Author Topic: I got through on a talk radio show!  (Read 185 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I got through on a talk radio show!
« on: December 19, 2004, 02:20:08 AM »
LOL... some local latenight radio talk show.  Still, it's my first time every getting through on a radio station.

Anyway, this guy was talking about Islam.  Saying that the problem with Islam was these extremists Muslims like the Wahabi's and Al-Queda, and the Saudi's and these Muslims that will kill you if you try to leave the religion, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I was driving home from working the overnight shift.  And I stopped at a payphone and called in.  Trust me, ya'll are much more fierce competition than this dude is when it comes to debating.

1. First I explained to him that Bin Laden has nothing to do with the Wahabi Saudi's.  That Bin Laden was kicked out of Saudi Arabia because he wrote a letter critisizing the Saudi government for allowing the United States to biuld military bases there.  Because Bin Laden predicting that one day they would use those bases as a launching pad for wars against Muslims.  He was ofcourse right.  Anyway, the Wahabi Saudi's kicked Bin Laden out of the country. 

..then we argued about that for a while.

2.  Then later, I explained to him that nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say that someone should be killed for leaving Islam.  I told him that there is a wealth of Hadith literature (sayings attributed to the Prophet Muhammad, things he may or may not have said) that some Muslims follow some Hadith's that they think are authentic, and other Muslims follow other Hadith's that they think are authentic, and therefore you have these different schools of thought.   But that the Qu'ran is pure from any flaws, and that nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say that someone should be killed for leaving Islam.  I told him that the Qu'ran says that there is no compulsion in religion.

.....then we argued about that for a while.

3.   Then he asked me about Iraq.  And I told him, don't make the situation more complex than it has to be.  Iraqi's are fighting against a foreign occupying force, that is killing, humiliating, and subjagating them on a daily basis.  I said, they are fighting, just like we would be fighting if a foreign power came and occupied America.  I told him that the Qu'ran gives Muslims a liscence to defend themselves against oppression just like American's have the right to defend themselves in the constitution.  Then he asked me if I thought Muslims had the right to attack America like 911, and I told him Bin Laden said that because America claims to be a democracy where the people choose the government, and because we all pay taxes, therefore we all have blood on our hands.  But I told him, I have been Muslim 4 years, and I've never once heard any body talk about using any aggression in America, I told him that the government wants to keep the people in fear, and that that is how Bush one the election was by keeping the public in fear.

... then we argued about that for a while.

4.  I asked him to explain to me how Arabs could dominate the land of Isreal/Palestine for 8 centuries, with only Arabs living there, and in this land of all Arabs, how could America and Britian just up and decide that they were going to create a Jewish state there without consulting the Arabs, and then move all those Jews that had been kicked out of Europe to control and occupy thier land.  I asked him how he could justify that..........  Then he said that I wanted to kill all the Jews in Isreal, and I told him, "NO", I told him, "I'm realistic, I just simply ask that they stop bulldozing houses, and steadily driving deeper and deeper into Palestinian territory.

5.  Lastly, he asked me about 'Dhimi's' (non-Muslims being forced to pay a religious tax in Muslim countries)  and I explained to him that Muslims are obligated to pay a portion of our salary to charity, that it's a religious obligation we have to do, so that is our tax.  And non-Muslims, likewise, also have to pay a tax in a similar amount.  He said, "yeah but there forced to pay a tax", and I said, "In America, I'm forced to pay taxes, that go straight to Isreal, I don't like it, and I'm forced to pay it!"

..... then we argued about that for a while.

That's it.  What ya'll think?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 02:30:11 AM by P was banned.. so just call me 'Rap' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mauzip

Re: I got through on a talk radio show!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 03:35:56 AM »
 :sleep:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 04:01:55 AM »
You owned him, although I don't see how someone can possibly win this discussion from his point of view.. it's pretty unfair actually. lol..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 03:41:05 PM »
sounds like a great segment  ::)

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:00:56 PM »
arguing is useless, they're still gonna kill each other no matter how many radio stations you argue on... i see it as a waste of time... glad you feel better over saying that stuff but it didn't solve anything

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 04:27:18 AM »
3.   Then he asked me about Iraq.  And I told him, don't make the situation more complex than it has to be.  Iraqi's are fighting against a foreign occupying force, that is killing, humiliating, and subjagating them on a daily basis.  I said, they are fighting, just like we would be fighting if a foreign power came and occupied America.  I told him that the Qu'ran gives Muslims a liscence to defend themselves against oppression just like American's have the right to defend themselves in the constitution. 

Well, if that's true then why didn't the Iraqi's fight against Saddam Hussein when he was "occupying" Iraq? They should've done it before, even though I realise how hard it is for them. I do believe the Americans are just there to help the Iraqi's build up their own country, but they're getting so much resistance it gets demotivating and they start abusing the Iraqi people as a sort of revenge. That's where it all goes wrong, and if only the Iraqi's would be helping out the Americans instead of fighting against them, Iraq could be a peaceful country soon enough. I believe this problem starts with the Iraqi people. Yeah, I know it's controversial but when it comes to this war in Iraq I'm with Bush  :o I know, he's made some major mistakes and that sucks, but he should have kicked Saddam's ass out of Iraq way before.

And to Mauzip... If you don't find the Train of Thought topics interesting, then how about you stop spamming here?