Author Topic: Grammy Nominees...  (Read 165 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Grammy Nominees...
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 05:20:09 PM »
Oh well.  SMiLE > all nominated albums this year.

Wilson did get a couple nods though. SMiLE got one for best pop vocal album, and Ms O'Leary's Cow got best pop instrumental.

I love how Springsteen doesn't release anything this year or last year and he wins a grammy last year, and gets nominated this year for best rock solo vocal. All he released this year was an Essential greatest hits album, that contained a bonus disc of unreleased songs and one of the songs got nominated. I think they're still saying sorry for screwing him over two tears ago with the Rising. I still can't belive Norah Jones won. Stupid marketing ploys. They were just trying to attract the older listener, probably because they don't download as much. Well it didn't work, because contemporary Jazz still isn't selling shit.

yea i meant to say > all albums of the year that were nominated. lol   Its all starbucks fault, even if you just pass by one you see that Ray Charles album lol

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 05:50:32 PM »
I hope Jay-Z gets his props for 99 Problems, that song is so dope. Actually I'd be pretty happy if he got rap album of the year too.. Black Album was dope imo

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 11:10:11 PM »
here's who i think should win

Category 1

Record Of The Year

Heaven
Los Lonely Boys
John Porter, producer; Steve Chadie & John Porter, engineers/mixers
Track from: Los Lonely Boys
[Epic Records]

Category 2

Album Of The Year

American Idiot
Green Day
Billie Joe Armstrong, Rob Cavallo, Mike Dirnt & Tré Cool, producers; Chris Lord-Alge & Doug McKean, engineers/mixers; Ted Jensen, mastering engineer
[Reprise Records]
Category 3

Song Of The Year

If I Ain't Got You
Alicia Keys, songwriter (Alicia Keys)
Track from: The Diary Of Alicia Keys
[J Records; Publishers: Lellow Productions/EMI Music Publishing.]

Category 4

Best New Artist
(For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist.)

Los Lonely Boys

Category 31

Best Rap Solo Performance

Through The Wire
Kanye West
Track from: The College Dropout
[Roc-A-Fella Records]

Category 32

Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group
(For duo, group or collaborative performances of Rap only. Singles or Tracks only.)

Don't Say Nuthin'
The Roots
Track from: The Tipping Point
[Geffen Records]

Category 33

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
(For a Rap/Sung collaborative performance by artists who do not normally perform together. Singles or Tracks only.)

Yeah!
Usher Featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
Track from: Confessions
[Arista/LaFace/Zomba Label Group]

Category 34

Best Rap Song
(A Songwriter(s) Award. For Song Eligibility Guidelines see Category #3. (Artist names appear in parenthesis.) Singles or Tracks only.)

Drop It Like It's Hot
Calvin Broadus, Chad Hugo, S. Thomas & Pharrell Williams, songwriters (Snoop Dogg & Pharrell)
[Geffen]

Category 35

Best Rap Album
(For albums containing 51% or more playing time of VOCAL tracks.)

The College Dropout
Kanye West
[Roc-A-Fella Records]

full listing...http://www.grammy.com/awards/grammy/47noms.aspx

your predictions?

for the record i think greenday released the album of the year, i mean the whole concept of the album=brilliant, and above all that it was smart and meaningful, it was very relavent to the times, and plus it just kicks straight up ass

Los Lonely Boys should get a couple of statues....mark my words they will be big

Usher deserves at least one or two awards , "yeah" was too damn catchy for it not to get somethin'

Kanye shouldn'tof been nominated so much and only will win a lot because some of the categories he's in he's nominated with a bunch of crappier artists.....it's like pick your poison

the darkness' album i know came out in 2003 but i think they should've gotten a couple of nods, they rock and hopefully inspire other artists to make REAL rock again....speaking of real rock, i'm glad velvet revolver though got nominated....they should win

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 11:15:44 PM »
Grammy's suck. But then, so do the MTV awards, and just about every other Awards period.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)