Poll

Cash Money or No Limit?

No Limit
3 (25%)
Cash Money
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Cash Money or No Limit?  (Read 144 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Cash Money or No Limit?
« on: December 11, 2004, 11:26:46 PM »
In 1999, No Limit had a big change of fortune.  Having lost momentum to cross-town rivals Cash Money, "It Ain't My Fault" and TRU's sampling and Outkast biting of "Hoody Hoo" were it's only hits.  Then Cash Money went and jacked No Limit's pen and pixel and confused enough fans into buying their records, and later broke threw with "Back that Ass Up".

But No Limit is real Crescent City hip-hop.  They put the South on the map.  Atlanta had been doing there thing for a minute, but P found a market where there wasn't one before... Nononsense, less is more, rugged, raw, give the people what they want hip-hop!

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

We Fly High

Re: Cash Money or No Limit?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 11:33:40 PM »
wait they intentionally used those pen and pixel covers to confuse the customers to make them think they were no limit affiliated albums? thats some funny shit.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 11:36:23 PM »
wait they intentionally used those pen and pixel covers to confuse the customers to make them think they were no limit affiliated albums? thats some funny shit.

I don't know if they did it intentionally or not, but I know alot of ignorant fans in my city were fooled by it.  Infact, even myself, my friend and I, we rented some wack "Ballers" movie, because it had Pen and Pixel so we thought it was somehow related.

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 11:46:01 PM »
thats a pretty sick ice cream tat on the arm.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 11:58:48 PM »
thats a pretty sick ice cream tat on the arm.

Word... that's why fools hate on P, cause he's Bout It Bout It!

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 01:39:33 AM »

cash money... kuz them niggas never changed the style they came in with..which is that bounce/gogo like stuff..u hear it in everything ever produced by mannie fresh from magnolia shorty and unlv's earlier stuff to the stuff they do now..mannie keeps that shit alive in everything..they r the true crescent city hip hop makers..

no limit...im a fan of their shit... but them niggas been bitin since day 1..people always say pac they r pac dickryders..bullshit.. they bite pac..yea..but yall dont be payin attention how hard they be bitin scarface..p and c-murder are the best scarface clones in the game...when pac was livin..they never touched his stuff..but they show as hell bit face...and they didnt do normal n.o rap...they was doin west coast like shit...mystikal 1 of the best gogo/bounce rappers..even changed the style he was doin on mind of mystikal...shit like not that nigga or never gone bounce..u didnt hear none of that style from him while on n.l...jus cuz they had a bunch of louisiana rappers...dont mean they were makin louisiana music...

and far as pen & pixel/aka goes.. they did everybodies graphics..they out of houston...so almost everybody in the south used them,kuz 1 they was cheap..and they did shit that stand out from everything...southern rappers.. bullshit rappers or tight rappers knew.. that if consumers see the style pen n pixel brought to the game...they will pick cd's up kuz the cover is tight..

hell look at all the niggas on no-limit...half them niggas was sorry as hell...and they was sellin jus cuz they had decent lookin covers..u wouldnt dare listen to skull dugrey,the gambino family,prime suspects,mr. serv on or even fiend..he was tight..but ..now..he cant even sell 10,000 records nomore...and he fuckin with the ruff ryders...and he aint doin shit like he was when he was with no-limit..i got a grip of albums i look back now and be like...wtf i get this shit 4..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 03:19:08 AM »
i never got into no limit, cash was dope, like 3-4 years ago, i was like 14, bumpin hot boys, juvenile, lil wayne, loving it....

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 03:24:03 AM »
I used to like Cash Money back in the days...

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 06:27:03 AM »
just thnk cash money has always been sellin, cash money still has the universal deal. nolimit stopped selling and they lost the deal and went to koch. and its a sad day when your hottest star is a 12 yearold boy

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 07:01:36 AM »
No Limit  1 (12.5%)
Cash Money  7 (87.5%)

Total Votes: 8

i assume the one vote is yours. too bad you are all alone