Author Topic: Snoop Dogg's R&G Is Already 2x Platinum!  (Read 1119 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: Snoop Dogg's R&G Is Already 2x Platinum!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2004, 11:40:59 AM »
Ah, I think I may have a theory behind these huge numbers. Pre-orders will be placed all over the world, and that doesn't necessarily mean that all two million pre-orders are coming from USA. So, Snoop could end up selling about a quarter of this domestically in his first week and somewhere over two million WORLDWIDE. Still a huge hit for Snoop no doubt, but when I first read this I thought it meant that Snoop was gonna debut on the ''Billboard'' charts with over two mill sold! Same with Em, when I read that he had 3.5 mill pre-oders I assumed that he could do first week numbers of four million!

Yeah, that's my guess. Still, even if pre-orders are being counted worldwide I'm assuming that the majority will still come from America - so Snoop is  bound to make a great entrance on the charts!

Now, I bet I'm the only person who thought that these sales were for USA only. No wonder I found this so...unbelievable ;D
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 11:45:42 AM »
Ah, I think I may have a theory behind these huge numbers. Pre-orders will be placed all over the world, and that doesn't necessarily mean that all two million pre-orders are coming from USA. So, Snoop could end up selling about a quarter of this domestically in his first week and somewhere over two million WORLDWIDE. Still a huge hit for Snoop no doubt, but when I first read this I thought it meant that Snoop was gonna debut on the ''Billboard'' charts with over two mill sold! Same with Em, when I read that he had 3.5 mill pre-oders I assumed that he could do first week numbers of four million!

Yeah, that's my guess. Still, even if pre-orders are being counted worldwide I'm assuming that the majority will still come from America - so Snoop is  bound to make a great entrance on the charts!

Now, I bet I'm the only person who thought that these sales were for USA only. No wonder I found this so...unbelievable ;D
[/quot

Good theory props! I don't think either that snoop can push these major numbers in his first week.
Outselling the marshall mathers lp is only possible if your name is dre, em or fiddy and to be honest I dont even see them selling more units than em's second lp.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 11:55:59 AM by Florez »
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2004, 11:51:34 AM »
I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION.  IS THE ALBUM BETTER THAN PAID THE COST?
Please i need to know,coz thats was the only snoop album i didnt listen to up to 10 times.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2004, 11:55:30 AM »
Are you guys sure they don't mean orders by the store? Like retailers ordered 2 million for the first week, so that they have some loeft over for a couple weeks. I find it hard to believe that Snoop is going to break the solo record for albums sold in the first week, if Em doesn't break it with 3 million. My guess is Snoop sells 400,000 to 600,000 and Em sells 1.2 million.

yep. I was jstu about to post this. There is no way thats first week sales, that just mean the amount the store is ordering in jsut so they dont' run out of copies because they know the em and snoop albums will be pretty big blockbusters, but still when they are ordering that many copies of yer album first week you know it's gonna be huge so i'm guessing 500,000 - 700,000 for snoop and anywhere from 1,000,000 - 1,300,000 for eminem.

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2004, 12:02:05 PM »
thats alot

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2004, 12:06:33 PM »
Are you guys sure they don't mean orders by the store? Like retailers ordered 2 million for the first week, so that they have some loeft over for a couple weeks. I find it hard to believe that Snoop is going to break the solo record for albums sold in the first week, if Em doesn't break it with 3 million. My guess is Snoop sells 400,000 to 600,000 and Em sells 1.2 million.

yep. I was jstu about to post this. There is no way thats first week sales, that just mean the amount the store is ordering in jsut so they dont' run out of copies because they know the em and snoop albums will be pretty big blockbusters, but still when they are ordering that many copies of yer album first week you know it's gonna be huge so i'm guessing 500,000 - 700,000 for snoop and anywhere from 1,000,000 - 1,300,000 for eminem.

Co sign... i don't think Snoop will hit platinum in the USA his first week. Em might break a little bit past platinum. Neither album will go past 5x in the US
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2004, 12:08:53 PM »

Eminem dropped today...he has 3 daysto sell so im guessing he'll sell around 300K copies...but the full week next week should be around a mill
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Itchy Balls

• Lil Geezy
  • None.
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2004, 01:18:25 PM »
^ i'd guess they do count..

if a record isnt on sale you cant count the pre-orders... basically a pre-order is a guaranteed first week sale...

Sorry Nima, but you are wrong.  When they say Pre Orders, they mean what the stores have already ordered.  Basically, Snoop is shipping Double Platinum (2 Million).  Pre orders have nothing to do with first week sales.  That means that there will be 2 million copies in stores, thats all.  Trust me, Snoop ain't selling more than Eminem first week.  Plus, you have Lil Jon, Chingy, and Destiny's Child out the same week.  He'll be in the top 4 with my prediction of 200-300 sold first week.

School is dismissed.

Itchy

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2004, 01:33:38 PM »
thats a surprise... congrats to snoopthough....

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2004, 01:47:43 PM »

if a record isnt on sale you cant count the pre-orders... basically a pre-order is a guaranteed first week sale...

Sorry Nima, but you are wrong.  When they say Pre Orders, they mean what the stores have already ordered.  Basically, Snoop is shipping Double Platinum (2 Million).  Pre orders have nothing to do with first week sales.  That means that there will be 2 million copies in stores, thats all.  Trust me, Snoop ain't selling more than Eminem first week.  Plus, you have Lil Jon, Chingy, and Destiny's Child out the same week.  He'll be in the top 4 with my prediction of 200-300 sold first week.

School is dismissed.

Itchy

he's selling more than that first week trust me. If the stores ordered more than 2 million for the first week than they are obvoiusly expecting pretty big sales which means in excess of at least 400k most likely over 500.

Jome

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2004, 09:49:34 PM »
they were explaining that snoop had moved his cd up on billboard.com they said the reason behind the push forward was the heavy demand

Better known as "been on the internet for a week".  :D

acbaylove

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2004, 03:59:28 AM »
So if Spider Loc signs with the Neptunes he'll go platinum? ;D

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2004, 07:34:47 AM »
thats huge...but i somewhat expected him to sell more than paid tha cost which had beautiful on it, cause EVERYONE i know is feelin that drop it single
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2004, 07:38:35 AM »

School is dismissed.

Itchy

why are you calling me Nima?

and secondly.. i was responding to the original poster who said that the 2 mill _were_ pre-orders. get your facts straight mr itchy 'cant get off deez...' nutz

Itchy Balls

• Lil Geezy
  • None.
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2004, 11:07:48 PM »

School is dismissed.

Itchy

he's selling more than that first week trust me. If the stores ordered more than 2 million for the first week than they are obvoiusly expecting pretty big sales which means in excess of at least 400k most likely over 500.

Should I still trust you?  I predicted it exactly.  Believe me when I say I know my shit.  I work in this business, I'm not just a fan.