Author Topic: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)  (Read 2345 times)

acbaylove

Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)
« on: December 25, 2004, 03:40:32 PM »
SHIT!

Kobe was been absolutely Jordanesque for 3 quarters and half of the 4th. A real one man show. One white jersey against five red ones, like in every possession. Then Shaq fouled him, 6th foul, fouled out. And Kobe pretty much disappeared. Wade stepped up, Odom stepped up. Overtime. Kobe continued to be a ghost, last shoot by the Lakers. Kobe takes it. Misses.

I really dont know what to say, i've enjoyed watching this incredible game. Shaq is the best C in the league, Kobe is the best player in the league, they are by far the best players in the world.. and it's a shame they dont like each others.

Shit, at least now i know Lakers can beat every team in the league..

For the record, Shaq 24+11, Kobe 42 points.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers 102, Heat 104 (1OT)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 03:49:39 PM »
i dont watch nba i prefer ncaa but i watche this whole game and kobe sure is a fuckin ballhog!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 03:51:50 PM »
SHIT!

Kobe was been absolutely Jordanesque for 3 quarters and half of the 4th. A real one man show. One white jersey against five red ones, like in every possession. Then Shaq fouled him, 6th foul, fouled out. And Kobe pretty much disappeared. Wade stepped up, Odom stepped up. Overtime. Kobe continued to be a ghost, last shoot by the Lakers. Kobe takes it. Misses.

I really dont know what to say, i've enjoyed watching this incredible game. Shaq is the best C in the league, Kobe is the best player in the league, they are by far the best players in the world.. and it's a shame they dont like each others.

Shit, at least now i know Lakers can beat every team in the league..

For the record, Shaq 24+11, Kobe 42 points.

Is this the first lakers game you watched man? Sounds like you were watching Kobe for the first time...i've seen kobe do much better on defence. Points mean shit when you dont win ;D. And why do I have to keep telling you...GARNETT is the best player in the league ;D

Oh and btw, I was watching the Canada vs Slovakia hockey game (GO CANADA!)..so I only watched the 3rd and 4th quarter so I don't really know what happened 1st and 2nd quarter. Heat stepped up in Defence....then when Shaq was followed out, I wasn't scared cause I knew "No need to fear, flash is hear!". and wade kicked some ass  ;D

Funny how when Shaq was fouled out..Kobe didn't scared after that either (except for the freethrows from the shaq foul)

But honestly, I've seen better games in the league.  8)...even though this was my 4 game NBA game i watched all year (the other 3 were Cav games)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 03:53:39 PM »
First, let's not go too far homie. You sound like someone who's full of adrenalin... or Coke.

But I agree to the extend that it was a really good game and Kobe was very good, but skipped crunch time which made the Lakers lose eventually.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 04:07:53 PM »
The presence of Caron Butler was missed...Lakers were lacking in the small forward area with Devan George and Caron Butler both out...The presence of good referees was also missed...I mean, Kobe got fouled driving to the whole so fuckin' much, and the whistle was only blowing about half the time...It's all good though, Lakers have taken most of the championship contenders all the way to the final seconds as a developing team and without many of their key players...Lakers shoulda' won this one, but what I'm really waiting for now is a winning streak by the Lakers...They're overdue and once everyone makes their way back into the line-up, the Lakers will be feared...Lamar Odom is also steadily improving, so that's another positive...This should be the Lakers wake up call...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 04:13:54 PM »
Is this the first lakers game you watched man? Sounds like you were watching Kobe for the first time...i've seen kobe do much better on defence. Points mean shit when you dont win ;D. And why do I have to keep telling you...GARNETT is the best player in the league ;D

No, not the first time, but the 3rd one of the Kobe-era. The other 2 i've seen full are Lakers vs Phoenix (but you know, Phoenix is a strange team, like Dallas, like Sacramento.. they like to score, not to defend. And they dont have Shaq inside) and Lakers vs Kings (but Kings aint the same no more). But this one is the first one i've seen against Shaq. Against Shaq is always "the" game. Not only for Kobe & the Lakers, but for everybody. If you can win against Shaq, you can win the title. Well.. Kobe did a monster job. But i doubt he can repeat it in a Play Offs serie. It was really a one man show..

About KG.. yeah, he's a wonderful player too. But you know.. mentally he's not an MVP, imo. Tecnically and Phisically he is, but mentally he's far from Kobe & Shaq.

But honestly, I've seen better games in the league.  8)...even though this was my 4 game NBA game i watched all year (the other 3 were Cav games)

This one was not a "regular" season match, man. C'mon.. The Christmas day, at 3pm, with the whole world watching you....

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 04:15:21 PM »
First, let's not go too far homie. You sound like someone who's full of adrenalin... or Coke.

Well it's 1 am, i'm full of adrenalin, man..
You should be in the same position if you were a Laker fan..

But I agree to the extend that it was a really good game and Kobe was very good, but skipped crunch time which made the Lakers lose eventually.

Yeah. But he's the best in the league, usually, in that situation. So i can forgive him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 04:18:05 PM »
A Laker fan like me still is upset over a loss like this...One shot would have made a difference, just like many other Laker losses this year... :-\

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 04:22:22 PM »
A Laker fan like me still is upset over a loss like this...One shot would have made a difference, just like many other Laker losses this year... :-\

Fri 19 @ Phoenix        L 102 - 107
Fri 26 vs Sacramento        L 106 - 109
Wed 8 vs Phoenix        L 110 - 113
Fri 17 vs Washington        L 116 - 120  OT
Sat 25 vs Miami        L 102 - 104  OT

That's why i'm happy and sad at the same time. Sad cause we've lost those games, happy cause we just miss one step to win against the best teams in the league.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 04:23:45 PM »
This was typical Kobe in my opinion. A one man show with a big "L" attatched to it. If the Lakers make the playoffs I predict a 1st round loss.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 04:26:48 PM »
kobe sacrificed the win to take the shot

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2004, 04:28:16 PM »
This was typical Kobe in my opinion. A one man show with a big "L" attatched to it.

Should i remember you Kobe played with Atkins, Mihm, Jumaine Jones and Odom (only good player, but not as good as Wade..) in the starting five? C'mon now..

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 04:32:30 PM »

any true fan would be upset over a loss like this

next big match up..Lakers vs Cavs  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 04:37:04 PM »
next big match up..Lakers vs Cavs  ;D

when?
hail the king or kiss the ring!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »
This was typical Kobe in my opinion. A one man show with a big "L" attatched to it. If the Lakers make the playoffs I predict a 1st round loss.

It's a one man show because the rest of the Lakers are still developing as a team...Most of these players haven't even played together until 4 months ago...They're still mending, and they're getting closer and closer to playing like a team...It's not Kobe's fault at all, he's the only one who's really with the program. He's averaging the most assists on the team as well, so there goes his "ball-hog" title. The fact of the matter is that Lakers are playing on the same level as championship contender teams, and as the season grows deeper, they will continue to improve...And there is not an "IF" the Lakers make the playoffs...PeACe