Author Topic: Mayhem in Motown - Artest vs. Ben Wallence/Crowd  (Read 835 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Mayhem in Motown - Artest vs. Ben Wallence/Crowd
« on: November 19, 2004, 08:14:22 PM »
dayum, anyone see this? Artest and couple Pacer players went nuts, the Detroit crowd kept throwing shit on them after a fright broke out between Ben Wallence and Artest.

Suga Foot

Re: Mayhem in Motown - Artest vs. Ben Wallence/Crowd
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 08:16:16 PM »
yeah someone just told me about this, but I'm too lazy to turn on the TV too see highlights.

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 08:17:24 PM »
I just saw that on tv. LOL

Acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 08:49:14 PM »
yeah someone just told me about this, but I'm too lazy to turn on the TV too see highlights.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 09:28:28 PM »
missed the game (really wanted to watch it)

and to make matters worse i didnt get to see the fight....(checks for sportscenter)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 09:31:18 PM »
Motown melee
Pacers get into ugly brawl with Detroit fans at end of win
Posted: Friday November 19, 2004 11:20PM; Updated: Friday November 19, 2004 11:53PM

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Indiana's Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson charged into the stands and fought with fans in the final minute of their game against the Detroit Pistons on Friday night, and the brawl forced an early and ugly end to the Pacers' 97-82 win.

Officials stopped the game with 45.9 seconds remaining after pushing and shoving between the teams spilled into the stands and fans began throwing things at the players near the scorer's table.

"It's the ugliest thing I've seen as a coach or player," said Pistons coach Larry Brown, who was in the middle of the confrontation, trying to break it up.

After several minutes of players fighting with fans in the stands, the Pacers were pelted with beer, ice, and popcorn as they made their way to the locker room in one of the scariest brawls in an NBA game.

"I felt like I was fighting for my life out there," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "I'm sorry the game had to end this way."

The Palace announcer said the game was being stopped and pleaded with fans not to throw things.

It all started when Detroit's Ben Wallace went in for a layup and was fouled hard by Artest from behind.

Wallace wheeled around and pushed Artest in the face. The benches emptied and punches were thrown.

As the players continued shoving each other near center court and coaches tried to restore order, Artest sprawled out on his back on the scorer's table, looking relaxed.

Just when it appeared tempers had died down, Artest was struck by a full cup thrown from the stands. He jumped up, and charged into the stands, throwing punches as he climbed over seats.

Fans were punching back, and Jackson and another teammate joined Artest in the melee.

Detroit's Rasheed Wallace and Indiana's David Harrison were also in or near the stands.

As the crowd roared, drinks and debris showered the court and the Pacers players covered their heads as they hustled through the runway leading to the locker room.

A man in a Pistons jersey approached Artest on the court with fists raised, shouting at him. Artest punched him in the face, knocking the man to the floor before leaving the court. Artest was pulled away, and the fan charged back. O'Neal stepped in and punched the man.

"The NBA is withholding comment until it can review the incident," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said.

Pistons spokesman Tom Wilson said he did not believe anyone would be arrested.

Players from both teams left without comment.

Police prevented reporters from crossing the loading dock to get to Indiana's locker room or the area where the Pacers' bus was located.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/19/bc.bkn.pacers.pistons.ap/index.html
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 09:37:25 PM »
hell yeah. o'neal laid that fat mexican out.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:40:15 PM »
VIDEO[/size]
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

pappy

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:42:39 PM »
artest got fucked here.  Duke tried to back away an stay calm from wallace, he dont need no more trouble an then wallace contiues trying to start shit an than fans get involved.  Fucked up.. i could see artest seriously be suspended untill the all star break.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 10:42:53 PM »
^all star break,im sayin all 3 of em r gonna b suspended tha rest of tha season
will see tho

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 10:50:38 PM »
provokin big niggaz like that, dumb ass ingorant drunkies thought "what, they cant do anything...u think they will run up n hit me?" man Oneal and Artest laid niggaz out. woowee.

JBalfour4

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 10:57:27 PM »
YO I NEED GIF IMAGES QUICK

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 11:08:08 PM »
I saw that, that shit was ugly.

I think the NBA needs to send a message here. This was just way out of control and was bound to happen.

First off:
All fans throwing stuff should be arrested and charged with battery, disorderly conduct, etc.

Players:
Ben Wallace: 20 game suspension, no pay.
Jermaine O'Neal: 60 game suspension, no pay.
Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson: 2 year suspension, no pay.

That's how I'd handle it.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »
I think they're actions were justified, i mean come on...he threw a fuckin cup at him...80, no 90% of you know that if someone threw something at you, you were not going to just let them hit you like that...you gotta retaliate, Jermaine Oneal on the other hand just went and beat the shit outta everyone that Ron Artests didnt stomp out (hella funny BTW)..Jermaine's and the rest of the Pacers actions are justified due to the fact that it was their teammate getting beating by the Detroit crowed, so they had to go out and defend him...Detroit really needs to look how they handle security and handle the way they dispense liquor at games (shut down beer sales after 4min. into 3rd quarter or something along those lines)...And Security, woo....did u see that fat black guy in the grey sweater, he was a security guard for the palace...he was the first guy questioned, and i think he might be the first guy charged since he was easily identified (Source: KCAL channel 9)...But Yea, Detroit Fans Fault, maybe suspensions for a couple of games (Now maybe Ron Artest can pursue his Rap Career after all ::) )

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 12:02:54 AM »
The actions were justified...but either way, these fans are gonna make out with a NICE check out of this whole mess. Damn, buy a ticket to a Pistons game, collect the check after players lose their cool....