Poll

your thoughts?

Yes
5 (41.7%)
No
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 25, 2004, 07:08:39 PM

Author Topic: Will the Lakers beat the Heat this Christmas?  (Read 398 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Will the Lakers beat the Heat this Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 01:28:53 AM »
i'll admit i'm a shaq fan but the lakers are still my team, watching the game i was torn i want shaq's team to win cuz he's been my favorite player for 12 years but at the same time the lakers have been my favorite team forever.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 10:25:14 AM »
Damn, you ain't half the fan I thought...A hardcore Laker fan like me gives a shit about a Shaq team, if he's not sporting the Lakers on his jersey, he can go to hell...That's the real Laker mentality.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 09:37:02 PM »
that's stupid^

that's like bulls fans saying "Fuck jordan he's playing for washington"
that's like 49er fans saying "Fuck montana he's playing for the cheifs"
that's like kings fans saynig "fuck Gretzgy he's playing  for the oilers"
that's like cowboy fans saying "Fuck Emmit Smith he's playing for the Cardinals"
that's like Rocket fans saying "Fuck hakeem he's playing for toronto"
that's like Knicks fans saying "fuck Ewing he's playing for the sonics"
that's like Jazz fans saying "fuck malone he's playing for the lakers"

get what i'm saying...........shaq got us 3 championships he was the MAIN reason we got that far he was the main reason the lakers went from 8th in the west to championship glory again don't tell me i'm not a laker fan because a REAL laker fan would have the upmost respect for the big fella.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 11:22:55 PM »
i never looked at it like that, jake... that's a pretty good point.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 11:56:32 PM »
Depending how you see this break up is how you see this game. When Shaq first came into the league, i was a huge Shaq fan, mainly because I loved to see him break backboards, and the Lakers were down so I had another team to watch. I was still a huge Laker fan, and when the Magic came into town, I was rooting for the Lakers even harder because I wanted the upset. I still remember the Lakers running the Magic with fastbreaks and winning by 20, and Chick Hearns saying, "This games in the refigderator, the door is close, the lights are out, the butter is getting hard but my knees ain't giggling." It was my favorite Laker win post Magic era, pre Shaq era. When Shaq signed to the Lakers, it made my life a whole lot easier, as I had one team, and they were going for the title every year. Fast forward to 2004. This summer Shaq left, and once again my favorite player is not a Laker. But my favorite team is the Lakers. I still love Shaq, and during the whole Kobe/Shaq split up, I silently wished the Lakers traded Kobe to Orlando for Tracy McGrady in a sign and trade deal. In the end though, Mitch and Jerry went the way of keeping Kobe and trading Shaq. My reaction, that's cool, we have to rebuild. It does hurt to watch Heat games, and see my two favorite Lakers since Magic Johnson, Eddie Jones and Shaq O'Neal on another team, so I rearly watch. But when it comes to the Lakers, my team is over my favorite player. Shaq is not trying to win titles for the Lakers anymore, his trying to win them for the Heat. And if you are trying to beat the Lakers and keep us out the playoffs, then I can't root for you. I cannot root for anyone trying to beat the Lakers, I don't care who you are. I love Eddie, wished they never traded him, I love Shaq, wish they never traded him, I like Kobe, but if trading him meant keeping Shaq I wish that was the case, and I like Odom, his a nice player but I don't love him, yet. So I would prefer to see Eddie and Shaq beat Kobe and Lamar if it was a 2 on 2 game at the park. But once that Laker jersey is on a team, I am rooting for my team. Any other time, I love you, but don't try to keep my Lakers out the playoff.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 02:02:32 AM »
Depending how you see this break up is how you see this game. When Shaq first came into the league, i was a huge Shaq fan, mainly because I loved to see him break backboards, and the Lakers were down so I had another team to watch. I was still a huge Laker fan, and when the Magic came into town, I was rooting for the Lakers even harder because I wanted the upset. I still remember the Lakers running the Magic with fastbreaks and winning by 20, and Chick Hearns saying, "This games in the refigderator, the door is close, the lights are out, the butter is getting hard but my knees ain't giggling." It was my favorite Laker win post Magic era, pre Shaq era. When Shaq signed to the Lakers, it made my life a whole lot easier, as I had one team, and they were going for the title every year. Fast forward to 2004. This summer Shaq left, and once again my favorite player is not a Laker. But my favorite team is the Lakers. I still love Shaq, and during the whole Kobe/Shaq split up, I silently wished the Lakers traded Kobe to Orlando for Tracy McGrady in a sign and trade deal. In the end though, Mitch and Jerry went the way of keeping Kobe and trading Shaq. My reaction, that's cool, we have to rebuild. It does hurt to watch Heat games, and see my two favorite Lakers since Magic Johnson, Eddie Jones and Shaq O'Neal on another team, so I rearly watch. But when it comes to the Lakers, my team is over my favorite player. Shaq is not trying to win titles for the Lakers anymore, his trying to win them for the Heat. And if you are trying to beat the Lakers and keep us out the playoffs, then I can't root for you. I cannot root for anyone trying to beat the Lakers, I don't care who you are. I love Eddie, wished they never traded him, I love Shaq, wish they never traded him, I like Kobe, but if trading him meant keeping Shaq I wish that was the case, and I like Odom, his a nice player but I don't love him, yet. So I would prefer to see Eddie and Shaq beat Kobe and Lamar if it was a 2 on 2 game at the park. But once that Laker jersey is on a team, I am rooting for my team. Any other time, I love you, but don't try to keep my Lakers out the playoff.

^^See Jake...This is a true fan.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 11:44:55 PM »
^don't disrespect laker fans like that NIK.....real laker fans know the difference between the word "this" and "these"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 10:33:19 AM »
^don't disrespect laker fans like that NIK.....real laker fans know the difference between the word "this" and "these"

Real Laker fans don't root for another team because their favorite player is on it...I ain't disrespecting shit, it's just what being a fan is about...Stickin' with your team through thick and thin...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 09:55:37 PM »
oh god get over it  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2005, 12:01:29 PM »
oh god get over it  ::)

Over what? You think I give a fuck...LOL...For all I care, you can be a Hawks fan...It is what it is.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2005, 01:47:22 PM »
that's stupid^

that's like bulls fans saying "Fuck jordan he's playing for washington"
that's like 49er fans saying "Fuck montana he's playing for the cheifs"
that's like kings fans saynig "fuck Gretzgy he's playing  for the oilers"
that's like cowboy fans saying "Fuck Emmit Smith he's playing for the Cardinals"
that's like Rocket fans saying "Fuck hakeem he's playing for toronto"
that's like Knicks fans saying "fuck Ewing he's playing for the sonics"
that's like Jazz fans saying "fuck malone he's playing for the lakers"

get what i'm saying...........shaq got us 3 championships he was the MAIN reason we got that far he was the main reason the lakers went from 8th in the west to championship glory again don't tell me i'm not a laker fan because a REAL laker fan would have the upmost respect for the big fella.

that's all i got to say and if you don't care quit responding and going around telling other members "your just another jake"