Author Topic: Is the U.S. really the most generous nation?  (Read 1192 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is the U.S. really the most generous nation?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2005, 12:39:18 PM »
You guys talk as if America HAS to give money to third world countries, and other countries in need.  Any country that gives anything is generous.

America gives lots of money to other countries, and we obviously dont get anything of value in return, so therefore we are generous enough said.

and youre talking as though america has the right to be greedy, do you think only u as an american deserves a good life ?? FUCK OUT OF HERE DIE BITCH
Once again the "Right" to be greedy?

America made its money and we have the "RIGHT" to do with it however the fuck we want.  We have the right to choose to aid other countries and the right to not aid other countries. We choose to aid them.

rafsta

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2005, 02:40:28 PM »
last i saw America's currency has written on it "in God we trust", if this is the case America as a nation should uphold God's Law... if you do not know god's law then you should dust off the old bible and read about it.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2005, 04:33:44 PM »
last i saw America's currency has written on it "in God we trust", if this is the case America as a nation should uphold God's Law... if you do not know god's law then you should dust off the old bible and read about it.
Have you been living in a cave? America was founded on God, and last time i checked things have changed since then.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic

Jome

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »
The U.S is the most generous nation Period. Goverment aid alone we are giving 350 milliion. What about Private donations?  Private Donations are 3 times the amount of government aid so when its all said and done we will be giving over 1 billion.

WOW.
Amazing.  :-X

Woodrow

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2005, 07:30:32 PM »
Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm back in my school history class.

Although I was a classroom assistant at a special needs school.

Here's some stats for you morons, and remember: this was before the tsunami.

International giving by U.S. foundations totals $1.5 billion per year
Charitable giving by U.S. businesses now comes to at least $2.8 billion annually
American NGOs gave over $6.6 billion in grants, goods and volunteers.
Religious overseas ministries contribute $3.4 billion, including health care, literacy training, relief and development.
$1.3 billion by U.S. colleges are given in scholarships to foreign students
Personal remittances from the U.S. to developing countries came to $18 billion in 2000

Source: Dr. Carol Laderman - Aid and Comfort

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2005, 08:05:01 PM »
fuck the star spangled banner.
and fuck you too

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2005, 09:08:42 PM »

Other countries should help us in our time of need because we always help them. Its not the matter if we can afford it or not its the matter of someone helping us because we always help them like France. We saved there ass twice and they didn't want to help us in Iraq.

Where not being international saviors when we give 35 million away wtf you talking about? That's the most out of any country. The US gives the most money out of all other countries combined to other countries and organizations every year. How about France they only gave $100,000 to Asia. And don't say "Oh well its because the US has the most money and greatest economy", if that's true what about Australia? They are the worlds second supplier of money and they have a small population and economy.

MAchiavelli no offence its prolly not ure fault ure the dumbest most ignorant dillusional cliche american... FUCK YOU thats the stupidest comment i have EVER heard.... America wouldnt have helped europe in WW2 if Japan didnt attack and cripple pearl harbor, its all about the money when america is involved... FUCK YOU america didnt wanna get involved in WW2 they thought it was europe problem, when they were attacked they made it their problem, and when the war was over they killed millions by kicking japan in the nuts... America is the nation that is the most dangerous with weapons of mass destruction, because theyre the only irresponsible nation that used one on innocent people, when a war was already over... FUCK AMERICA YOU ALL DESERVE TO DIE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerily hope your house is bombed by terrorists.

your an ass hole
talkin shit about america on a west coast rap forum ::)

rafsta

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2005, 03:31:09 AM »
 8)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2005, 05:55:19 AM »
wtf happened to my 2 posts and 7evens posts

Bomb-A®

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2005, 06:50:16 AM »
they made no sense so i had them removed ;D

peace

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2005, 11:38:56 AM »
Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm back in my school history class.

Although I was a classroom assistant at a special needs school.

Here's some stats for you morons, and remember: this was before the tsunami.

International giving by U.S. foundations totals $1.5 billion per year
Charitable giving by U.S. businesses now comes to at least $2.8 billion annually
American NGOs gave over $6.6 billion in grants, goods and volunteers.
Religious overseas ministries contribute $3.4 billion, including health care, literacy training, relief and development.
$1.3 billion by U.S. colleges are given in scholarships to foreign students
Personal remittances from the U.S. to developing countries came to $18 billion in 2000

Source: Dr. Carol Laderman - Aid and Comfort

I'm glad you took your history classes, but you should have paid attention in mathematics as well.  Generosity by definition is a relative concept and this post was specifically about U.S. government aid. 

You sound just as dumb as your fellow republicans on this board when you continue to argue against an arguement I haven't made.  I could make an argument that foreign aid is actually a bad thing, but I never said whether it was good or bad, I just pointed out correctly, that the U.S. government is the least generous government in the developed world.  It gives a smaller percentage of its annual GNP than any other developed nation.  If you can't look at an obvious fact and admit its existence, you shouldn't bother arguing with me.  Arguing ignorance all day doesn't make your party stronger it makes it weaker.  Maybe if the republican party was filled with more individuals with the courage to see error, and admit the truth, it would be a more respected party.  But as it stands today,  American Republicans are the least respected political party in the world today.  I wonder why?   

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2005, 11:48:33 AM »

I'm glad you took your history classes, but you should have paid attention in mathematics as well.  Generosity by definition is a relative concept and this post was specifically about U.S. government aid. 

You sound just as dumb as your fellow republicans on this board when you continue to argue against an arguement I haven't made.  I could make an argument that foreign aid is actually a bad thing, but I never said whether it was good or bad, I just pointed out correctly, that the U.S. government is the least generous government in the developed world.  It gives a smaller percentage of its annual GNP than any other developed nation.  If you can't look at an obvious fact and admit its existence, you shouldn't bother arguing with me.  Arguing ignorance all day doesn't make your party stronger it makes it weaker.  Maybe if the republican party was filled with more individuals with the courage to see error, and admit the truth, it would be a more respected party.  But as it stands today,  American Republicans are the least respected political party in the world today.  I wonder why?   

This whole thread you said US and America not US government or American government.

Fuck GNP...we give the most money so it doesnt matter.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2005, 01:14:15 PM »
Taken from my 2nd post:

I'm not talking about individual donations, I'm talking about foreign aid provided by the government.  The world's supposed moral authority, the U.S. Government, is the least generous government in the developed world. 

In my original post I referred specifically to U.S. foreign aid, which I can understand could be misunderstood.  But foreign aid typically refers to government aid.  I also referenced in my original posts, a site showing stastics on foreign aid by national governments.  Either way, as you can see from the above quote, while I can understand being misunderstood, I clarified my position so it could be clearly undestood in my second post.  So don't tell me I spent this whole thread saying otherwise. Thats why your arguments don't make sense.  Because you reinvent other people's positions for them, and then argue against things they never even said.  Its slowly becoming the typical republican form of argument.  You saw Bush do it continually in the debates, and as i've said before, values emanate from the top down.

Also, you said in your own words, your more generous if you give a higher percentage of your income.  Now I've pointed this out to you twice now, and you just say, fuck that we give the most.  And you wonder why republicans frequently are branded as being ignorant.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 01:18:00 PM by Ant »

Thirteen

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2005, 01:19:41 PM »
ant i still see you're a moron.... you questioned if america was the most generous nation and we are..

once again, i bet a poor starving african doesn't care if his next sandwich comes from gary smith living in butt fuck iowa or from george bush

only an idiot like you would argue a point like that and you didn't even argue it good, you came up with one number, woodrow and i proved that was false and now you change your argument saying that we should give more than the 75% of the worlds donations...give it up, you lost

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2005, 01:21:16 PM »
ant i still see you're a moron.... you questioned if america was the most generous nation and we are..

once again, i bet a poor starving african doesn't care if his next sandwich comes from gary smith living in butt fuck iowa or from george bush

only an idiot like you would argue a point like that and you didn't even argue it good, you came up with one number, woodrow and i proved that was false and now you change your argument saying that we should give more than the 75% of the worlds donations...give it up, you lost

no moron you lost. enjoy your dead end job, its a sign of your stupidity. if you arent going to recognize reality i'm not going to bother discussing things with you politely.