Author Topic: **important** DUBCC is moving server...... not yet... after the weekend now :)  (Read 401 times)

Don Seer

i got bored of updating it..

it used to be that you had to mail me your silly message and i'd put it up in the news... so they'd all show randomly

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
put it up again over
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
so wen exactly is dubcc going offline and for exactly how long

Don Seer

duration "as long as it takes"

we're moving server (not host)

to a new faster "empty" server... with our current host..
to do this i need to do a DNS update.. which is a 24 hour thing..

however.. as soon as I can open the site again it will be open, so it might take a lot less...

i started to do the update the other day, and for some people the DNS was screwed within a couple housr..
and i put it back once i realised there was an issue with it (which has caused this delay).. some people never even noticed the chance...

Trauma-san

This is no slam or even a comment on you, O, but I never understood what's with all the updates and shit.  I realize sometimes servers fill up and use more bandwith, but the updates to the forum never do anything but make the shit more bloated and complex, and usually it doesn't perform any better than it ever did, all the while it's adding more shit that can fuck up.  I'm not talking about extra 'bells and whistles', either, I'm just talking about how they constantly update scripts and programs with useless shit, basically.  For instance, is Windows XP REALLY any fucking better than Win 95 was? Not really.  There's certain new things that are nice, but not enough to warrant the expansive memory/performance differences necessary.  That's just one example, of course, but many programs are the same.  In other words, a board update is unnecessary.  I realize you pretty much HAVE to do it or get left behind, but I'm speaking more about the developers here.  It's just a waste of time and a big headache for you, basically. 

Don Seer

2 reasons...

1) we got hacked before remember? thats because i hadnt done a security update to the forum within a few days of it being released.

2) the forum has been slow or inaccessible at certain times of the day. us moving to an empty server will stop that. and isnt costing a thing apart from a few hours downtime.

Jome

What's the status.. ??

Don Seer

actually.. i'm thinking about doing this tonight. :)

Jome

Whoa, 49 seconds reply without even me telling you about it on mirc.. :o lol
Will there be downtime.. ?

Don Seer

yeah... could be around 24 hours downtime.. which is why i've been stalling..

also it seemed to be better for a bit, but its become a bit worse again in the last few days.

Don Seer

upgrade done...

de-stickied and locked.