Author Topic: Rate 2pac's albums from best to worst.  (Read 548 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re: Rate 2pac's albums from best to worst.
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2004, 07:43:16 PM »
 The Don Killiliminaiti: The 7 day Theory - 5/5
 All Eyez on Me - 4.25/5
 Me Against the World 4/5
 Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z. - 3.25/5
 2pacalypse Now - 3/5
 R U Still Down(Remember Me?) - 4/5
 Until the End of Time - 4/5
 Better Dayz - 3.25/5

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2004, 08:04:32 PM »
The Don Killiliminaiti: The 7 day Theory - 5/5
 All Eyez on Me - 4.25/5
 Me Against the World 4/5
 Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z. - 3.25/5
 2pacalypse Now - 3/5
 R U Still Down(Remember Me?) - 4/5
 Until the End of Time - 4/5
 Better Dayz - 3.25/5

I can dig that
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2004, 05:37:44 AM »
We can all agree that pac gets better with each album.

Imagine what his next album would be like if didnt die :o

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2004, 12:42:15 PM »
1. Makaveli - Don Killuminati 7 Day Theory, 6/5....greatest album ever recorded
2. tie: Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me, both 5/5
3. 3-way tie: 2Pacalpyse Now, Strictly, R U Still Down, all 4.5/5 (all personal classics to me)
4. 3-way tie: Thug Life Vol.1, Resurrection sndtrk, & Still I Rise, 4/5
5. Better Dayz - 3/5
6. Until The End of Time - 2/5 (if the album was released OG, it would be a 4/5)

an amazing discography to say the least.....Pac got more classic songs than anyone else in hip hop by a landslide.

2Pacalypse Now is soooooooo underrated its not even funny. One of the most powerful and social/political albums ever made, and an absolute essential in Pac's catalog.

Holy shit, r u kidding, or do you really like Pac that much. Calling 7 Day Theory the greatest album ever recorded, and giving nine of his albums 4/5 or above seems pretty ridiculous to me. I respect your opinion, but I personally think giving Pac even one classic album would prehaps be stretching it a bit.

Well, he is my fav artist ever, so perhaps some of my ratings are a bit biased.....but for the most part, I stand by them. To say Pac doesnt even have one classic album though is pretty ridiculous, when he has THREE by a general consensus. And yes, I do think 7 Day Theory is the greatest hip hop album of all time. Im not going to explain or break it down in this thread, but if you wish to know why, go peep the review I wrote in the review forum.

Fan or not, he easily has one of the best catalogs in hip hop history and the body of classic songs he wrote is simply without equal.

I wouldn't say three by general concensus. AEOM is definitely not, 7 Day Theory is closer, and MATW closest, but I wouldn't consider any of them classics. I read your review of 7 Day Theory a couple of months back, and although there is no doubt in my mind that you consider it a classic, and I can see why you do, I have never really listened to the album and felt the same way about it that you do.

I just think that if you listen to any of the late eighties and mid nineties NY, early 90s west coast, or more recent indie albums that are considered classics, they all have that something extra about them that elevates them beyond Pac's considered classics.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2004, 01:34:51 PM »
Makaveli: The 7 Day Theory (Because he had something to say)
Me Against The World (Because he had something to say)

Then. . . . . Thug Life, All Eyez On Me, 2pacalypse Now, Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z.,

I don't call the rest Tupac albums, I call them garbage bootlegs.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2004, 01:40:02 PM »

I wouldn't say three by general concensus. AEOM is definitely not, 7 Day Theory is closer, and MATW closest, but I wouldn't consider any of them classics. I read your review of 7 Day Theory a couple of months back, and although there is no doubt in my mind that you consider it a classic, and I can see why you do, I have never really listened to the album and felt the same way about it that you do.

I just think that if you listen to any of the late eighties and mid nineties NY, early 90s west coast, or more recent indie albums that are considered classics, they all have that something extra about them that elevates them beyond Pac's considered classics.

All Eyez on Me is definitely a classic. It changed the rap game becoming the first double disk album and become the highest selling album.

Classic means it was an influential album back in the day.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2004, 02:29:03 PM »
^ all eyes on me was the 1st double disk.. r u sure..???

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2004, 02:41:47 PM »
on all pacs album he smashed it, GOAT.....IMO
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2004, 03:19:30 PM »
^ all eyes on me was the 1st double disk.. r u sure..???

In Hip-Hop.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2004, 05:19:01 PM »
1. Makaveli - Don Killuminati 7 Day Theory, 6/5....greatest album ever recorded
2. tie: Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me, both 5/5
3. 3-way tie: 2Pacalpyse Now, Strictly, R U Still Down, all 4.5/5 (all personal classics to me)
4. 3-way tie: Thug Life Vol.1, Resurrection sndtrk, & Still I Rise, 4/5
5. Better Dayz - 3/5
6. Until The End of Time - 2/5 (if the album was released OG, it would be a 4/5)

an amazing discography to say the least.....Pac got more classic songs than anyone else in hip hop by a landslide.

2Pacalypse Now is soooooooo underrated its not even funny. One of the most powerful and social/political albums ever made, and an absolute essential in Pac's catalog.

Holy shit, r u kidding, or do you really like Pac that much. Calling 7 Day Theory the greatest album ever recorded, and giving nine of his albums 4/5 or above seems pretty ridiculous to me. I respect your opinion, but I personally think giving Pac even one classic album would prehaps be stretching it a bit.

Well, he is my fav artist ever, so perhaps some of my ratings are a bit biased.....but for the most part, I stand by them. To say Pac doesnt even have one classic album though is pretty ridiculous, when he has THREE by a general consensus. And yes, I do think 7 Day Theory is the greatest hip hop album of all time. Im not going to explain or break it down in this thread, but if you wish to know why, go peep the review I wrote in the review forum.

Fan or not, he easily has one of the best catalogs in hip hop history and the body of classic songs he wrote is simply without equal.

I dont agree, but whatever.....

oh, and those 3 Pac albums are considered classic by an overwhelming consensus. Its not even really up for debate. When people list the best hip hop albums all the time, All Eyez on Me is one of the most common/popular albums listed, and Me Against The World and 7 Day Theory arent too far behind.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2004, 05:26:12 PM »

All Eyez on Me is definitely a classic. It changed the rap game becoming the first double disk album and become the highest selling album.

Classic means it was an influential album back in the day.

Basically.

AEOM isnt my fav album or anything, not even my fav Pac album, but its impact on the game is absolutly undeniable. It really is the blueprint (sorry Jigga) for which all mainstream rap albums are measured by, because of its sheer scope:  club bangers, hardcore street songs, west coast anthems and classic collab tracks, more introspective songs, etc.....All Eyez is the album EVERY mainstream rapper/mc dreams of making. And as you mentioned, it was hip hop's first double cd ever, thus setting countless trends. Nobody gave a fuck about making a double cd until Pac did it and sold 8 million+ (over 10 million now). Pac was the first rapper to put up MC Hammer type numbers and STILL maintain hip hop respect.

Not only was Eyez influential on the rap game, but it was a signifigant album in Pac's career. Before that album, he was a rap star, but Eyez was the album to launch him into being a global icon and the biggest artist of the genre.

Again its not my fav album ever but its most definatly a classic....the impact/influence it had along with the fact it propelled Pac from being a mere star into an ICON makes it one of the most enormous landmark albums of the genre.

I dare ANYONE to try and argue against these facts.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:28:16 PM by Hellrazor »

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2004, 05:27:17 PM »

oh, and those 3 Pac albums are considered classic by an overwhelming consensus. Its not even really up for debate. When people list the best hip hop albums all the time, All Eyez on Me is one of the most common/popular albums listed, and Me Against The World and 7 Day Theory arent too far behind.

Are you a gimmick or something?  Where the do you this bullshit from?  
"Overwhelming consensus"?  "All Eyez on Me is one of the most common/popular albums listed"?  Maybe on 2Pac forums or something but the real world, no.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2004, 05:29:45 PM »

Are you a gimmick or something?  Where the do you this bullshit from?  
"Overwhelming consensus"?  "All Eyez on Me is one of the most common/popular albums listed"?  Maybe on 2Pac forums or something but the real world, no.

Shut the fuck up and take your fantasy livin ass out of here man. If you cant see that Eyez is considered a classic by a majority, you are one blind motherfucker. I know you like the biggest Pac hater in the world, but keep your idiotic comments to yourself. Go preach your bullshit to someone who GIVES A FLYING FUCK.

Somebody remove this gimp from my nuts......goddamn.

And just to list some facts for you, Rolling Stone mag included Eyez in their "essential recordings of the 90's" list, New Musical Entertainment gave it a 9/10, and even the wackass Source recognized its classic status when they went back and reviewed older albums and gave it 5 mics. Me Against The World got 5 mics too....XXL labeled the album a classic. And furthermore, you ask most rap fans to list classic albums, it is almost always one of the albums listed.....along with Chronic, Doggystyle, Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Aquemini, E.199 Eternal, Paid in Full, etc......
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:35:42 PM by Hellrazor »

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2004, 05:38:35 PM »
Okay, I'm a hater but have all his albums and I rank him in the top ten of the best MCs ever. 
I never said All Eyez On Me isn't a classic.  In fact, I did label it a classic.

and you really shouldn't be talking about living in a fantasy world, really, look in the mirror.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2004, 05:41:40 PM »
All Eyez On Me is my favourite album of all time
Doggystyle a close second
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll