Author Topic: Is the U.S. really the most generous nation?  (Read 1213 times)

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Is the U.S. really the most generous nation?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2004, 01:38:30 PM »
money always affects their decisions

it's called capitalism. the "american dream" is to get welthy. i'm not tryin to defend the actions of the govenment, but you need to realize that everone in a free socaity is driven to get money. people what to improve thier qulity of life. the more capital you have, the better cars, clothes, education, ect., you can get.
i'm sure money runs your world too

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2004, 02:14:07 PM »

it's called capitalism. the "american dream" is to get welthy. i'm not tryin to defend the actions of the govenment, but you need to realize that everone in a free socaity is driven to get money. people what to improve thier qulity of life. the more capital you have, the better cars, clothes, education, ect., you can get.

First, you should become able to spell words at least decently. Then we can talk about making money, alright?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2004, 04:48:29 PM »

First, you should become able to spell words at least decently. Then we can talk about making money, alright?

go fuck a sloth

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2004, 05:05:25 PM »

go fuck a sloth

You're doomed and about to be faced with ruin.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2004, 07:05:56 PM »

you can improve the quality of life without money.... money is only a tool to help you do it, but better relationships, social life, etc. all improve quality of life.  thats another conservative dilemma.  they push for increased freedom to profit, and ignore other factors that contribute to quality of life.

a cool book on this topic:

The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060005688/qid=1104116844/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-5342276-9707832?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2004, 07:53:49 AM »
Which country is giving the most money and manpower to the victims of the Tsunamis in South Asia?

mauzip

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2004, 08:23:11 AM »
i agree with ant... America sucks balls, money always affects their decisions, american govt. is the greediest in the world... they may do good for the world, but the good they do 98% of the time has double meanings, they benefit either way... FUCK U.S.A AND the individuals there... ive met 4 Americans, all arrogant fucks, iggnorant think they shit diont stick...

FUCK ALL OF U.S.A Everylast one of you, FUCK YA !!!!!!!

I met a couple of hundred Americans (that's just a guess) and I can only think of 1 American I met that I don't like.

Thirteen

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2004, 10:31:13 AM »
Which country is giving the most money and manpower to the victims of the Tsunamis in South Asia?

yep it's funny when 4 hurricanes wreck most of florida and repairs were in the billions and we didn't get a penny, but now we send $35,000,000 and the army corps of engineers and more military to help other countries fix their problems

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2004, 11:22:52 AM »
Actually we didnt send $35 million and your logic is retarded.  Why would less-developed countries help a wealthy country when it needs money?  If Bill Gates house burns down are you going to send him a check to have it fixed? 

Eventually the U.S. may pledge to give more, but last I read, the IRC asked for $7 million and we pledged around $4 millionn.  In comparision to the hundreds of millions we spend each day in Iraq, its a rather insignficant amount.  In comparison, George Soros, who is villified by modern republicans, personally gives away around $400 million annually to a variety of global causes. 

Really though this shouldn't be all that difficult of a concept.  A billionare gives away 10k annually, or a guy making 35k a year gives away 1k annually, who is more generous?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2004, 12:39:18 PM »
Actually we didnt send $35 million and your logic is retarded.  Why would less-developed countries help a wealthy country when it needs money?  If Bill Gates house burns down are you going to send him a check to have it fixed?

Actually we did send $35 mil and YOUR logic is retarded.  What about Canada or France? Are they so "less-deleveloped" that they couldnt help us during the Hurricanes or 9/11.

The Bill Gates analogy was so stupid im not even going to comment.

Eventually the U.S. may pledge to give more, but last I read, the IRC asked for $7 million and we pledged around $4 millionn.  In comparision to the hundreds of millions we spend each day in Iraq, its a rather insignficant amount.  In comparison, George Soros, who is villified by modern republicans, personally gives away around $400 million annually to a variety of global causes. 

What the fuck is your point about the IRC? The US is not obligated to give shit to other Countries/International Organizations. We just do because we are kind and gernerous people. And what the hell is your point about George Soros? Just because he gives money the government should?

Really though this shouldn't be all that difficult of a concept.  A billionare gives away 10k annually, or a guy making 35k a year gives away 1k annually, who is more generous?

The guy who is making 35k because hes giving 2.8% of his money while the billionare is only giving 0.001% of his money.

Smooth

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2004, 01:29:24 PM »

Actually we did send $35 mil and YOUR logic is retarded.  What about Canada or France? Are they so "less-deleveloped" that they couldnt help us during the Hurricanes or 9/11.

What the fuck is your point about the IRC? The US is not obligated to give shit to other Countries/International Organizations. We just do because we are kind and gernerous people. And what the hell is your point about George Soros? Just because he gives money the government should?

The guy who is making 35k because hes giving 2.8% of his money while the billionare is only giving 0.001% of his money.

Actually we (Canada) helped the US with 9/11, can't remember exactly now what it was, but I remember reading about it for sure.
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2004, 04:01:28 PM »

Let's try again.  If someone has a disaster, and they can afford to fix it, why would other people give them money to fix it?  If my house burns down, and I have more than enough money to fix my house, why would my cousin, who is well off, but makes less money than me, give me money to fix my house?  I'm sorry the Bill Gates analogy was too extreme for you.  This one is less, now feel free to explain your logic.

Secondly, I doubled checked, and around mid-day the U.S. pledged a total of $35 million, so on that issue you are correct, when I read about the story it was only $4 million.  However, we initially pledged less, and after being called stingy by the U.N., the IRC, and others, we decided to give more.  In comparison, we gave billions to Florida after the hurricanes.  50,000 people just died, and whole countries got fucked, $35 million, or even $50 million is insignificant.  In comparison, we spend billions everyday on Iraq.  Now, I'm not really arguing that we should give more, I'm only trying to point out, that we aren't really being international saviors when we give $35 million away.  If it cost a few billion to help Florida, what is 35$ million really going to do for these people?

finally, I spent this whole threat pointing out that the U.S. is the least generous nation, and after everyone disagreeing with me, you actually end up agreeing with my main point.  You said, at the end, the guy who gives a higher percentage of what he makes away is more generous, well the U.S. gives away only .01% of annual GNP, the lowest of every single developed nation.  Now I've never said whether generosity is good or bad, I could make an argument that it is bad, but for everyone arguing with me that the U.S. is a very generous nation, the fact is, we are the least generous nation. 

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2004, 04:51:44 PM »

Let's try again.  If someone has a disaster, and they can afford to fix it, why would other people give them money to fix it?  If my house burns down, and I have more than enough money to fix my house, why would my cousin, who is well off, but makes less money than me, give me money to fix my house?  I'm sorry the Bill Gates analogy was too extreme for you.  This one is less, now feel free to explain your logic.
Other countries should help us in our time of need because we always help them. Its not the matter if we can afford it or not its the matter of someone helping us because we always help them like France. We saved there ass twice and they didn't want to help us in Iraq.

Secondly, I doubled checked, and around mid-day the U.S. pledged a total of $35 million, so on that issue you are correct, when I read about the story it was only $4 million.  However, we initially pledged less, and after being called stingy by the U.N., the IRC, and others, we decided to give more.  In comparison, we gave billions to Florida after the hurricanes.  50,000 people just died, and whole countries got fucked, $35 million, or even $50 million is insignificant.  In comparison, we spend billions everyday on Iraq.  Now, I'm not really arguing that we should give more, I'm only trying to point out, that we aren't really being international saviors when we give $35 million away.  If it cost a few billion to help Florida, what is 35$ million really going to do for these people?

Where not being international saviors when we give 35 million away wtf you talking about? That's the most out of any country. The US gives the most money out of all other countries combined to other countries and organizations every year. How about France they only gave $100,000 to Asia. And don't say "Oh well its because the US has the most money and greatest economy", if that's true what about Australia? They are the worlds second supplier of money and they have a small population and economy.

finally, I spent this whole threat pointing out that the U.S. is the least generous nation, and after everyone disagreeing with me, you actually end up agreeing with my main point.  You said, at the end, the guy who gives a higher percentage of what he makes away is more generous, well the U.S. gives away only .01% of annual GNP, the lowest of every single developed nation.  Now I've never said whether generosity is good or bad, I could make an argument that it is bad, but for everyone arguing with me that the U.S. is a very generous nation, the fact is, we are the least generous nation. 

The least generous nation? Yeah okay. Fuck percentages. It doesn't matter, because we still give the greatest number of money out of everyone combined.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2004, 06:51:32 PM »
Ant: A billionare gives away 10k annually, or a guy making 35k a year gives away 1k annually, who is more generous?

Machiavelli: The guy who is making 35k because hes giving 2.8% of his money while the billionare is only giving 0.001% of his money.

Ant: You said, at the end, the guy who gives a higher percentage of what he makes away is more generous, well the U.S. gives away only .01% of annual GNP, the lowest of every single developed nation.  Now I've never said whether generosity is good or bad, I could make an argument that it is bad, but for everyone arguing with me that the U.S. is a very generous nation, the fact is, we are the least generous nation.

Machiavelli: The least generous nation? Yeah okay. Fuck percentages. It doesn't matter, because we still give the greatest number of money out of everyone combined.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 06:55:02 PM by Ant »

Thirteen

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2004, 08:21:22 PM »
so you're saying that everyone that lost their house in Florida is well off like bill gates?

ant you're a fucking idiot when it comes to the most basic of things...you're making this big deal about generosity when you don't have the fundamental understanding of it... a dollar given to someone in need is great no matter if it's poor going to the rich or vice versa

bottom line is you're a fucking idiot and it doesn't take all the posts in this thread to prove what many of us already know