Author Topic: Grammy nomination anticipation thread  (Read 113 times)

Trauma-san

Grammy nomination anticipation thread
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:42:06 PM »
Well, the grammy nominations are announced tommorow, who do you think will be nominated? I hope Brian Wilson gets at least nominated for a couple of things, album of the year would be nice.  He's been generally ignored by the academy his entire career.... the good news is, if you go to www.grammy.com, they have a picture of Brian up on the main page, the day before the nominations are announced... so looks like they may finally bow to him a little bit.  The poll is even "what's your favorite Brian Wilson song" ! GO BRIAN!!!

I'll bet Usher wins huge this year.  There also should be some kind of recognition of Ray Charles. 

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
Re: Grammy nomination anticipation thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:16:45 AM »
usherrrr, of course. damn they fucked kanye up last year :'( and was it 50cent b4 that? when evanesence won the best new artist, or somthin... ???

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:11:20 PM »
Hey! He did it!  3 Nominations for SMiLE.  1 for best engineering (Mark Linett, who has handled the Beach Boys catalogue for years, great engineer)... 1 for best Pop Vocal album (which is fitting, since Brian's forte is vocals and harmonies)... he probably won't win Pop Vocal, I'll bet, because Ray Charles is nominated.  I didn't enjoy ray's album "Genius Loves Company" (a duets album) at ALL but I imagine they'll give him as much as possible, since he unfortuantely passed away.

Last, and strangest... he was nominated for best instrumental, for "Ms. O'Leary's Cow" (which was formerly known as FIRE)... this is the song that was the nail in the coffin for Brian, and famously compounded his insanity during the recording of the original album.  He was trying to represent fire in the studio, so he brought in a bunch of Firemen's hats, and set a trashcan on fire in the studio to get the vibe right.  LOL.  That night, a house burnt down near the studio, and Brian became convinced he caused it.  He thought that the exact opposite of the 'good vibes' he was trying to send out with the album had happened, and thought the tapes were possed or something, locked them away, and didn't listen to them again until the late 90's. 

Earlier this year, when they were rehearsing the live tour of SMiLE (which was the first time "FIRE" had been played, since the recording session in 1966)..... when they first started rehearsing "fire".... all the power blew out in the building.  LOL Thankfully Brian wasn't there or he probably would have freaked the fuck out and cancelled the tour. 

Brian said in an interview that on the new album, he intentionally made "Ms. O'Leary's Cow" "less scary" than the original "fire", but that's a bunch of bullshit, it's even worse.  It sounds like hell personified. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 05:16:06 PM »
this is the song that was the nail in the coffin for Brian, and famously compounded his insanity during the recording of the original album. He was trying to represent fire in the studio, so he brought in a bunch of Firemen's hats, and set a trashcan on fire in the studio to get the vibe right. LOL.
lol

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 05:54:11 PM »
Im hoping Jigga does good, I'll be real happy for him :)..

I guess Kanye should get some props too he had a good album.. and Jesus Walks was really dope

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 06:37:04 PM »
man i hope wayne get nominated, i dont care if he wins i just hope he gets a nomination. his cd was hot a fuck

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 06:49:27 PM »
man i hope wayne get nominated, i dont care if he wins i just hope he gets a nomination. his cd was hot a fuck
didnt happen
teena marie got one doubt she wins
but im mad black eyed pees arnt rap their pop, they were rap but then they picked up that chick