academy voted 2-1 for Gore in a mock election during 2000 mainly because of the poor reputation that George left at the school.

Your not benefitting yourself by blindingly supporting a candidate just because he labels himself "republican." And unfortunately I am not qutoting people I believe are "smart" or "influential" I am postin about people who are respected worldwide for their intellectual achievements.  Go look up who William Sharpe is, or Merton Miller, Paul Samuelson, and the other 7 nobel laureate economists who have spoken out against Bush's disasterous economic agenda. 

Go to the Union of Concerned Scientists and read their analysis of how the Bush Administration has dealt with the scientific community. 

I'm not following anyone's opinion.  I am proud to say that I stand on the side of intelligence in this debate.  Meanwhile there is no one credible sticking up for George W.

In case you have forgotten, this is a discussion forum.  If you don't like discussing the ideas I put forward I suggest you stop posting in my thread.  Just like the majority of Bush supporters, you've came on and said you'd rather stick your head in the sand and just dismiss me rather than think and discuss.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 09:40:43 AM by Ant »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 09:45:41 AM »
^ and, your candidate is about to win the presidency.  Again. 

Regardless of who wins, a Bush win is going to hurt you more than it will hurt me.  I'm already financially stable, with a good job, and a respectable degree.  You have a bigger stake in who wins than I do.  But unlike the pseudo-patriots I take my patriotism seriously, and am supporting a candidate who will actually be good for America.  Meanwhile you go on supporting a candidate just to prove your good at being stubborn.