Author Topic: Nas is gonna shutt the Rap game with this one...  (Read 549 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas is gonna shutt the Rap game with this one...
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 06:01:04 AM »
lol don't EVER listen to Jome when it comes to hiphop...

:P

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 07:15:54 AM »
Illmatic, Stillmatic, It was written are all better by a mile. Album is nothing too special. I dont know how you can possibly expect less from a Nas CD than this.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 09:45:38 AM »
His best work probably lays within three albums "Illmatic","Stillmatic" and "The Lost Tapes" ...."God's Son" wasn't all that at all, I mean it had some dope tracks but collectively speaking it was about a 6.5\10 and  "It Was Written" was one of his worst....
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 10:41:23 AM »
^LMAO lord i hope that last statement was a joke

this album is ok.....i listened to it yesterday....it has some really tight tracks and a few really lame ones....Virgo & bridging the gap are horrible tracks...there are a few other songs i didnt really like....the rest i really did like for the most part....my only problem with the album is for some reason it sounds very repetitive to me....i dont know why because the production isnt really all that similar from track to track....but it just doesnt please me the way a nas album usually does....i will keep listening and hope it grows on me though. i'd probably give it a 6/10

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 10:45:06 AM »
i do have to say though that nas' flow in some of the songs is really good...ehe really ripped the first song on the album....his flow actually impressed me through a lot of it and the lyrics are pretty decent

lain_83

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 10:58:42 AM »
i really like the album. to be honest, it's one of my favorite records this year.

Jome

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 11:05:52 AM »
lol don't EVER listen to Jome when it comes to Nas...

So you mean Nas is shutting down the rap industry with this CD.. ??  :D

It happens every time Nas drops a CD.. "OMG the god is back", "Oh shit Nas bringing another classic", "Nas taking it back to the streets", blah blah blah.
Nastradamus wasn't classic, Stillmatic wasn't classic, God Son was very very far from classic, and Streets Disciple is not classic.

It's crazy how people overrate Nas CD's on this board, not even the Eastcoast boards dickride Nas as much as this board.
If Nas could deliver albums as strong as the 4-5 standout tracks on most of his albums, THEN we could maybe start talking classic.

pappy

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 12:15:49 PM »
lol don't EVER listen to Jome when it comes to Nas...

So you mean Nas is shutting down the rap industry with this CD.. ??  :D

It happens every time Nas drops a CD.. "OMG the god is back", "Oh shit Nas bringing another classic", "Nas taking it back to the streets", blah blah blah.
Nastradamus wasn't classic, Stillmatic wasn't classic, God Son was very very far from classic, and Streets Disciple is not classic.

It's crazy how people overrate Nas CD's on this board, not even the Eastcoast boards dickride Nas as much as this board.
If Nas could deliver albums as strong as the 4-5 standout tracks on most of his albums, THEN we could maybe start talking classic.

jome gets his opinion on what the east thinks about nas on sohh.com.  The next month couple of months will be nas's months.  No1 is anticipating shit from anyone else right now.  Plus besides jome (has a hard on for jay-z) an se7en, every1 is sayin this is dope

Jome

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 12:41:25 PM »
jome gets his opinion on what the east thinks about nas on sohh.com.  The next month couple of months will be nas's months.  No1 is anticipating shit from anyone else right now.  Plus besides jome (has a hard on for jay-z) an se7en, every1 is sayin this is dope

Lmao.
I peep other Eastcoasts boards as well, LOL @ bringing Jay-Z into every Nas discussion.
Everybody said God Son was dope as well, and a few months later..  ::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 12:42:33 PM »
i actually have to agree with jome on a couple things....this is not classic nor will it be nas taking over anything....nastradamus definetely wasnt classic....i would put stillmatic very close to classic and gods son also.....but this is just not up to nas abilities....i dont think its going to make a whole lot of an impression in rap

pappy

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 01:10:09 PM »
just the fact you get your opinion on what the new york thinks of nas is sad.  Plus are people bring up nastradamus, every1 said that was wack from the word go

Jome

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 03:46:47 PM »
Hah, you'z funny Tom.
Just because you live in N.Y. doesn't mean that N.Y. = The whole Eastcoast.
Most other boards got a more sober image of Nas than this board, but you can go ahead and praise your coy, I won't stop you.
I got 4 Nas CD's myself, but I'm not planning on jumping on the bandwagon.  :nawty:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2004, 04:04:17 PM »
Jome, if i remember right didn't you claim that 50 was better than Ras Kass, LOL...I really don't get your Nas hating lately though. You usually have pretty good taste.  I get the feeling that you don't like Nas cause of all of his Jesus references.  Nas is easily my most anticipated cd this year.  You honestly don't like Stillmatic? There was ONE wack song on that album - braveheart party.  God's Son? i really liked this one too - revolutionary warfare, get down, made u look, heaven, book of rhymes - shit if you say this is better than that album, i'm hyped.  i've only heard bridge the gap, which at first i wasn't feelin, but it grew on me like a motherfucker.  LOL at everybody bringin up Nastradamus - yeah that was his worst album, but i've bumped the fuck out of EVERY one of his other albums. He's one of the very few reppin real hip hop these days.  These young cats just don't know. Peace

bez

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2004, 04:15:54 PM »
Everyone of Nas's albums are dope, you just gotta love his shit to love the albums.  God's Son still gets constant play in my cd player, simply because Nas is my favorite rapper, therefore I love the album.  I even think Zone Out is dope.

Jome

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2004, 04:23:09 PM »
Jome, if i remember right didn't you claim that 50 was better than Ras Kass, LOL.

NO.

I really don't get your Nas hating lately though.

Yeah, I'm a Nas hater because I don't glorify the man, label all his albums as "classic" after 3 days, and don't call him "god".. okay.  ::)
That's a funny thing on this board.. everybody who says one negative thing about Snoop or Nas, is automatically a "hater".  :D

I get the feeling that you don't like Nas cause of all of his Jesus references.

That's part of it, it gets too much, and the constant references to himself as Jesus, God or God son, or Messiah, he could start a religion about himself.  ::)
Even Daz & 50 Cent combined doesn't think as much of themselves as Nas.. that should say a whole lot.

You honestly don't like Stillmatic? There was ONE wack song on that album - braveheart party. God's Son? i really liked this one too - revolutionary warfare, get down, made u look, heaven, book of rhymes - shit if you say this is better than that album, i'm hyped.

Braveheart Party wasn't the worst track on Stillmatic, it's just because it's more of a party/BS track that everybody denounce it.
Stillmatic was a good, solid CD, but classic.. ?? Hell naww, way too much filler for that.

God Son became boring quickly to me, just like Stillmatic, even though God Son was a step down.
I didn't really play those CD's for more than 4-6 weeks, God Son for 3-4, Stillmatic have some replay value, but not God Son.