Author Topic: CNN... Kerry Concedes...  (Read 279 times)

Don Seer

CNN... Kerry Concedes...
« on: November 03, 2004, 09:21:54 AM »

"Democratic Sen. John Kerry phoned President Bush on Wednesday to concede the presidential election, aides in both camps said."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/election.main/index.html

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: CNN... Kerry Concedes...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 10:39:44 AM »
Just read this too.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 10:53:31 AM »
He's gonna be on pretty much every American TV station in about 7 mins.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »

i should run over there and see this shit live... i'll be back  8)

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 10:56:26 AM »

Better hurry up cause they just got on stage.

tommyilromano

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »
LOL.. ;D I think this is funny. People really cant say shit about this election Bush won the popular vote and the electoral vote.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 01:18:45 PM »

Better hurry up cause they just got on stage.

i missed it  :(... there were way too many people... couldn't see much... just like last night.  However, I did get to see the Black Eyed Peas, Sheryl Crow, and Bon Jovi live... it was pretty cool, but there were too many peeps and we were really far from the stage.

Anyway, I didn't vote for your ass Mr. President, but you won nonetheless.  This country is deeply divided... this is a problem.  Mr. President, I really hope you have a plan to unite this country again and make us stronger than we are right now.  Tell us the truth and don't use fear to hold a nation captive.  We will remember what you promised and will hold you accountable to follow through on those promises.  I disagree with you on almost every issue, but you have been re-elected and therefore I wish you good luck in making us the "United" States of America again.  I know this can be accomplished without having to sacrifice our rights, civil liberties, and going bankrupt.  At this point, it doesn't matter whether going to war was a mistake or not... now it's time for you to finish the job and get the fuck out of Iraq... quick!  Mark my words... if you decide to "flip-flop" on your promise of an "all-volunteer" army and institute a draft... you will have hell on your hands.  The way to make yourself stronger is to start from within... focus on our domestic issues... fix the problems at home and get yourself some more friends... this is how we win the war on terror.  Please realize and admit that our current effort in Iraq is not working as well as it should.  If you want to avoid domestic conflict like the civil rights movement in the 60's, please make wise appointments to the Supreme Court.  I respect your religious convictions, but they should never be mixed into your political decisions... especially when deciding whom to appoint to a court whos job it is to dispense "blind" justice.  Separation or church and state is there for a reason... our founding fathers escaped Europe for religious freedoms (among other things)... please don't impose your faith on others.

Big ups to both sides... let's move forward!

Peace  8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 02:09:46 PM »
^ You sound like a child asking his daddy for help.  What do you want to do, have Pres. Bush sit you and me down and get us to shake hands and hug? 

The simple truth is, the nation needs to 'unite' itself.  Bush can't wave a magic wand and make you people not be mad that he was elected... again. 

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 02:27:31 PM »
^ You sound like a child asking his daddy for help.  What do you want to do, have Pres. Bush sit you and me down and get us to shake hands and hug? 

The simple truth is, the nation needs to 'unite' itself.  Bush can't wave a magic wand and make you people not be mad that he was elected... again. 

Sometimes you make some really good comments and other times you say some stupid shit... but I guess that's your charm on this board.

Bush is the leader of this country.  It is his job to do everything possible to help ALL Americans... he said so himself a few hours ago during his victory speech.  As an elected official in our democracy he answers to you and I... he needs to be accountable to the people.  Bush needs to keep his word... if he doesn't, people have a right to call him on it.  I know he can't wave a wand and make everything be honky dory, but it's his job to LEAD this country... even those that don't necessarily agree with him on every issue. This country is divided down the middle and he needs to work on uniting the nation... it won't happen on its own.   I'm not mad... dissapointed yes... mad no.  I don't want or need Bush to sit you and I together to "shake hands and hug"... he needs us to continue discussing and debating the issues which makes our democracy great.

peace  8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 02:32:12 PM »
Let's just hope and pray for the next 4 years that Bush leads the country in the right direction......like the way out of Iraq.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »
Well, Sir, if you don't think he's a 'leader' after what he's done since 9/11, you never will.  You're a lost cause in that regard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this is the best place to say it, since it's about Kerry's Concession (spelling?).

Kerry came through for America today.  He finally put down the politics, and acted with the dignity, the honor, and the class that a presidential candidate, by definition a true patriot, should have.  He realized the harm a long drawn out court battle would suffer upon the country, and just Conceded, even though it meant him waving goodbye to his life's work, his life's dream, the ultimate jewel in his crown.  He threw away his ambition, his anger, his disapointment, and the ambition, anger, hopes, and dissapointment of everyone he represented, damn near half of the country, and Conceded, for the greater good.  That makes him a TRUE American, willing to sacrifice the fight for what he wanted, for the greater good of us all.  God bless him for being so gratious as to do that for us.  

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 02:43:53 PM »
Let's just hope and pray for the next 4 years that Bush leads the country in the right direction......like the way out of Iraq.

funnily the news here was saying that "if not".. iran "is next"

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »
Trauma - IMO he has not been a good leader.  That's not to say he hasn't done good things as president... I just think for the most part he sucked.  I hope the next 4 years are different than the last.

---

Anyway, here is a letter from John Kerry to his supporters: (I got it via email a few hours ago)

Dear Supporter,

Earlier today I spoke to President Bush, and offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory. We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need, for unity for finding the common ground, coming together. Today, I hope that we can begin the healing.

In America, it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for our campaign to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election.

It was a privilege and a gift to spend two years traveling this country, coming to know so many of you. I wish I could just wrap you in my arms and embrace each and every one of you individually all across this nation. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

To all of you, my volunteers and online supporters, all across this country who gave so much of themselves, thank you. Thanks to William Field, a six-year-old who collected $680, a quarter and a dollar at a time selling bracelets during the summer to help change America. Thanks to Michael Benson from Florida who I spied in a rope line holding a container of money. It turned out he raided his piggy bank and wanted to contribute. And thanks to Alana Wexler, who at 11 years old and started Kids for Kerry.

I thank all of you, who took time to travel, time off from work, and their own vacation time to work in states far and wide. You braved the hot days of summer and the cold days of the fall and the winter to knock on doors because you were determined to open the doors of opportunity to all Americans. You worked your hearts out, and I say, don't lose faith. What you did made a difference, and building on itself, we will go on to make a difference another day. I promise you, that time will come -- the election will come when your work and your ballots will change the world, and it's worth fighting for.

I'm proud of what we stood for in this campaign, and of what we accomplished. When we began, no one thought it was possible to even make this a close race, but we stood for real change, change that would make a real difference in the life of our nation, the lives of our families, and we defined that choice to America. I'll never forget the wonderful people who came to our rallies, who stood in our rope lines, who put their hopes in our hands, who invested in each and every one of us. I saw in them the truth that America is not only great, but it is good.

So here -- with a grateful heart, I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I've come to know our vast country so much better and that prayer is very simple: God bless America.

Thank you,

John Kerry

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 02:55:04 PM »
^^ Like I said, Total Class Act. 

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 02:59:40 PM »
^^ Like I said, Total Class Act. 

Props man... whenever I'm in North/South? Carolina we can have a beer   :cheers:

Peace  8)