Author Topic: Stem Cells  (Read 125 times)

Trauma-san

Stem Cells
« on: December 15, 2004, 07:44:42 AM »
Since my time travel theory was such a hit, I also have a theory about Stem Cells.  I thought it up by listening to Brian Wilson records (no shit). 

Anyways, the stem cell is supposedly this huge incredible cell that knows how to divide itself perfectly into every type of cell in the human body, into hearts, organs, bone tissue, brain matter, flesh, blood, etc.  Scientists are studying the stem cell trying to find that bit of information.

I think that's all wrong.  I was thinking about Brian Wilson, and the Beatles, and how you could tell from their inception that they had great music within them, "Catch A Wave" is as good as Brian ever did, "She Loves You" is as good as the Beatles ever did.  Even when the Beatles were singing "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Yeahhhhh" you had that whole cool Beatles "Love" vibe, just in them saying some nonsensical phrase.  So, there was their entire creative output, summed up in 1 phrase, near the beginning of their career.  It simply grew from there, but it was always, "there". 

So, I thought to myself, that's like stem cells.  Everything's right there from the beginning. 

Then, I thought, though, that Brian Wilson didn't invent the modular approach to producing until he did Good Vibrations, 5 years later.  He invented that through interacting, and learning, from the studio, Phil Spector, and all the musicians around him who helped him do it.

So then this light went off in my head, the Stem Cell doesn't really have all the information to create organs and tissues found throughout the body, it just has the ability to MIMICK, the Mother's body. 

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Stem Cells
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 02:18:27 PM »
stem cells would be great to a point. once we have to determine wether or not something is human, i think is the point we have to stop

Sikotic™

Re: Stem Cells
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 07:50:36 PM »
We'll never know their potential until they are fully researched.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE