Author Topic: My Musical Plans Ruined again.  (Read 187 times)

Trauma-san

My Musical Plans Ruined again.
« on: January 13, 2003, 09:04:52 PM »
Well.  I'm always getting an idea in my head, that I could cover some old band's song, and make my own version, and get rich off of it.  A few years ago, It was gonna be the beatles, "In My Life", then some fag made a version for that movie "I Am Sam".

Well, for the past month, I've been thinking I'm gonna get famous for my version of Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over", and now these bitches on some new movie did a cover version.  

HBKid_Jr

Re:My Musical Plans Ruined again.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 09:54:27 PM »
Well.  I'm always getting an idea in my head, that I could cover some old band's song, and make my own version, and get rich off of it.  A few years ago, It was gonna be the beatles, "In My Life", then some fag made a version for that movie "I Am Sam".

Well, for the past month, I've been thinking I'm gonna get famous for my version of Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over", and now these bitches on some new movie did a cover version.  

do a cover of its raining men

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 11:31:02 AM »

Dam Trauma, lol.  Pick another 80s song and then quickly submit it to someone.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 12:03:30 PM »
Yeah, I got some I'm working on, LOL.  

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 12:14:49 PM »
See, I think somethings telling you to not do a cover version and instead make something original.  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 12:54:28 PM »
Yeah, but really, who cares about original stuff? lol my plan is to have an album with like 10 original songs, and 2 covers, and then see if they wanna pimp the cover, LOL.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: My Musical Plans Ruined again.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 08:58:34 AM »
i wana do covers of A day in the life and you never give me your money and some other piano orientated songs cause my freind can play that shit

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 07:46:38 AM »
remake "Uncle Fucka" from the south park movie

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 04:51:24 PM »
Well.  I'm always getting an idea in my head, that I could cover some old band's song, and make my own version, and get rich off of it.  A few years ago, It was gonna be the beatles, "In My Life", then some fag made a version for that movie "I Am Sam".

do a cover of its raining men

lmfao

Throwback

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 06:51:26 AM »
if i want to do something in the musicbizz i will become a sampler. cuz i cant sing, or play any instrument.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 09:31:05 PM »

Does the song you mentioned, "Don't Dream it's Over", have a chorus that say's "Hey Now, Hey Now"?   If so, I think it was the Dixie Chicks that remade that over a year ago.  The origional is a great song, good choice.  I became a big fan of it when I heard it as the theme music to Steven Kings, "The Stand" about 5 years ago.  That movie was deep, it was about the ultimate struggle for good and evil, and the lyrics fit perfect.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 10:10:02 PM »
No, it wasn't the dixie chicks.  It was Sixpence None The Richer.  Once I found out it was Sixpence None The Richer, I didn't mind as much, because they're a good band.  None of yall would think so, though!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 10:14:16 PM »
^ kiiis me.. blah blah blah blah blah blah.. any other good songs by them?