Author Topic: DPG Recordz Update  (Read 384 times)

lbc213

DPG Recordz Update
« on: September 12, 2002, 12:59:28 AM »
September 12, 2002

Wassup...been a while since we dropped an update...here's what's going on with everything...

REORGANIZED MANAGEMENT FOR DAZ
DPG Recordz is going through reorganization. Daz's management has been cleaned up and many people have been reassigned. DJ WHOO KID is now Daz's STREET MANAGER. WHOO KID handles STREET MANAGEMENT for 50 Cent [signed to Shady/Aftermath]...Whoo Kid is only one of the many changes made to the management. Who said the east had no love for the rappers in the west?

MIXTAPE UPDATE
Whoo Kid's next mixtape is called MAX PAYNE 2. It drops this FRIDAY. The mixtape features two new BIGGY tracks. One of the tracks features 50 Cent. This tape will also feature FIRST 2 BOMB, a song from the highly anticipated MAKAVELI AND DILLINGER album. Next week WHOO KID will drop SMOKIN N STRIPPIN. This tape will be dedicated to HIP-HOP's beefs. Everyone will be dissing everyone on this tape. It will feature the song THA ROW KILLA featuring Daz and PFN. Support the mixtapes! Don't think only people in the East are down with these. If you're a fan of freestyles be sure to pick these up. Trouble finding a mixtape you might want? Check out mixtapes.com. They'll sell the mixtapes U need. If you've never bought a mixtape in your life BUY THESE! Support Daz and the west. The only people that can bring it back is the SCREAM of the FANS. Tapes are usually only 10 dollars. No big deal considering you get exclusive cuts. I'm gonna try and get a store list for everyone that way all of you know where you can start purchasing these. WHOO KID is DPG now support him! He supports us and DAZ!

DJ BEEFS
Don't know if any of you know about these mixtape DJs beefing. I'ma just clear a few things and let you guys know who's on OUR side. The beef is simple, basically because DJs are taking the SHINE from those DJs who are played out. DJ WHOO KID and KAY SLAY versus DJ CLUE and ENVY. Our team is WHOO KID and KAY SLAY. They support the West and DPG 100%. Let me say this much...WHOO KID and KAY SLAY are about to take those two HATERZ out of the game. Peep Kay Slay and Whoo Kid mixtapes for details.

MAGAZINE/INTERVIEW REQUEST
We did this before and new management has asked us to do it once again. If you are from a magazine or a e-zine [a internet magazine] and would like to interview Daz e-mail kronik@dpgrecordz.com. I will forward all interview requests to management.

MAKAVELI N DILLINGER
The big talk on the net right now is 2Pac, 2Pac, 2Pac. It started with the LA Times but lead into MAKAVELI N DILLINGER going on SALE on the streets. The tracks that have LEAKED are merely ROUGH CUTS of the album. The only song on there that was completed was FIRST 2 BOMB.  Very few people had copies of the ROUGH CUTS so it will be easy to pinpoint who it is. DPG Recordz is still set to release MAKAVELI N DILLINGER after AMARU RECORDS releases their 2Pac album. DPG Recordz apologizes for the delay. If it was their choice the CDs would have been sent a year ago.

RELEASE TIMES
A lot of you are wondering when we are dropping anything! Here's what our schedule is looking like:
WHO RIDE WIT US VOLUME 2 - OCTOBER 2002 [Earlier on the streets in Southern California]
GANGSTA SHIT DVD - EARLY NOVEMBER 2002 [Will be released on the streets in Southern California in October 2002, it will take a week or two to spread to other retail locations]
THIS IS THE LIFE I LEAD DVD - NOVEMBER 2002
DAT NIGGA DAZ - THE EP - DECEMBER 2002
CROOKED I - SAY HI TO THE BAD GUY VOLUME ONE: SPECIAL EDITION - 2 Weeks after Death Row drops their version of the album.
THA ROW KILLA - No date set. Daz was once again disappointed with the product he had and would like to add a few new songs with his new eastcoast affiliates.
DAZ - THE BLACK PHATOM - MID-2003

STATUS ON GOING MAJOR
A few updates ago we let the world know Daz wanted to go MAJOR. Firstly, we would like to thank all the labels that have taken interest in signing Daz. Second, we're coming close to closing a deal with a MAJOR LABEL. The only detail we will reveal is Daz's next album, THE BLACK PHANTOM will be released under the MAJOR. Things should be finalized within a month or two. We will keep you guys posted with full details.

TOTAL SOLD
This Is The Life I Lead has been in stores for 3-4 months now. The album has had TERRIBLE promotion. To be truthful, the only real promotion for that album was THIS WEB SITE. The single got very little radio play and the video barely got any airtime. Reasons for all this? UNORGANIZED! Solution: Read Above. Anyhow, you would think this album would sell shitty amount due to the fact nothings been done to tell peeps its dropped...well it hasn't done bad at all. Figures were checked last week...and they were at 74,000. We seem to be on a steady pace to 100,000 sold. This is not bad at all considering what I mentioned above.

MIKE DEAN VS. MURDER INC
7 Aurelius of Murder Inc Records a FRAUD! Mike Dean and J-Prince of Rap A Lot Records are preparing to sue 7 Aurelius [of Murder Inc. Records] for false crediting on the  track BABY, from Ashanti's latest self-titled solo release. 7 used to work at Rap-A-Lot Records. He was fired due to a problem of taking credit for tracks he never did. If  you listen to the song MARY JANE from Scarface's UNTOUCHABLE album and then listen to ASHANTI's BABY single you will see how similar they are. Mike Dean produced the original song for SCARFACE. 7 took production credit for the track and gave Mike Dean writing credit. A quote from Mike Dean "7 [Aurelius] is a bitch!". nuff sed there.

LINK TO MIKE DEAN'S OFFICIAL WEB SITE

DPG FORUM HITS 5,000
Been a lot of ups and downs and the forum is growing. It is becoming one of the GREAT forums on the net. We now have 5,000 members. I would like to thank all of those that signed up. And if you have 1 Friend that hasn't signed up, tell him/her too! If we all do it that'll give us another 5,000 members! Keep it mooooving peeps...

2002 was DPG Recordz...will 2003 be DPG Entertainment?...stay tuned..

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DPG Recordz Update
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 01:39:55 AM »
i cant wait for thos 2 new Biggie songs. i hope they are really new and not some recycled bullshit
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Quadruple OG

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 05:32:51 AM »
i gotta criticize a couple of things here, specifically about how This is the life I lead sold "terribly".  This album was independent, Daz says in one of the songs "Fuck all y'all major labels".  If they were expecting to go gold or platinum without any magazine adds, commercials, etc., then Daz has smoked himself stupid.  Daz is not as well known as he was back in 1996-1998, and most of the rap fans, honestly, doesn't care for Daz anymore.  He should be happy if they sell 100,000, considering he gets a good chunk of money cuz he's independent.  And if he thinks that by going major can help him, he better have a nice long chat wit Nate Dogg and Warren G.  Nate's last album (IMO garbage) sold about the same as Daz's latest album, and Warren G's hasn't seen gold, or even a second single.  I hvae to agree with the first thing in the update, saying they need to reorganize, because the people talkng into Daz's ears have no idea what they r talking about.  

Also, it's stupid to tell people what side they should be on when it comes to a beef, particularly the one wit the mixtape dj's.  It's funny they talk about Kay Slay and Whoo Kid repping DPG, yet Kay Slay gives love to Tha Row as well.  It's also funny that they don't side with DJ Clue, considering Daz was on The Professional 2, and Kurupt was on 2 songs off that album.  The webmaster of that site should just let the fans side with whoever they want, if they even care about mixtape "wars".

But one good thing about the update is Whoo Kid becoming Daz's street manager.  Should help him out with bringing Daz to the streets of NY.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 05:47:57 AM »
thanks for lettin us know

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2002, 06:03:58 AM »
Sorry but everytime i see a daz  update it reminds me of a drug addict just walking around and talking shit.....  

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 06:57:43 AM »
How the fuck are they gonna add two bit's to a fucken Biggie track that is so anticipated.....WOW!! what a fucken insult to put a wack Mc such as him on the same track as BIG. Danmm!! I guess it's right, sell your ass and you can get a lil' head...lol
Racism in hip-hop is a bitch....reverse racism I mean,
If you ain't wit' him...then u don't sell record's.

Fuck 50 cent..

SugeFight

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2002, 07:00:49 AM »
i gotta criticize a couple of things here, specifically about how This is the life I lead sold "terribly".  This album was independent, Daz says in one of the songs "Fuck all y'all major labels".  If they were expecting to go gold or platinum without any magazine adds, commercials, etc., then Daz has smoked himself stupid.  Daz is not as well known as he was back in 1996-1998, and most of the rap fans, honestly, doesn't care for Daz anymore.  He should be happy if they sell 100,000, considering he gets a good chunk of money cuz he's independent.  And if he thinks that by going major can help him, he better have a nice long chat wit Nate Dogg and Warren G.  Nate's last album (IMO garbage) sold about the same as Daz's latest album, and Warren G's hasn't seen gold, or even a second single.

Nate Doggs last album, which wasnt very good, dwarfed Daz's sales (as it should).  Dont get me wrong..Music and Me was a HUGE disappointment quality and sales wise..but its numbers towered over Daz's.  Nate Dogg's album was on Billboard top 100 for a number of weeks during Christmas season..which is about guaranteed 200,000 units right there.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2002, 08:38:26 AM »

Nate Doggs last album, which wasnt very good, dwarfed Daz's sales (as it should).  Dont get me wrong..Music and Me was a HUGE disappointment quality and sales wise..but its numbers towered over Daz's.  Nate Dogg's album was on Billboard top 100 for a number of weeks during Christmas season..which is about guaranteed 200,000 units right there.

I heard it only sold about 77,000.  not 100% sure

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2002, 08:54:35 AM »
I heard it only sold about 77,000.  not 100% sure

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2002, 10:11:37 AM »
Sorry but everytime i see a daz  update it reminds me of a drug addict just walking around and talking shit.....  

LMAO, yeah i agree.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2002, 10:18:51 AM »
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I heard that Ashanti song and it has the same exact beat as Scarface's "Mary Jane" off the Untouchable album. It was obviously produced by Mike Dean. Shit Murder Inc is making too many fuckin remakes, their beats arent original

Go Mike sue the hell out of them