Author Topic: Bought Half-Life 2 today  (Read 361 times)

Jome

Bought Half-Life 2 today
« on: November 17, 2004, 01:22:40 PM »
It took damn near 30 minutes just to register, download activation-files, bullshit surveys etc.  Way too much security.

But god damn, the gfx are amazing  :o and probably the best AI in any game, and it's only 30 mins into the game.

Woodrow

Re: Bought Half-Life 2 today
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 01:56:59 PM »
It took damn near 30 minutes just to register, download activation-files, bullshit surveys etc.  Way too much security.

But god damn, the gfx are amazing  :o and probably the best AI in any game, and it's only 30 mins into the game.

I've been playing since 12:15am on tuesday! I thought the whole "steam" process went really well.

The game is fucking GREAT!

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 02:05:49 PM »
I remember watching the video for this game like over a year ago.  it looked fucking amazing.  LOL, the whole time I was watching it too, I thought it was Halo 2, until someone told me differently.  the game looks like its gonna revolutionize video games.  I doubt I'll ever play it tho.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 06:43:17 AM »
nah, it's too late. I'm skippin it till it comes to xbox or if I upgrade my PC (which will most likely not happen)
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 08:40:18 AM »
nah, it's too late. I'm skippin it till it comes to xbox or if I upgrade my PC (which will most likely not happen)

DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 03:37:38 PM »
amazing game, i can sit there for hours beating peoples faces with crowbar. it's cool the way everything moves like it's real.

lain_83

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 10:02:01 AM »
i'm downloading it right now (actually, i just want to check out the story mode since i don't really care about cs:source). one of my friends showed me the game this week and it was a fairly impressive experience. :D

btw: Half.Life.2.OFFLINE.ACTIVATION.PATCH-oWNAGE.rar ;)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 12:03:21 PM »
Got mine on Wednesday. Installation was a breeze, no problems with the Steam system or anything. The game fucking rocks. I haven't found a single thing I don't love about the game - the shit's even better than the fanboys hyped it up to be, at least in my opinion. The graphics, the physics, the sounds, the animations, the gameplay, the AI... It's all there. Plus the physics actually play a part now, instead of being only eye candy. (None of that "Ooh I shot at that box and it fell to the floor" stuff here. More like "I picked up a radioator from the wall, deflected incoming bullets with it and then threw it at the guys face while he was reloading.")The human characters look so amazing I can't believe it - full lip synching, their faces changing due to their emotions... Plus the gravity gun, once you get it, is excellent entertainment by itself.

Also, you don't need a brand new kickass rig to run it, like Doom 3 did. The engine scales itself down according to your specs, but from the screens I've seen the game looks excellent on even the wackest computers. (Of course you won't get the sweetest graphical stuff, like accurate shadows, reflective water and all that.) But I certainly don't have the latest technology on my computer, and I can run the game with everything set to high with 1024x768 resolution and there's no slowdown at all. I just don't get anti-aliasing, but I don't care about that anyway.

This game is  8)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 07:08:06 PM »
well ive played through the beginning. It's a really good looking game. Thats the most i could say for doom 3, and i was afraid that i was going to say that about HL2 also.

But im not. This game has a great story (they give you tidbits at a time).

Im having fun every minute i play this. The AI is amazing. The sound effects are awesome. Im loving every minute of this game.

More to come when i finish the game.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 02:13:19 AM »
This game does look VERY sweet...but I know I'm gonna need a new GFX Card for it, and I don't wanna drop $150-200 on a decent one.  I'll wait for it to come to Xbox...which it will...eventually.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 02:41:09 AM »
Well, you don't need the latest video card to run it perfectly. I got a Radeon 9800 Pro, and like I said, everything set to high with 1024 x 768, no slowdown at all.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 05:11:05 PM »
Well, you don't need the latest video card to run it perfectly. I got a Radeon 9800 Pro, and like I said, everything set to high with 1024 x 768, no slowdown at all.

Man, all I got is a Radeon 9200 SE...I can't run shit.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 02:42:39 PM »
i thought this game would flop.  glad to see it lived up to the hype.  i can't wait until it drops on the box.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 03:14:44 PM »
If I start playing that, my social life will come to an end.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Airtight

• Lil Geezy
  • Join Westside Rap Forum
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 07:16:57 PM »
HL2 Is Dope Dont Know If Its Gonna Make X-BOx Tho
Join WestsideRap Today

http://westsiderap.7.forumer.com/