Author Topic: Are white hip-hop heads ashamed to be in love with black culture?  (Read 310 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
More than anything, hip-hop's most relevant social issue has become is race.  Rappers no longer actually rap about anything relevant, gone are the days of 2pac, KRS-1 and Public Enemy.  Yet still, hip-hop remains controversial when it comes to the race factor, because of it will be forever mired in one undeniable truth.  That right now, most of the rap artists are black, yet most of the people who buy the music are white.  When the influence of African American culture on rock@roll music, and upon the psyche and development of white youths is pointed out, white hip-hop heads become defensive, and often lash out.  These outbursts are largely due to the feeling amongst many white hip-hop heads, that they are outsiders in the art form they love and respect so much.  This feeling is complemented by comments from peers that they are "wiggers" and that they are "trying to be black".  They are embarassed to be passionate about the artform they love so much.

Many could never give up the habit of hip-hop music. What they do however, is while being hip-hop fans on the inside, they are overtly white and alternative on the outside.  They are ashamed that so much of their lives have been spent absorbed into the mind state of African American males, that they end up becoming enemies unto themselves.

For example, white people hated Eminem when he first came out.  They felt like, "how dare Eminem be so comfortable amongst another culture, he should be more catious, he's embarrasing himself, he's sounding too black!"  That is why, many of these "white hip-hop heads" were the first to reject Eminem when he first came out with the Slim Shady LP, and now years later they are the ones claiming he was only dope in the beggining, with the Slim Shady LP, and that he's gone wack since then.  They claim his illest stuff was his guest apearances back in 98' and 99' but they forget that they never gave any of his music a chance until almost 2000. 

There's a simple explanation for all of this.  White rap fans are suffering from an identity crisis.  They don't want to be seen as being too black, yet at the same time they can't get enough of the black mans music and lifestyle.  White rap fans are going to be bound by this identity crisis until they erase their ancestors historically racist past from their inner conscience, and begin accepting the best of what this world has to offer, even if it comes from another race or culture. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 03:27:11 PM by Hip-Hop Is Dead »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

Re: Are white hip-hop heads ashamed to be in love with black culture?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 03:38:26 PM »
There's a simple explanation for all of this.  White rap fans are suffering from an identity crisis.  They don't want to be seen as being too black, yet at the same time they can't get enough of the black mans music and lifestyle.  White rap fans are going to reliving this identity crisis until they erase their ancestors historically racist past from their inner conscience, and begin accepting the best of what this world has to offer, even if it comes from another race or culture.

Hip Hop isn't about race.  It isn't about black men.  It's about whatever you want it to be about.  To some, it's about partying and having fun.  To some it's about Drugs.  To some it's about entertainment.  And for you, it's about race, because you want it to be about race.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 03:46:36 PM »
More than anything, hip-hop's most relevant social issue has become is race.  Rappers no longer actually rap about anything relevant, gone are the days of 2pac, KRS-1 and Public Enemy.  Yet still, hip-hop remains controversial when it comes to the race factor, because of it will be forever mired in one undeniable truth.  That right now, most of the rap artists are black, yet most of the people who buy the music are white.  When the influence of African American culture on rock@roll music, and upon the psyche and development of white youths is pointed out, white hip-hop heads become defensive, and often lash out.  These outbursts are largely due to the feeling amongst many white hip-hop heads, that they are outsiders in the art form they love and respect so much.  This feeling is complemented by comments from peers that they are "wiggers" and that they are "trying to be black".  They are embarassed to be passionate about the artform they love so much.

Many could never give up the habit of hip-hop music. What they do however, is while being hip-hop fans on the inside, they are overtly white and alternative on the outside.  They are ashamed that so much of their lives have been spent absorbed into the mind state of African American males, that they end up becoming enemies unto themselves.

For example, white people hated Eminem when he first came out.  They felt like, "how dare Eminem be so comfortable amongst another culture, he should be more catious, he's embarrasing himself, he's sounding too black!"  That is why, many of these "white hip-hop heads" were the first to reject Eminem when he first came out with the Slim Shady LP, and now years later they are the ones claiming he was only dope in the beggining, with the Slim Shady LP, and that he's gone wack since then.  They claim his illest stuff was his guest apearances back in 98' and 99' but they forget that they never gave any of his music a chance until almost 2000. 

There's a simple explanation for all of this.  White rap fans are suffering from an identity crisis.  They don't want to be seen as being too black, yet at the same time they can't get enough of the black mans music and lifestyle.  White rap fans are going to be bound by this identity crisis until they erase their ancestors historically racist past from their inner conscience, and begin accepting the best of what this world has to offer, even if it comes from another race or culture. 

You obviously need attention even if all you get in return is negative. im glad you kept it on the subject of hip-hop like you claim to do and not dragged race into it.... :tosser:

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 04:28:18 PM »
 :tosser:

man get a fuckin life.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 11:39:24 PM »
You're ashamed your daddy's a drunk.... don't really know about the rest, but I do know that. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 12:25:25 AM »
Get laid amigo. It's discussions like this that keep people from getting along.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 12:43:37 AM »
Because of the nature of this board, most here are not included in this observation, but I will say this. White people are not the ones ashamed of being hip-hop heads. It's the white higher ups that are not putting out hip-hop. MTV, BET (now owned by Viacom with MTV), the Clear Channel stations, the Radio One stations, the owners of lables. White higher ups were the ones complaining about hip-hop, so they bought it. The race issue in hip-hop also comes from the 2Pac's and Public Enemy. I remember after Biggie died, white rap fans stopped listening to rap. I asked them, why you stopped listening, and they said straight up, you can only hear the message so many times before it gets old. And it's true, for people who cannot relate, it's hard listening to black people say how hard it is when you are not black and struggling. So hip-hop was bought buy the white man, and made into a money making industry, in ways the original Jive, Tommy Boy an Def Jam could not imagion. Death Row sold because of interest and controversy. The lables found a safe way to market hip-hop to the masses. Though at the true cost of the art form, Death Row and labels that exploted the music... hurt the music. But the true hip-hop... now in the form of Talib Kweli and Common, it's almost exactly how it always was. Public Enemy and KRS-One had their salls, but never on the level of Hammer, Snoop, LL Cool J. The only exception is 2Pac, but the GOAT always is different

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Throwback

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 05:01:12 AM »
i dont care much aboot africa.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 06:37:23 AM »
Now why the hell would any white guy or girl right in his mind be ashamed of their love for hip-hop? Yeah it's deeply rooted in black culture, but so what? We're all a part of the same "rainbow nation" as Desmond Tutu would say.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 06:40:23 AM »
this shit is really starting to get boring... ::)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

C-Swift

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 06:43:39 AM »
No because they are the ones raping the culture that Blacks created in the South Bronx out of frustration with their desolate surroundings, it is time Blacks took it back by boycotting Clear Channel, MTV, BET, and others who contribute to the triviality of hip-hop  

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 07:25:57 AM »
There's a simple explanation for all of this.  White rap fans are suffering from an identity crisis.  They don't want to be seen as being too black, yet at the same time they can't get enough of the black mans music and lifestyle.  White rap fans are going to reliving this identity crisis until they erase their ancestors historically racist past from their inner conscience, and begin accepting the best of what this world has to offer, even if it comes from another race or culture.

Hip Hop isn't about race.  It isn't about black men.  It's about whatever you want it to be about.  To some, it's about partying and having fun.  To some it's about Drugs.  To some it's about entertainment.  And for you, it's about race, because you want it to be about race.
Amen.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 08:18:51 AM »
I like french fries much more than sauerkraut, pizza more than anything and spaghetti more than bockwurst... yet I know that Im German and I also know that Im definitely not in an identity crises trying not to behave too italian or something. I'm not ashamed of what I eat and I definitely havent erased any history from my conscience.

In other words your post sucks.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin